Steve walker transport saved

had a phone call form my boss this morning to tell me that steve walker transport had gone into administration yesterday, all trucks recalled to yard yesterday afternoon, not to sure how many they were running but had to be somewhere near 30 ish, looks like another firm fallen by the wayside. just like to say best of luck to the boys on there who now have to look for a new job hard times are still ahead :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Although it is sad news, administration does not necessarily mean an end. It just means that there will possibly be a restructure while they try to salvage what is left.

I know I am probably being a bit too optimistic, but hopeful for the best outcome.

yeah i thought that as well, but normally if thats the case the truck will stay running, these where all recalled regardless of where they where going :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

just tipped at the papermill in kent where walkers did a lot of work and was told by the warehouse supervisor that they had received an e-mail yesterday informing them that walkers had ceased trading as of yesterday, so looks like no restructuring said day for a lot of drivers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just noticed on their website that they have a sister company, so you never know!

Fileep:
Just noticed on their website that they have a sister company, so you never know!

the only problem i can see is that it don’t look like they where a limited company, is doesn’t say anything on their web site about being ltd either :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

wildfire:

Fileep:

the only problem i can see is that it don’t look like they where a limited company, is doesn’t say anything on their web site about being ltd either :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Name & Registered Office:
S WALKER TRANSPORT LIMITED
THE CHESTNUTS
BRANSONS CROSS BEOLEY
REDDITCH
WORCESTERSHIRE
B98 9DP
Company No. 04265074

That’s where rubberduckY1234 went to work, no idea if he’s still there though.

tachograph:
no idea if he’s still there though.

i doubt it.

Yes I’m still there!

Fingers crossed it will be business as usual Monday!

rubberduckY1234:
Yes I’m still there!

Lets hope so.

Good luck :wink:

rubberduckY1234:
Yes I’m still there!

Er, sorry to be pessimistic but I wouldn’t hold your breath unless you know something we don’t…

I heard about this last night also as a friend runs a fleet of walking floor trailers and worked closely with Walkers.

He has already had 4 phone calls this morning asking for him to price up work that Walkers were doing. Its not a nice situation to be in as you don’t want to profit from somebody else’ misfortune.

As for whether Walkers will continue is still to be seen, I suppose the question would be whether they had work to cover should they be able to continue. Sad day for all concerned :frowning:

Hi Mr Rubberducky1234. Who are you?? im lightning or as the dimwits who work for halfords have named me Litenin. I was In Edmonton all of yesterday, and just got a text saying return to yard. I think that things are FAR from over, indeed i reckon ,and have it on good information that things are developing fast. Some of us are still on the road, alas not me. I got back to the yard late last night, spent 15 minutes talking to Rosie, and whilst I was packing up my stuff, spent time talking to twiggy and little wayne. Spoke to Big Wayne this morning, and he had got back to the yard, and all seemed quiet. Shane is still on the road - I spoke to him about an hour and a half ago.

I was going to say earlier that I thought I saw one n/b A1m just past blyth earlier today, thought I had it wrong as earlier post stated all had been recalled to yard! Fingers crossed it works out for all concerned.

Lightning I just sent you pm

The usual problem is that the fuel companies pull the credit. The administartor will obviously want the trucks back at the yard until that gets sorted.

Sad news - must be 40 odd drivers there.

On this occasion It def wasnt the Fuel companies that put a block on. The firms Bank Froze accounts, as they appar want out of all Haulage business. They ( the Banks) after digging the grave of this country, now seem Hell bent on filling it up to hide their incompetence. I thought this country was Pro business, and that the government stance was to help business through the recession - this appears not to be happenning alarmingly.

lightning:
On this occasion It def wasnt the Fuel companies that put a block on. The firms Bank Froze accounts, as they appar want out of all Haulage business. They ( the Banks) after digging the grave of this country, now seem Hell bent on filling it up to hide their incompetence. I thought this country was Pro business, and that the government stance was to help business through the recession - this appears not to be happenning alarmingly.

it will be a terrible shame if this company is wound up but i belive over the coming weeks a lot more haulage companies will suffer a similar fate, it aint good out there

iv heard alot about s.walkers as the company i work for does alot on the walking floor work iv seen there drivers on a lot of jobs i go to but we will have to wit and see if they set up again