step chains

the 1’s that are fitted to the steps of this scania what is the purpose ?

they look alright just wondered the point in them ?

I think it’s for when you want to let the wife “tag” along■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t want her messing up the cab now eh :wink: :wink:

its an anti theft device you chain it to a lamp post. the picture was taken in liverpool and someones stolen the lamp post :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I could be totally wrong but didn’t some motors have mudflaps in front of the wheel and the chains were used to stop it rubbing on the tyre.

or it could be anti static thingy

i think it’s just some sort of bling, i expect he drives around with his fog lights on as well … when its not foggy. :unamused:

Are they an extension of those triangular seaside caravan stickers, teddy bears and comfort blankets? Normally seen with Spanish spears and dreamcatchers :stuck_out_tongue:

It was him who drove across my garden, cant be a static thing, they are plastic! :unamused:

i think they are used to measure the ground clearence at the front of the truck when they are in the woods

Koop:
It was him who drove across my garden, cant be a static thing, they are plastic! :unamused:

those rubber things people just to fit to their cars to get rid of static was actually rubber so they could be

I was always led to belive they were there so u could tell when front axle was overweight the chains would be touching floor but if none of the trucknet veterans above think this im now in two minds lol

Oh, can’t you see how COOL it is? :unamused:

hi, i think they are snow chains for the front wheels :exclamation: could be wrong though, :slight_smile:

Funny this been up i arrived in my yard this morning to see a driver has put some on his WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON lol new fashion craze? maybe if you flick your unit the plastic chain swings when vosa pull along side they come off and jam in thier wheels stopping them and leaving you to truck along merrily? Really if its for touching kerbs they are pointless because you’d never hear them scrape over the engine noise?

They look rigid, slightly pointing to the side in the picture■■? :open_mouth: Maybe its just my eyes :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

:bulb: Maybe its so he can be pulled out easily in the forests? :open_mouth: Although scrap that idea if they are plastic■■?

I saw it all ten years ago… It seems that Eastern Europe sets trends here now.

Next thing you’ll see is the blue led lights in the screenwash sprinlkers, I tell you :slight_smile:

orys:

Next thing you’ll see is the blue led lights in the screenwash sprinlkers, I tell you :slight_smile:

Good idea that :wink: :laughing:

orys:

Cant see myself wearing flip flops, dirty white socks with fake Adidas traccy bottoms tbh :laughing:

orys:

The French used to do it 25yrs ago, it’s just another load of tat that people feel the need to stick on their lorries, don’t get it myself, chrome & lights, oh yeah, but silly bits of plastic, no. It would seem that some people have no idea where to stop, all that kind of crap is the trucking equivalent of stone cladding :open_mouth:

It’s like the bull fighting sticks & fans, if you’re doing Spain & you bought them in Spain, then maybe, but you can buy them in West Thurrock FFS :unamused:

Suedehead:

orys:

Cant see myself wearing flip flops, dirty white socks with fake Adidas traccy bottoms tbh :laughing:

I get that. You prefere cheap sport shoes, dirty frotte socks from tesco and fake Lacosta? :wink: