Steetley /redland /lafarge

first day on the road for R543YEE at Pelicans

Lafarge take over and a white wash results lol

im doin my best looking for pics , i use t run for steetley , redland and lafarge
the leyland was an old steetley truck run by spenco of spennymoor

Hi cranedog when you worked for steetley what kind of lorry did you drive,i remember them coming in to butlers quarry at stainton with s36 fodens.paul.

paul motyka:
Hi cranedog when you worked for steetley what kind of lorry did you drive,i remember them coming in to butlers quarry at stainton with s36 fodens.paul.

hi i used to drive 4000 series eight wheelers for steetley construction out of thrislington ,kiplin hall and tadcaster when i first passed my test , s36’s were before my time

cranedog:
im doin my best looking for pics , i use t run for steetley , redland and lafarge

cant remember where i found this picture :question:

drewster:

Its one of mine mate, used to run out of Huntingdon plant.

Cheers
Mark

transportphotos.com/road/photos (Bob Hobbs collection)
VS01376.jpg

roadcommander2:

drewster:

Its one of mine mate, used to run out of Huntingdon plant.

Cheers
Mark

its a great picture mark,you must have taken it years ago cos its been on my computer for ages, :question:

Thanks Drewster, I reckon I must have taken the pic at least 15 years ago.
Time flies, just wish I had taken a few more back then!

Cheers
Mark

newish lafarge mixer

Llynclys

volvo fl 10

steetley foden

$(KGrHqYOKjwE45YkuRNeBO(TbQh)+Q~~60_12.jpg

this a photo (posted elsewhere)of my old Octopus :smiley:

above photo of my old Octopus taken in Mountsorrel quarry,stockground up phase 1,past the magazine for anyone who is familiar with Buddon Wood.i worked out of 'sorrel from 7/4/86 to 3/6/05.happy daze :smiley:

Here’s one for you with a yard full of Constructor’s in the background from Redlands Mountsorrel

image.jpg

Some of those Steetley Foden 8 wheel tippers ended up being used by Loncliffe Quarries i think the reg nos were E ending in OWT they recently cut the body of one.

This is a pic of my Dad on the right with his truck,he worked for Deniffs then Steetley Deniffs out of Sheffield then Manby Rd Immingham when he and my mum moved in around 1966.