STEERING WHEEL KNOBS

ROG:

If you do use the push pull method it slows your driving down anyway

I disagree - using pull/push correctly is as fast and under more control than any other method - I proved this on a skid pan :exclamation: :exclamation:

that might be the case for you rog but i find it slows my driving down so is a lot safer, in my eyes anyway. everyone is different.

steering knobs are still a waste of money though, i was thinking about buying one until i drove a wagon with one in (just around a yard) and it was a bigger pain in the arse than piles

Giblsa:

ROG:

If you do use the push pull method it slows your driving down anyway

I disagree - using pull/push correctly is as fast and under more control than any other method - I proved this on a skid pan :exclamation: :exclamation:

that might be the case for you rog but i find it slows my driving down so is a lot safer, in my eyes anyway. everyone is different.

It does take some practice and the trick is being able to utilise the whole of the steering wheel with the arms always being kept level :slight_smile:
It becomes ‘natural’ after doing it for about a month for a car driver and about a week for a trucker.

Giblsa:
until i drove a wagon with one in (just around a yard) and it was a bigger pain in the arse than piles

How come it was a pain in the arse? it hurt my hands…may be it’s best if you dont explain :exclamation: :question: , sorry. :laughing: :exclamation:

End of the day suppose everyone has their own views, some like and use the knobs, some dont, case of whatever floats your boat. :smiley: :smiley:

Giblsa:
steering knobs are still a waste of money though, i was thinking about buying one until i drove a wagon with one in (just around a yard) and it was a bigger pain in the arse than piles

maybe I should have re-read that bit! oops :blush: :blush:

Giblsa:

Giblsa:

I’ve got this vision of you sitting the wrong way around and using your backside to steer the truck now :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Giblsa:

Giblsa:

I’ve got this vision of you sitting the wrong way around and using your backside to steer the truck now :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steer left and clench…turn right and clench… :laughing: :unamused: :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation:

i wouldnt be able to do that rog, if you saw the size of my arse you would understand.

im going to stop posting in here as the hole i am digging is getting bigger and deeper! :blush: :blush:

Giblsa:
i wouldnt be able to do that rog, if you saw the size of my arse you would understand.

im going to stop posting in here as the hole i am digging is getting bigger and deeper! :blush: :blush:

You did it again :laughing: :laughing:

Those knobs are a bloody nuisance; not only do they damage the steering wheel, they’re capable of dishing out a nasty crack on the elbow if you try to drive “normally” when one is fitted.

One of our drivers has one on an ERF ECS, I refuse to drive the ■■■■ thing; pity 'cos it’s a nice truck.

Then again he’s not the most popular bloke on the fleet, general consensus is that when he’s driving there are TWO knobs on the steering wheel! :laughing:

They’re only for posers and lazy buggers.

Great on forklift trucks,LEAVE THEM THERE!

bestbooties:
Great on forklift trucks,LEAVE THEM THERE!

yes forklifts i agree as they have small steering wheels and the knob is then practical as your always turning/manouvering etc. I use one sometimes. but its on other vehicles that i dont like them.

If there was one in any truck I had to drive, my first job would be to take it off and put it in the skip with the magic trees, furry dice and spanish spears :stuck_out_tongue:

Steering Knobs

Ask yourself a simple question ?

Why do you palm the wheel or cross your hands …or use a steering knob ?

Because when you go round a corner you are going to fast …

When you palm the wheel or cross your hands or use steering knob are you in control of the vehicle.

Leave the steering knob on vehicles they are designed for ( fork lifts )

Unless you drive a draw bar ( a frame ) then use a clip on steering knob and remove it when driving forward

kindle530:
Ive met quite a few steering wheel knobs in my time.

So you’ve met my mate ROB? :wink:

MR VAIN:

kindle530:
Ive met quite a few steering wheel knobs in my time.

So you’ve met my mate ROB? :wink:

OH - never mind… It’s a B, I thought it was a G :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bet the drivers that use these steerings knobs are also the clowns that drive around in hi viz vests.
TAKE THEM OFF!

The drivers that have them usually have tassled curtains and a few hundred lights on their trucks.

Say no more.

i will put my hands up have one fitted, i dont tend to us it when driving on road but find it great for manovering off road and as i do a lot of farm delieveries and tight access tips helps me. if they are fitted correctly they shouldn’t damage the wheel :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jammymutt:
The drivers that have them usually have tassled curtains and a few hundred lights on their trucks.

Say no more.

Oh how i wish that could be a reality.

MR VAIN:

jammymutt:

Say no more.

Oh how i wish that could be a reality.

The knob on the wheel :blush: or the curtains to hide the fact that your knob is on the wheel :blush: :blush: :blush: