Steering knobs

Hello all,

I was told by a HGV instructor that steering wheel knobs have been made illegal in trucks. Does anyone know if this is true?

That’s me out of a job. :wink:

Think the only knob is your instructor plus 3/4 of the driving poulation!!!

They’re illegal in my trucks, I can’t stand the damned things. not only do they get in the way, they ruin the steering wheell too!

Tramper:
They’re illegal in my trucks, I can’t stand the damned things. not only do they get in the way, they ruin the steering wheell too!

Does that mean that your drivers are not allowed to put one on then■■? :smiley:

:slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

tramper wrote Think the only knob is your instructor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MAD28:

yes, no knobs, either on or behind the wheel :wink:

Tramper:

MAD28:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

Dont know but are they Gay too■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bones:
Dont know but are they Gay too■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are they bones :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

only if you sit on them

Would you have to practise safe driving and use a condom? :confused:

Knob cuddling was called something else when I was at school.

Nothing wrong with palming it round — and that won’t wear your wrist out.

If you have an accident, that knob could hurt (no need to mention csa here!!!)

If they are not illegal, they should be :exclamation: How you can hold the wheel properly is beyond me :question: I think they are marvelous on shunters, but a damm hazard in road trucks :exclamation:

Best thing since sliced bread (not that I eat that muck!) for accurate reversing of vehicles with trailers, especially drawbars. Mind you I always have mine at the 7 o’clock position, not the usual 2, because I only use mine for reversing. Well out of the way and I never even noticed it when driving forward.

Last year the greyhound tripped me up and for a couple of months I had the sorest non-broken shoulder ever. Couldn’t use the left arm effectively so I fixed my old truck knob to the car for the duration. Got so used to it never bothered to take it off again, and it’s excellent for reversing the trailer and caravan precisely.

Salut, David.

Tramper:

MAD28:

so you just have women or eunichs working for you? lol :open_mouth:

if thay aint illegal they should be… i was at Argos one day and saw this kid ( he looked about 18) reverse without too much fuss his A frame drag onto a bay he didnt have a knob

Spardo:
especially drawbars

■■■■ right there … when my old drawbar was replaced with a new drawbar i negelected to take the knob off and boy … reversing it was that just bit harder without a knob … gotta react quick with the steering on a draw bar whilst reversing , in forward motion it was pia and in the way a bit …i was thinking i just wish someone could just pop my knob off for me :laughing: :laughing:

Cattleman:
so you just have women or eunichs working for you? lol :open_mouth:

They’ve got to be eunichs then, or the uglyiest hairy ar*ed women I’ve ever seen! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: Isn’t it something about - disabled use only. ■■ :confused: