Steering knobs

wylie:
only if you sit on them

lmao yeah ! :laughing:

I personally dont like them and think they get in the way

one of our lads has one fitted in his rigid. i hate it. i wont use it and it keeps battering my wrist when i steer :imp:

i cant stand them i,ve taken them off other motors when had to take them out. ever since i broke my thumb when i jackknifed about 5 year ago nasty things

Tramper:

Cattleman:
so you just have women or eunichs working for you? lol :open_mouth:

They’ve got to be eunichs then, or the uglyiest hairy ar*ed women I’ve ever seen! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats ladies in comfortable shoes tramper pmsl

this thread is really tickling me with all the knob talk

small things please small minds eh? :open_mouth:

thats no reference to my hubby before you lot start :laughing:

mrs c

Driv3r:
Hello all,

I was told by a HGV instructor that steering wheel knobs have been made illegal in trucks. Does anyone know if this is true?

My truck went in for MOT 4 weeks ago and the fitter removed my knob :open_mouth: before taking it in. I have not bothered to refit it since, felt odd to start with but now its staying off :unamused:

Dont think they’re illegal as such.
Although you’re supposed to keep two hands on the wheel all the time with a few obvious exceptions (gearchange etc)

Technically you could be done for not maintaining propper control of the vehicle. But you’d have to be drifting all over the road or something to be pulled for it.

Playing with you knob while driving would probably get you done for public indecency or lewd conduct. :laughing:

Martin:

Driv3r:
Hello all,

I was told by a HGV instructor that steering wheel knobs have been made illegal in trucks. Does anyone know if this is true?

My truck went in for MOT 4 weeks ago and the fitter removed my knob :open_mouth: before taking it in. I have not bothered to refit it since, felt odd to start with but now its staying off :unamused:

so you dont miss it being in your hand at all?

fnarr fnarr

I think they’re brilliant and make steering much easier meself :confused: , especially on doughnuts. Even better when it comes to reversing. I’m sure JD will agree with me that the DAF CF’s are (for some reason) more difficult to reverse than other makes and you can just fly it on a bay with a spakka knob.

scanny77:
one of our lads has one fitted in his rigid.

So he has a rigid knob then?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i can remember when i landed my first class1 job and some old boy in the yard saw me fitting one in to my truck and came over to tell me they are good until you have a blow out or hit a kerb, then you have a chance of getting your wrists broken i heeded his advice and havent used one since.

jammymutt:
i can remember when i landed my first class1 job and some old boy in the yard saw me fitting one in to my truck and came over to tell me they are good until you have a blow out or hit a kerb, then you have a chance of getting your wrists broken i heeded his advice and havent used one since.

As most people drive with either fingers or hands dangling within the spokes you’re going to break something anyway in such extreme circumstances. Did this ‘old boy’ smoke by any chance? Far more dangerous :wink: .

From another ‘old boy’.

Salut, David.

Can you break your wrists by smoking??, thats a good enough reqason for me to stop… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

jammymutt:
Can you break your wrists by smoking??, thats a good enough reqason for me to stop… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

No, smoking doesn’t cause broken wrists, but if Golden Brown catches you smoking snide ■■■■, he’ll sent the boys round!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tramper:
They’re illegal in my trucks, I can’t stand the damned things. not only do they get in the way, they ruin the steering wheell too!

Total agreement with you on that one, the [zb] who drove the truck i’ve got now, left his “knob” on the wheel {i know what i’ve written}, went to remove it but put it back on as the marks on the wheel were worse. Got a new motor coming 1st week in august there wont be any knobs going anywhere near that steering wheel :wink:

so you dont miss it being in your hand at all?

fnarr fnarr
[/quote]

True, I do miss having something so hard in my hand, so I just smoke more ■■■■…