Starting up new In haulage

A good thing to remember is it not what the total revenue is its what it costs you to earn that 2 k a week is crap if tour burning 800 to 900 litres to earn it
I’ve been an od for 4 n a bit years now so I’m not gona say who’s right and who’s wrong and weather container haulage pays or not its all down to simple maths really if you think you can run a truck on 1pound and a few pence a mile go for it
If this subbie deal that there offering and various other container firms are offering why arnt people queuing up at the door for the work ?
This country’s on its ■■■ my advice would be to move to a town where there’s plenty of rdcs ie m Keynes Swindon register wiv lots of agency’s be flexible in the days shifts hours you work and you’ll be clearing at least a monkey in your bank a week
However if you fancy the od thing to live this dream where all living running trucks on the open road that’s Anva story I guess it’s a bit like choosing a women do you go wiv your heart or your head anyway that’s enuff of me rambling s on got to go as this 90 degree heat here in Cyrpus by my Private villa is getting to much I’m off to get a nice cold can out my well stocked fridge hard life being an od

Well, I thought it was Rob on a wind up to begin with but being kin from the homeland explains the dem’s, der’s & dat’s.

Know to the yolk of it. You have to be off you ■■■■ to pull for Maritime or Wincanton or all the other parasites trying to drink your blood at £1.20-£1.30 odd.

There are a very small proportion of people doing traction on decent money but the only way to make good money at it is by getting your own trailer and running out one way for a local company & sourcing your own reloads from a different customer or back loading from another haulier if you have the initial primary rate right. This is far from easy to get right.

Where are you based anyway?

Subbie wrote:
dem den dat dey
To all the robs n guys puzzled by these words will try to stick to straight English.

We are based in Leeds n they have a depot there where we will be working from.
Its shocking reading all the comments on here how anyone can make money from maritime and yet they still have hundreds of owner drivers working for them.

I don’t think is a case weather you can make money from them because you can I think it’s a case of time all the associated costs of running a 44t truck on there milage rates is there really enuf money left for yourself the operated as a wage
Yes there’s hundreds of subbie s pulling for them but there’s also hundreds of people down the bookies every day is tat a safe bet ?

Subbie:

Angus25:
Don’t do it you can make a profit but it won’t be much over the summer the work is good but November to march is rubbish we ran at a loss but that why we left them they promise the world but you get nothing

This is one of the points I put across to their resource manager and he promised to make me over 2k a week with guaranteed work given I buy a truck from dem with their buy with work. I looked at few of their trucks an dey are ridiculously over priced.

And if my truck is parked up for dat week then I quote his exact words were " we will pay you out our own pocket" so that’s wat made me think its a good deal. Will be going to see Tom in a few weeks to talk more in details[/quot

its hard to read your posts ■■? I take it you mean they when you say dey, and them when you say dem ? and by the way did there lips move when maritime were talking to you because if they did that’s how you can tell there lieing , and it would help if you were fluent in polish or Albanian …

ricardo62:

Subbie:

Angus25:
Don’t do it you can make a profit but it won’t be much over the summer the work is good but November to march is rubbish we ran at a loss but that why we left them they promise the world but you get nothing

This is one of the points I put across to their resource manager and he promised to make me over 2k a week with guaranteed work given I buy a truck from dem with their buy with work. I looked at few of their trucks an dey are ridiculously over priced.

And if my truck is parked up for dat week then I quote his exact words were " we will pay you out our own pocket" so that’s wat made me think its a good deal. Will be going to see Tom in a few weeks to talk more in details[/quot

its hard to read your posts ■■? I take it you mean they when you say dey, and them when you say dem ? and by the way did there lips move when maritime were talking to you because if they did that’s how you can tell there lieing , and it would help if you were fluent in polish or Albanian …

why would that be then?

ricardo62:

It’s hard to read your posts when you write “there” when you mean “their” or “they’re”, and when you write “lieing” when you mean “lying” :wink:

ricardo62:

Subbie:

Angus25:

I take it you mean lying :smiley:

You can pull a wage I’m sure pulling for Maritime or Wincanton but it really isn’t cricket to just be pulling a half decent wage from running your own truck.

I suppose it all boils down to If you’re unit is paid for then you can pull a good wage & if it isn’t you can’t. Good luck replacing it though on this business model.

Depends on your circumstances really, these firms profit and thrive on exploitation of subbies Plain and simple, that is business though & they’re just feeding off blokes desperation. This route should be your last option explored.

Diesel cost is also 73p per mile based on 44 tonne work at 7.5 mpg & £1.13p per litre. If you’re running light and getting 9mpg it’s about 60p per mile.

Bear that in mind with how many miles you’d need to do in a day when they offer you £1.30 per mile.

Diesel cost is also 73p per mile based on 44 tonne work at 7.5 mpg & £1.13p per litre. If you’re running light and getting 9mpg it’s about 60p per mile.

Bear that in mind with how many miles you’d need to do in a day when they offer you £1.30 per mile.

The 7.5 mpg thing is what I base my fuel costs on
The other thing people need to remember with the subbie deals is they will also charge you for the pivalidge of pulling there trailers around 90 niker a week I beleave
Do you ever see good jobs advertised in the job centre ?
So these nice glossy adverts in the back of truck mags are of the same I’llk
Maritime are a buisness plane and simple and all businesses want is profit
I just think there trying to ■■■■ people in on the dream of being your own boss n cruising the open road when in reality your be stuck queuing in ■■■■■ liners at sarfampton for hours n not Earning a cent for it
The other thing you will find is a lot of there so called planners couldn’t run a bath let alone a 44t truck properly

Subbie:
After looking at the figures given by maritime der is good profit to be made. Havin spoken to Tom cole at maritime he is willing To offer guaranteed wrk.

Id buy a new calculator if i was you.

You could buy a new merc for £300 a week and give your self a wage of £650 then fuel the thing for £1000 that’s £1950 with out maintance ect maritime is called the £1800 club for one reson ah yes trailer hire was for me in feb £120 I could of got my own for less but drop and swops changed my mind did they tell you if you drop a trailer and say a maritime driver picks it up and damages it but says it was like that to start with you get a bill same for tyres look at the very small print

you can tell there lieing , and it would help if you were fluent in polish or Albanian …

Dnt think your best equipped to correct my grammar when clearly you mean lying rather than lieing
Evan if I did speak them languages which I don’t as I’m not from there what good would that be to you won’t understand a word if your not dat origin yourself

just what country are we in here please …

I don’t see how you can lecture me on English using words like lieng clearly you meant lying.
Can we jus get back to topic this is not a English lecture lol

That is a good point made And this gentlemen is correcting me on my grammar yeh right.

Having been on this forum it has opened my eyes
Jus a quick question how many litres diesel would you use on a week of tramping work not looking for exact figure rather an estimate so I can figure the profit loss account.

Cheer guys an its like becoming a English lecture on here with some ppl

It can vary on a heavy week to Cornwall 1300 on a dead week 800