starting my C

well after a good year or so of thinking about if i should or not ive finaly booked to do my C starting on the 30th of april at DAC in rotherham after somebody i worked with recently did his c and c+e with them, they seem a realy good bunch of people after spending a good hour or so talking some driving related some random stuff aswell. Hoping that once i pass il be booking my c+e with them, then am going to try get a transfer to morrisons at j41 from the store i work at at the minute to gain some experience.

Just woundering if any hints or tips that realy stand out as most important stuff, i must have been threw 99% of the posts on here anyway but no harm in getting as many tips as possible :slight_smile:
thanks

Andy welcome and good luck for your cat c training.

Welcome Andy.

Listen to your instructor. Teaching students is what they do day in, day out.

Slow everything right down coming up to junctions and roundabouts. Remember potentially you are fully loaded with tonnes of weight which can take an eternity to stop.

The examiner is looking for a safe clean drive. Check mirrors as much as you are looking forwards. Always check blind spots before pulling away from stationery.

Anything you don’t understand, let the trainer know, and they should find a different way to explain or should take the time to show you.

Also we are a friendly bunch on here, so any questions… fire away. I am sure someone will give you an answer. There are a couple of trainers that regularly appear on here and usually willing to add their professional opinion.

I’m sure there are other things I haven’t covered but they are the main ones.

Best of luck.

Hi Andy,

Good luck with the training and test, best advice i can give after recently doing mine is constantly check your mirrors, and its no good sitting there moving your eyes, ajust the mirrors slightly so you have to turn your head and make sure you exagerate the movements, honestly you cannot check your mirrors enough but make sure its seen.

Madguy. :imp:

dar1976:
Welcome Andy.

Listen to your instructor. Teaching students is what they do day in, day out.

Slow everything right down coming up to junctions and roundabouts. Remember potentially you are fully loaded with tonnes of weight which can take an eternity to stop.

The examiner is looking for a safe clean drive. Check mirrors as much as you are looking forwards. Always check blind spots before pulling away from stationery.

Anything you don’t understand, let the trainer know, and they should find a different way to explain or should take the time to show you.

Also we are a friendly bunch on here, so any questions… fire away. I am sure someone will give you an answer. There are a couple of trainers that regularly appear on here and usually willing to add their professional opinion.

I’m sure there are other things I haven’t covered but they are the main ones.

Best of luck.

All I can add Andy is welcome and just to try and relax and enjoy the experience :open_mouth: .

Just about everyone on here has gone through what your going through, and we’re still here to tell the tale :laughing: :laughing: .

Keep us posted as to how you get on and the best of luck to you.

cheers everyone so basicaly just careful but not over careful and lots of checking around sounds alot like when i did my motorbike test, i think main thing il be worried about is the length and buggerin up gears, when ive been behind wagons ive been watching best i can where they turn at junctions and roundabouts and try to drive car like i would that in corners and stuff.

Good luck fella and +1 to all advice above I remember when I did my class 2 by the end of the week had a bruise on my forehead where I kept hitting the window whilst checking the blind spot but at least they knew I was checking as even when wernt looking at me heard the thud :laughing:

jx

:laughing: nice 1 Jen, good luck andy.

andyb88:
cheers everyone so basicaly just careful but not over careful and lots of checking around sounds alot like when i did my motorbike test, i think main thing il be worried about is the length and buggerin up gears, when ive been behind wagons ive been watching best i can where they turn at junctions and roundabouts and try to drive car like i would that in corners and stuff.

Careful but not over careful was how I went about it. I soon found I still wasn’t being careful enough until I started being REALLY careful. :slight_smile:

The length, width and gears will all come to you. The thing I had most trouble with was overcoming all the bad habits I had accumulated over the years.

As previously said: Listen to your instructor and ask questions to be sure you understand.
Oh yes, and mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. :slight_smile:
Get out there and enjoy yourself - it will all come together for you.

Alan

well the fun starts tomor at 12:30 startin to get rather nervous bowt it all now
just hope i dnt mess up, suppose il be ok once i start then just friday to get my head round doubt il be getting much sleep this week

Remember that it is not a "Russian " gear box

My CE has been cancelled this week due to the examiner taken ill have to wait till my instructor calls DSA in mor then me to see what is happening

Dont be nervous listen practice listen again relax & enjoy

most importantly, relax, take your time & dont get stressed.

thats crap, cudent they just bring another one in?
it happend on my bike test, ended up with him followin me in a car because he dident ave a bike licence dunno if they could do same for c+e though

andyb88:
thats crap, cudent they just bring another one in?
it happend on my bike test, ended up with him followin me in a car because he dident ave a bike licence dunno if they could do same for c+e though

Not quite that easy but it will be sorted for another day so not worried oh & my bike test he stood at side of road & watched me go round the block :wink:

lol old timer am guessin? like a bloke at work 3left turns and emergency stop and he passed. mine ment to be 40mins but he got lost and ended up just over a hour lol

same here, once round the block and emergency stop :smiley:

andyb88:
lol old timer am guessin? like a bloke at work 3left turns and emergency stop and he passed. mine ment to be 40mins but he got lost and ended up just over a hour lol

Less of the old young man ( never say a lady is old :laughing: )

well lets say well aged :slight_smile:

My CE has been cancelled this week due to the examiner taken ill

Sorry to hear that. But LGV tests take priority so dont be surprised if they find another examiner as they will often take a suitably qualified examiner off other work to cover LGV.

So fingers crossed!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck this week it will all come together by fri above all enjoy it ,

Ang talk about bad luck hope you dont have to wait too long fingers crossed

jx