starting c+e

And if it’s raining or bitterly cold the reverse and coupling flies by as the examiners hate getting cold or wet lol

Tazbug:
found the 4 over 4 with splitter somewhat interesting compared to the slap over

As Peter Smythe has posted several times, it’s far more likely to be range change rather than splitter in a training vehicle.

On a 4 over 4 range change box, you move the collar or switch to move between gears 1-4 and gears 5-8.

A splitter gives you a ‘half gear’ in between the main ratios. Say you were in third low, you move the splitter switch and dip the clutch - you’d now be in third high, which is essentially ‘third and a half’ gear. A four speed box with a splitter but no range change would be much less straightforward than a range change box, as once you’re above 20mph or so, you can forget all about the bottom four gears in the box…

Sometimes you find a 4 over 4 box with both range change and splitter. I’ve heard different techniques suggested for getting the most from such a box, but the important thing is that you only need to worry about the splitter in the higher gears.

That also is a positive for using WnD. You don’t have to relearn the gearbox.

am using artic and its a 4over4 like on my class c so made that easier because i was already used to it

well its test day and am seriously nervus about it now, think long as i can keep my cool i should be ok and i hope i dont get the same examiner i had for my C because he just made me even more nervus by not talking at all apart from giving directions, suppose come 3:30 il know one way or other just hope to god i pull it off and get a pass :slight_smile: would be great to pass both first time :slight_smile:

Best of luck for today. We are all rooting for you :slight_smile:

All the very for today, fingers crossed for you.

Yes djw, I meant 4 over 4 with a range change. The unit does have a splitter as well but trainer said we wouldn’t be using that on the course or test as it wasn’t necessary…good fun having the opportunity to play with it though :smiley:

tazbug

well got to test center at 1:30 ready for 2 test and at 1:45 went into room to wait for test then got told they have gone on strike and wont be doing any more tests then went back in the office locked door and refused to answer, so got to wait see when i can get a test now so full week off work wasted and looking like it will be somtime middle of july when they can fit me in for another test

andyb88:
well got to test center at 1:30 ready for 2 test and at 1:45 went into room to wait for test then got told they have gone on strike and wont be doing any more tests then went back in the office locked door and refused to answer, so got to wait see when i can get a test now so full week off work wasted and looking like it will be somtime middle of july when they can fit me in for another test

That is extremely unfair mate.

Hope it all works out for you

got to get another test booked then try to get time off work if not will be a sick call to work, whats worse is the examiner isent in a union so surely this would be a strike thats ilegal :confused:

after a weeks training and gearing yourself up thats a really ■■■■ thing to happen , will you take somemore training before next test or just take the test, they should pay for a days training as compensation , bloody hell i would be gutted, so sorry for you ,

al the best for getting a retest and we will hold the congratulations till then :wink:

good luck

jen x

not sure got to nipp over monday when gaffer is back see what he can sort out for me

Thats a really ■■■■ thing to happen. Make sure they pay for any other training and the test fee because you done everything right by turning up and they have inconvenienced you. Had a simialr situation for my first CE test, got abandoned half way through because the rhs indicator on the unit decided to stop working so test was cut short. My trainer paid for extra training and the restest. Hope you get something sorted soon.

I do recall seeing in the news recently that certain civil service unions had announced a day of action and were planning to strike over the pension reforms. Didn’t realise it was today though.

Your examiner would probably be a member of the PCS union hence out on strike.

A few years back, when I was teaching learner car drivers I had a pupil who had her test cancelled as we arrived at the test centre because the examiner was sick. The DSA gave her a free re-test and paid for the 2 hour lesson she had with me prior to her test. It will defo be worth you making a claim against the DSA for whatever you can get back…after all, a weeks LGV training ain’t cheap now is it! :open_mouth:

Really sorry for you mate, all the best for next time

Tazbug

do you know how to claim something?
and no there is 3 examiners that are in the union and others arnt they had been doin tests all day then canceled the last test of the day, nothing to do with it been a friday and england match on.

Sounds like you’ve got a claim there mate. My pupil got in touch with DSA, they sent her the forms, I had to sign to confirm her expense with me on the day, I assume your trainer will need to do the same. I guess you should be able to get at least the days training back…worth pushing for a couple of days though seeing as you were on an intensive course and had taken time off work to do it!

djw may have a handle on the legal side of things :wink:

It does stink that they were conducting tests all day then cancelled the last one, especially seeing as England are kicking off as I write this…and its 20:01 :imp:

Tazbug

think i will give them a ring monday then see wot they say, they carnt denny it either because from same training place had a c+e test that mornin and passed so they carnt denny it.
thanks for that :slight_smile:

Best of luck mate…i’m a civil servant and i hate myself when i read of innocent people being treated like ra in this way :cry:

Tazbug

cheers just cudent believe it when they said they were canceling the tests so now ive got to go threw all the stress again

Hang in there. As I recall my pupil got her re-test within a week or so…might be trickier with C+E though :open_mouth:

if yours is after 5th July…then its me next :confused:

Tazbug