Started my cat C training

Hi all,
Had my first days training on thursday.Got to the training center all eager and a touch apprehensive as ive only ever driven a car.
Went into the office,met my trainer and was introduced to the lorry…hmm that IS rather large isnt it!!, butterflies are out of season now but tell that to my stomach :slight_smile:.I must have looked a bit peaky because my trainer told me not to worry it does seem daunting at first but ill soon get the hang of it, hes obviously a glass is half full type of guy;).
Post could get overly long so ill cut to the chase;)..first day wasnt too bad, didnt expect to get trucker of the year quite yet anyways;) struggled with the range changing and managed to knock the back cover off of the n/s wing mirror on the A27 on a narrow bit(seemed narrow to me anyway) when i moved in a bit to avoid an oncoming arctic.This tree limb was poking out a bit too much and lucky me managed to find it!. We went back later to try n find the cover, we found it and half a dozen others lol.

Day2 friday5th.
Arrived at the center 8am in good spirits, finished at 6 needing spirits, doubles preferably!!.
What a nightmare, managed to mount a kirb, find reverse instead of 2nd gear at traffic lights(thank god the car behind left space!) and stalled twice. i know part of my problem is trying to rush things too much, tend to think im holding everyone up which is daft i know. And i didnt see much improvement with my gear/range changing today either .
Finished the day stressed, tired and with a niggling doubt in my head weather i can do this after all.
Am i expecting too much after 8hrs training or should i be further along?.

:wink: i am sure it will come together, the trainer has seen it all before no doubt. i had the same problem i used to worry about being slow and what the car drivers were thinking about me behind, i used to hate getting the horn sounded at me when i wanted to go left but needed both lanes clear as i needed some of the opposite carriage way, they would sound the horn as they could see it clear from my right, but my instructor said ignore it they dont understand thats why they are not proffessional drivers and i will be, good advice i thought. stick with it, on the artic i couldnt get it in the box 1st time :open_mouth: till the day before my test!!!

degsy:
Am i expecting too much after 8hrs training or should i be further along?.

Sounds about right to me :slight_smile:

Thanks Don and Rog, i hope i will make a more positive post after mondays training :slight_smile:

it didnt come together for me untill the day before my test and even then i was still making mistakes.

Dont worry about it. you will be fine.

Cheers talisman,
just finished day3 and it was 100% better :smiley: . starting to get it together today, slowed everything down and found getting the right line,speed and gear much more comfortable. :smiley: :smiley:

degsy:
just finished day3 and it was 100% better :smiley: . starting to get it together today, slowed everything down and found getting the right line,speed and gear much more comfortable. :smiley: :smiley:

You are at the same point that my 2 trainees are on day 3 - odd ■■■■-up but generally it’s coming together.

Christ this weeks gone quick! test tomorow at 08.45, hope my examiners a morning person lol. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

all the best mate, hope it goes well for you.

good luck

Good luck, and take it easy.

Thanks for the support :slight_smile: . Just got back from the test and i passed with 7 minors phew!!. :smiley:
now im off to do the HIAB then find some work.

hey well done that man :laughing: . 7 minors is the average they reckon, but hey a pass is a pass, good luck with your future carreer. :smiley:

:smiley: well done, an you thought you would never do it when you started this post!

donpablo:
:smiley: well done, an you thought you would never do it when you started this post!

One of my annoying traits that. When facing tests/exams i`m always pessimistic.
Will be the same with my class1 :wink:

degsy:
Just got back from the test and i passed with 7 minors phew!!. :smiley:

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done. :smiley: