Start my class 1 training on monday

well the time has come 700 hrs monday i start my class one not with a wag and drag but a arctic, thought it would be best as thats what i have always wanted 2 do its atkins in bradford passed first time with them on my class 2 i bet i dont on the class 1 but i will try my best any tips greatly welcome :laughing:

Good luck mate, sure you’ll be fine.

Good luck.

Good luck with it ! :slight_smile:
Atkins have a good reputation with training! :smiley:
Are you taking the test over in steeton?
Sure you,ll nail it!!
All the best!

yeh steeton i cant wait ! just to drive a arctic i did an assesment earliier in the year and i was surprised how well i did mind u that was forwards! lol im gonna really try my hardest cos its the one thing i really want to do ,i wont be happy till i get it i know it ! :slight_smile:

You’ll have read all the tips on how to pass the test, so I won’t repeat them :smiley: .

All the very best of luck Slackeye.

best of luck mate i hope all goes well for you,
you sound determined enough so im sure you will be fine.

good luck
lee

I get an extra hour in bed as I start my training at 8am :sunglasses:

lol u sparwy git! its ok cos after 8 the roads r very busy so i dont want to be sat in a jam,mind u i think i will be looking round the wagon and stuff for the first hour :laughing:

well day one spent most of the time doing the reverse exercise,my head was hurting after an hour! lol but i think or hope i get the hang of it got the trailer in the bay ok and worked out the marks on the rear trailer wheel mudgard so i get it in the marked area ok ,then did the uncoupling and recoupling exercise about 3 times seemed to be ok at it (see what im like on the test!) then out one the road for the last hour or so did ok but just touched a kerb! with the rear wheel of the trailer the instructer says" its good you did that ?" cos u will make sure u dont do it again!" which i hope is true . :open_mouth:

Hi give us a running commentary as you go along, i start my C+E next monday and i need to know what to expect :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck im sure you will do brill

what i ■■■■ day! reversing was ■■■■ ■■■■ and on the road i was bollocked lots too! in instructor even said ihe did not know how i passed my class 2! :blush:
i pulled out to early on a rounaboud on a car!,and i kept parking 2 close to cars at lights and traffic,also reversing is bad can do it better but sometimes i need a shunt ,one good thing is that i finish about 3 and the instructor lets me pracice the reverse on my own in a empty yard just as long has i lock up b4 i go home! :smiley:

wendsday

went ok but i was told off for been to hesitant,just at roundabouts mainly and still having problams with the reversing :confused:

thursday:
did a lot better today i am actually beliving if things go well i could pass and i also slotted it in without a shunt on the reversing exercise 3 times in a row :open_mouth: ,still a bit hesitent at roundabouts must sort it,my test is at 2pm on friday a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ time of day and a friday too! examiner said its not a bad thing cos i could be sat moving at 5mph around town but i bet its busy as hell :unamused:

friday 2 pm

first job was the braking exercise oppps skidded! :open_mouth: well not much and he did not mark it down wich was good, was told to drive around for the reversing exercise,started good then i lost sight of the cone of the bay in my o/s mirror! ■■■■ bit of left hand down got it sorted and got in the bay dead on got out and checked i was about 5 " off so i backed in spot on.
then i did the uncoupling exercise then a nice drive into friday peak time afternoon traffic! :slight_smile:
could not belive it it was mayham! it must off took about 30 min to move 2 miles! then i has the tight turns and traffic from schools and kids running about even a bus in the right hand lane i could get passed it but i waited ,anyway 10 mins later the examiner says"do you think you can wait all day?" :open_mouth: so i said ok i will try get passed so off i go 1 " from the bus i had to pull my wing mirror towards me so i did not hit his passed it! i thought ■■■■ i have failed so i carried on back to the test centre 2 bikes on the road and i was stuck behind then for ages i kept back checking my mirrors ,then the double lines in the middle of the road finished and a long straight came so i got past them ,back to the centre ,parked up i thought here goes ,skidding on the braking exercise and undue hestancy with the bus “congratulations you have passed” i was well shocked said thanks u are a star! then he said"well its wasnt good tho was it?" :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: i did not give a [zb] 8 minors says it was good enough :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Woohoo congratulations, you have done awesome, now go and have a good celebration beer :smiley:

well done, all the best for the future.

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I knew from the line about the reverse, where you “put it right” when it started to go wrong, that you were likely to say you passed. That tpye of calm thinking process is what the examiners are looking for, along with the knowledge of how to do it of course.

Nice one Jamie,

Congratulations mate,

Phil