Start class 2 lessons

Hi all, start my class 2 lessons 2moro at 8.30am. Will let you know how i get on. Looking forward to it now, been waiting for what seems like ages as i had my assesment drive about 8 weeks ago.

TIP - loose the rear view mirror in your car whilst training.
if not got already check these out; dsa.gov.uk/Documents/practic … GV_PCV.pdf
HAVE FUN and be :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE TRAINING,I DID MINE LAST WEEK,AND PASSED TEST THIS MONDAY! LOVED IT,INSTRUCTION WAS 2 TO 1,WHICH WORKED FOR ME,AND MADE A MATE,AT THE SAME TIME,
IF YOU HAVE A LISTENING & LEARNING NATURE,YOU WONT HAVE A PROBLEM!
EXPECT TO BE TIRED,THE CONCENTRATION YOU USE,DOESNT HALF ZAP YER,FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS,

ENJOY :smiley:

ROG:
TIP - loose the rear view mirror in your car whilst training.
if not got already check these out; dsa.gov.uk/Documents/practic … GV_PCV.pdf
HAVE FUN and be :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

agree with the above you dont need your rear view mirror, make sure you check your mirrors frequantly and watch out for road developments ahead as it takes a lot longer to stop and manouver. it will take a bit getting used to when driving the split gear box but it is nothing to be too concerned about… real driving starts once you pass your test and its you and the open road not knowing were you are going and other stuff you will learn on the way.

:smiley:

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Its is one to one training with me also which is good. Will let you know how my first day goes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

DAZ’LE:
BEST OF LUCK WITH THE TRAINING,I DID MINE LAST WEEK,AND PASSED TEST THIS MONDAY! LOVED IT,INSTRUCTION WAS 2 TO 1,WHICH WORKED FOR ME,AND MADE A MATE,AT THE SAME TIME,
EXPECT TO BE TIRED,THE CONCENTRATION YOU USE,DOESNT HALF ZAP YER,FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS,

And all you gotta learn now is not to leave your caps on :unamused: :wink:

DAZ’LE:

Hang on just read that through again instruction was 2 to 1■■?
You had 2 instructors teaching you!!! What at the same time? I cant see how that would be beneficial in any way whatsoever,
Oh i think maybe you meant 1 instructor to 2 students (which makes the instruction ratio 1 to 2) :wink:

Oh look Reef…You seem to have a new tag under your name… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

KingMonkey80:
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Its is one to one training with me also which is good. Will let you know how my first day goes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 to 1 sounds good in theory but when i was instructing, I found that trainees learnt faster with 2 to 1 as they not only had a rest from actual driving but learnt from the others errors whilst they were in a more relaxed state without the pressure of being the one at the wheel.
Tiredness played a big part for the trainee when teaching 1 to 1 and I found myself doing a number of commentary drives throughout the day.

Lucy:
Oh look Reef…You seem to have a new tag under your name… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

How longs that been there :question: :blush: :blush:

Of course its a name i shall endever to live upto :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

If you kick the beast dont be so surprised when it wakes up :wink:

Reef:
Of course its a name i shall endever to live upto

Once ive googled it to find out what it means :blush: :blush:

pedant. n. person making display of his or her learning; learned person paying excessive attention to details; precisian. pedantic, a. pedanticism,

Yep, Uhuh, ok… Thats about right then :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:

Oh good, that means I don’t need to do it any more. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Lucy:

Oh good, that means I don’t need to do it any more. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I learnt from the best mate :wink:

KingMonkey80:
Hi all, start my class 2 lessons 2moro at 8.30am. Will let you know how i get on. Looking forward to it now, been waiting for what seems like ages as i had my assesment drive about 8 weeks ago.

Best of luck with the training.
Be interested to hear what you think of the test routes.
Melrose, was a bit dodgy last month as they were single tracking part of the town centre.

Good luck with that trg mate, watchin close as i start mine on 18th May. Made the mistake myself of comin of the road 3 years ago (bus drivin for 10 years - not quite the same as Heavy goods i know but still one heck of a responsibility) as stupid Michael Schummacer type car drivers were doin my head in. Anyway you dont realize how good something is until its gone (or so they say) and the feeeling of driving a large vehicle with the skill and responsibility required is second to none (well maybe one, but you cant drive your wagon into the bedroom :open_mouth: ) Do yourself proud mate and the best of luck. Mirrors, mirrors and mirrors again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Good luck Elliot :sunglasses:

Thanks guys, well this is how it went. Started at 8.30, was feeling confident about it all. One of first things instructor says to me “when you got your licence at 17 you where given a lethal weapon, when you get your licence for this you are given a weapon of mass destruction”. How would you react to that, i laughed.

Anyway the day was very tiring and sometimes bloody annoying. I struggled to be honest, im confident driving the truck, it doesnt scare me. Theres just soooo much to remember to do.

One thing i did notice is that the driver side mirror blocked my view into junctions and roundabouts.

For the first hour or so he said i was rushing into hazards, roundabouts-juntions etc. So i quikly fixed that.

Anyway i have alot to learn, back to training on monday.

GSM the melrose road was fun with the road works :laughing:

I will let you all know how i get on.

Tobytyke, how did your medical go?