Start class 2 lessons

Doctor said i was fit as a fiddle mate, never seen a finer specimen of a man in 20 years :slight_smile:

I start mine on tuesday, all excited now :laughing: (mainly coz itā€™s 3 days off work).

I had same problem in that the driver blindspot mirror (above the main one) was blocking my view of cars coming round roundabouts, and in Telford, itā€™s all roundabouts. And I kept barrelling towards junctions and roundabouts at 30 and braking/changing gear at the last minute like I do in the van, think thatā€™s gonna be the main thing I gotta get out of the habit of.

KingMonkey80:
One of first things instructor says to me ā€œwhen you got your licence at 17 you where given a lethal weapon, when you get your licence for this you are given a weapon of mass destructionā€. How would you react to that, i laughed.

Sounds like youā€™ve got the new instructor,think heā€™s an ex cop.

Kiowan:
I start mine on tuesday, all excited now :laughing: (mainly coz itā€™s 3 days off work).

I had same problem in that the driver blindspot mirror (above the main one) was blocking my view of cars coming round roundabouts, and in Telford, itā€™s all roundabouts. And I kept barrelling towards junctions and roundabouts at 30 and braking/changing gear at the last minute like I do in the van, think thatā€™s gonna be the main thing I gotta get out of the habit of.

Your instructor will teach you how to slow to about 20 well before the hazard and engage a ā€œcovering gearā€ which will then allow you to approch in a flexible gear quite early on and will give you TIME to assess the situation.

ROG:

KingMonkey80:
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Its is one to one training with me also which is good. Will let you know how my first day goes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 to 1 sounds good in theory but when i was instructing, I found that trainees learnt faster with 2 to 1 as they not only had a rest from actual driving but learnt from the others errors whilst they were in a more relaxed state without the pressure of being the one at the wheel.
Tiredness played a big part for the trainee when teaching 1 to 1 and I found myself doing a number of commentary drives throughout the day.

Same here.

1 to 1 ainā€™t all itā€™s cracked-up to be. It suits some but not the majority.

ROG:
1 to 1 sounds good in theory but when i was instructing, I found that trainees learnt faster with 2 to 1 as they not only had a rest from actual driving but learnt from the others errors whilst they were in a more relaxed state without the pressure of being the one at the wheel.
Tiredness played a big part for the trainee when teaching 1 to 1 and I found myself doing a number of commentary drives throughout the day.

You know what ROG for once you actually make sense :wink:
I agree 100% :sunglasses:

Reef:

I must be slipping :wink: :slight_smile:

ROG:

Reef:

I must be slipping :wink: :slight_smile:

No worries mate we all have off days :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the training King Monkey.
I passed my c cat a couple of weeks ago first time and its a good feeling.
I know what you meen about the mirrors though.During my training I was ready to pull out but my instructor shouted to wait.The reason ? I hadnt seen a car coming from my left as it was hidden behind the huge mirrors.You have to remember to look around your mirrors-Iā€™ll certainly not make the same mistake again but thats what training is all about.
I did 2trainees to 1 instructor which i found good as i found it pretty tiring and concentration tends to go awol after an hour or so.
Best of luck with your test. :smiley:

KingMonkey80:
Hi all, start my class 2 lessons 2moro at 8.30am. Will let you know how i get on. Looking forward to it now, been waiting for what seems like ages as i had my assesment drive about 8 weeks ago.

Good luck KingMonkey.

Hereā€™s a little tale to cheer you on your way: Back in 1979, I was taught Class1 (now C+E) 2 to 1 as ROG says- it IS the best way. So there we were at the test centre. We took our tests one after the other. We both failedā€¦ :blush: Weā€™d got on great and we had a brilliant instructor, so we all became good mates and had plenty of laughs at appropriate times during the tuition.

Iā€™d failed for a bit of hesitancy at a junction and for slightly brushing a cone- fair enough- but Iā€™ll never forget what the examiner said to the other candidate. "Sorry to tell you that you failed, but if itā€™s any consolation, you now hold the lap record :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The instructor had been telling him to watch his speed all week.

Thereā€™s a moral to the story: once you gain your confidence, there a fine line between that and being cocky. He who hesitates is also lost. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey- no pun intended :wink:

How did the test go,KingMonkey?

I hope he got on better than me. After managing 2hours of pretty much spot-on pre-test driving, I fluffed the test and failed :unamused:

The pretrip stuff, reversing etc all went dandy, drive was going great, but being school run hour in middle of Shrewsbury it was busy, got to a roundabout and was sitting there for 2minutes waiting for a gap. Thought if i donā€™t get a move on iā€™ll be done for hesitation, see a car coming round no indicators, looks like hes coming off at my exit, so i go for it, halfway onto roundabout, nope, heā€™s gonna come round, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Carried on for remaining 40mins best I could hoping maybe heā€™d forgive it, but got to the end and was told I failed for it.

Retest next friday hopefully, and another Ā£250 lighter :confused:

Kiowan,take it you had a 14:30 test?
Good Luck for Friday.