Start class 2 in morning

The time has come to start me training in the morning, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
This has been a long time comin cant wait, NERVOUS but got me sugar sweet ready, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If any body else is starting there training in morning good luck to you, :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Cheers for all the tips , WEEMAN :grimacing: :grimacing:

weeman1:
start c 2 in morning

Have to say that your thread title is a bit of a puzzle mate :confused:

I assume you’re not really starting the cat C training at 2 in the morning :smiley: :wink:

Anyway that apart enjoy the training have a good day and good luck :wink:

When’s the test ?

class 2 sorry about confusion, :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Best of luck weeman. I remember it being kinda fun when you’re starting out, I wish I could go back to those initial days when it still felt exciting.

Enjoy it, and don’t dwell too much on those funny little mistakes. In fact the more of them you make at this stage, the better, and - trust me - we all make them. The important thing is to learn from them, it will be invaluable experience for the future when you’re out on your own with the motor.

And experience is ■■■■ near 90% of the battle in this job.

remember listen to your trainer, take your time, and enjoy! good luck weeman! davy :slight_smile:

First day training class 2 was great, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
cant wait for next day, having 2 faults pulling up to close behind cars, :blush: :blush: :blush:
and not enough near side mirror when passing parked cars :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
other than that cant wait for MORE, thanks for all the support people greatful :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
cheers weeman

Glad to see you’ve enjoyed your first day training weeman, remember if your not sure of anything or not quite understood something, ask your triner!! Good luck with your test :smiley:

What seems to be standard for a 5 day course for many …

Day 1 = steep learning curve with instructor talking you through most of the time
Day 2 = less talking from instructor with trainee making more choices
Day 3 = DSA bits now ok but the trainee forgets how to drive and thinks they will never get to test standard
GOOD OVERNIGHT SLEEP
Day 4 = everything fixed and trainee cannot understand why the last day went pear shaped !!
Day 5 = test passed :smiley: (unless they let nerves get a higher rating than having FUN)

ROG:
What seems to be standard for a 5 day course for many …

Day 1 = steep learning curve with instructor talking you through most of the time
Day 2 = less talking from instructor with trainee making more choices
Day 3 = DSA bits now ok but the trainee forgets how to drive and thinks they will never get to test standard
GOOD OVERNIGHT SLEEP
Day 4 = everything fixed and trainee cannot understand why the last day went pear shaped !!
Day 5 = test passed :smiley: (unless they let nerves get a higher rating than having FUN)

Spot on :slight_smile:

its well good just cant wait till friday test day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
then got to try find work, in the kent area or london
with in 30 miles as not wanting to spend me wage on fuel getting to work, lol
Cheers WEEMAN :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thanks Rog

Pretty good summary of a 5 day course. On this occasion we only have 3 in total.

Abs done great today. He forgot to mention the right hand signal when going straight ahead at roundabout. Indeed his only serious fault on day 1.

Abs will get no more than 3/4 minor faults on Friday.

Never had a trucknetuk failure. It won’t be this week.

Good luck to all testing this week.

Cheers John was a great days training great on info & helping me understanding me faults thanks again
cheers abs, :grimacing: :grimacing:

LGVTrainer:
He forgot to mention the right hand signal when going straight ahead at roundabout. Indeed his only serious fault on day 1.

EH !!■■ :confused:

LGVTrainer wrote:He forgot to mention the right hand signal when going straight ahead at roundabout. Indeed his only serious fault on day 1.

EH !!■■

Yes, that’s what I thought at first. But I think the candidate probably put the signal on in error to go straight ahead. Common fault. Normal response when it’s pointed out “I was taught to do that in my car”. Don’t think so!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Yes, that’s what I thought at first. But I think the candidate probably put the signal on in error to go straight ahead. Common fault. Normal response when it’s pointed out “I was taught to do that in my car”. Don’t think so!!

Strange fault this one. I do try to get to the bottom of why they think they should put the right hand indicator on when going straight ahead (2nd exit at standard roundabout). Most reply that they feel it is letting cars waiting from the left know that they are not taking that exit but of course not having any signal on would tell them that anyway.

Imagine you are a car travelling behind a truck that suddenly indicates right from the left lane. What would you think was about to happen? It would be very confusing

maybe its just something i have picked up while driving, after seeing people getting smashed in to on round abouts,
after being a passenger in a car that got crashed in to, the person told police thay knot knowing where we were going,
as straight on was 3/4 around round about due to a temporary site exit and motorway, then our turning but our turning was straight on,
i suppose this is my bad habit why i signal right,
bad habit i know… cheers weeman

If the road ahead exit is passed the 12 o clock position then a right signal may well be needed but as in all things will depend on exact circumstances

All i know is its a bad habit & i hope it does not cost me my test, and as you say circumstances differ,

Just a little tip that may help - and I dare say John has already told you but may be handy for others: listen VERY carefully to the instruction given by the examiner on the approach to roundabouts. If you hear the words “straight ahead” then that’s what it is - and so there’s no right signal. But if you hear the words “the road leading off to your right” or something similar to that, then it’s a right turn and needs a right signal (except for some rare circumstances typically on a gyroscopic roundabout).

So, in summary: straight ahead - - no signal. Right, right signal.

And in all normal cases, a left signal is required to leave the roundabout.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Im greatful for the info and shall bear this in mind when training with john,or alan…