Start C+E training, Hindleygreen LGV, Wednesday 3rd oct

As above with Paul at Hindleygreen Lgv training in Wigan. Slightly apprehensive as I haven’t driven cat c for over a year, it’s the size thing, but I’m sure ill get used to the space needed etc and where the rear of the trailer is! My test is booked for following wed 10th @ 10:15! Is that a good time?

Enjoy it and good luck.

Everything will fall in to place, even if the first couple of hours may feel strange.

Just up the road from me, although I’ve decided to go with TRUK in Bolton.

Good luck for tomorrow , you will be fine , just take it easy at first and it will all come back :wink:

1015 am is a nice quiet time on the roads generally

I think Paul does W&D and TRUK does artic but stand to be corrected

He has a car trailer, rigid and artic. didn’t fancy the W&D route to c+e although I’d like to do some familiarisation training once qual’d on artic.

good luck mate i passed yesterday

Well the first lesson went really well. I picked it up again quickly and got accustomed to the size. I had a couple of moments with the 4 over 4 gearbox but by the end it fell into place.
Overall not bad and Paul says I shouldn’t need the allotted 20 hours training which is good news to the wallet.
5 hours on Friday, hitching up, and reversing which could be interesting and i can’t wait.

Test morra! 10:15! Got an hour tuition before hand coz i keep leavin trailer brake on!? Stupid ano! Even using BLACK, doh! Couple of hill starts then should be hot to trot!

Good luck mate I’m at atherton myself tomorrow at 8.45am doing CPC test, I passed my c+e last month with an examiner called mike entwistle he was sound.

If you get mike button a baldy fella with white hair he likes you to do exactly the speed limit if its a 40 do 40 not 36 seriously he’s picky haha

Good luck with the test tomorrow.

Remember…

TRAILER BRAKE :wink:

All the best wheelyb for tomorrow :wink:

Passed my C+E today with 6 minors :wink:

Good luck for tomorrrow :smiley:

ROG:
1015 am is a nice quiet time on the roads generally

Nooooo :unamused: , come on ROG i’ve got the real deal not W&D lol :laughing: my artic is DAF CF 380 with tri axle curtain sider.

You stay calm today Tony and you’ll be fine mate :wink:

Tunny43:

ROG:

Nooooo :unamused: , come on ROG i’ve got the real deal not W&D lol :laughing: my artic is DAF CF 380 with tri axle curtain sider.

My bad :blush:

How did it go mate I passed my CPC this morning 100% and saw you in Paul’s lorry when i drove past you on the roundabout by atherton test centre on my way home

Wheelyb how did it go hope you passed■■?

Absolutely gutted! Only got 6 minors, but got a serious marked down for not storing the air lines to move the unit 5 metres doing the coupling, how bloody petty! I was livid! It’s not as if I got a serious out on the road!
The air lines are on purpose made industrial strength springs and colour coded and dont even touch the full width/length walkway!! But rules are rules I suppose.
I go workin away again next wed in foreign lands till Xmas so Paul @ hindleygreen lgv is trying to get me a test before then otherwise ill prob need more refresher training and more money to redo it Xmas!
A can of carling and sleep on it me thinks.

Plus they haven’t failed anyone for it before!!■■ Not at Atherton test centre as far as I’m aware, after speaking with other instructors!

That is surely very bad luck. 6 minors is not a bad score.

Didn’t think this was something you could be failed on. You learn things new every day.