Stand clear.. this vehicle is turning left

Evil8Beezle:

SuperMultiBlue:

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:
For example, i will sit at the lights ready to make a left turn but will only signal just before i move off. Tell me how that is safer?

■■ have you mistyped something here? If not, it is downright dangerous!

Human behaviour pal. I know im not the only one. Its going too far.

Human nature of someone who puts their convenience before that of the safety of others!
Do I agree they are annoying and not helpful then yes, but it doesn’t mean that not using an indicator isn’t dangerous…

When you drive a vehicle with one fitted you will know where I’m coming from. My mirrors are checked religiously. Constantly. I’m not an unsafe driver but this OTT health & safety ■■■■■■■■ has made me use my left indicator less. It is still used for every left turn but the length of time it’s on I have minimised. It’s got to the point where right hand turns are a joyous occasion :slight_smile:

Some of my drops involve driving through housing estates at 6, 7 in the morning. Not a soul in sight except for me and my ■■■■■■■ noisy truck.

syramax:
we have them :cry: awful things , we also have a button that will disable it for 1 min :slight_smile: . but I know what you mean, like you I find myself reluctant to use the left hand indicator. normally if there was nothing about to signal my intentions to, I would indicate anyway but since this thing (along with its flashing light just behind the cab ) arrived I don’t bother . I take it your with one of the companies that are F O R s. I’m with travis perkins and I’m convinced the people at the top are cyclits

I hope that wasn’t a typo’ :smiley:

SuperMultiBlue:
For example, i will sit at the lights ready to make a left turn but will only signal just before i move off. Tell me how that is safer?

As a cyclist, that really bothers me.

Just ban cyclists off the roads ,unless they pass a riding test …And put a reg plate on so they too can be held to account for being [zb]s

If you don’t want to hear it just turn your radio up, works for me!

Albert1:
Just ban cyclists off the roads ,unless they pass a riding test …And put a reg plate on so they too can be held to account for being [zb]s

+1…though that’s too sensible to be adopted as policy

I think I’d be putting it through a 100 watt amplifier. :grimacing:

it would be better if you could get some sort of small dummy on a bike with a wheel going over it and stick it on the side of a cab, the sight of that would keep them far away from trucks

nightline:
it would be better if you could get some sort of small dummy on a bike with a wheel going over it and stick it on the side of a cab, the sight of that would keep them far away from trucks

… And they still wouldn’t get the hint. :imp:. Personally, I’ve always thought there’s very few cyclists out there that really understands that the Highway Code applies to them too!

And remember, we live in age of compensation culture… ( I’ll stop here on this script… zb cyclists :smiling_imp: )

With some electronic wizardry I’m sure it could be reprogrammed to say ■■■■ off, I’m turning left!

Captain Caveman 76:

SuperMultiBlue:

Good.

the nodding donkey:

Captain Caveman 76:

SuperMultiBlue:

Good.

Really? I should explain that I’m not one of those ninja cyclists to whom the rules of the road don’t apply. I follow the rules of the road, but I need other motorists to help me out, just the simple things, like indicating properly and giving me space.

Captain Caveman 76:

the nodding donkey:

Captain Caveman 76:

SuperMultiBlue:

Good.

Really? I should explain that I’m not one of those ninja cyclists to whom the rules of the road don’t apply. I follow the rules of the road, but I need other motorists to help me out, just the simple things, like indicating properly and giving me space.

+1.
I do a good lot of miles on a bicycle (and a motorbike too); and get severely ■■■■■■ off with this attitude of SOME drivers that cyclists shouldn’t be on the road. If you haven’t learnt how to share the road with other road users, then don’t drive. You don’t own the road no matter what size your lorry is. BTW - yes I pay “road tax*” (car and motorbike), and I am insured through membership of British Cycling. Which is more than a lot of drivers have - unless you’re an owner driver then you aren’t paying road tax or insurance for your lorry. What about all the low CO2 emission vehicles on zero VED rates? Disabled drivers also pay zero VED., you want to ban them too?

I won’t come up the inside of an HGV at lights or anywhere else, because I drive one and I know that some drivers either don’t know how to drive, or just don’t give a toss.
Yes there are nobs on pedal bikes, but at least the chances are they will only hurt themselves when they mess up. There are a lot more nobs driving cars and lorries, but unfortunately they kill people when they mess up. That is why they need a licence, and cyclists don’t.

*Road tax doesn’t exist any more, but that’s a whole new topic.

ezydriver:
With some electronic wizardry I’m sure it could be reprogrammed to say [zb] off, I’m turning left!

But the thing is, they wouldn’t hear you when they’re plugged in to earphones,ipod, etc,etc. :exclamation:

SuperMultiBlue:

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:
Im not going to sit at the lights with this [zb] on for 40-50 secs to turn left.

I thought that was the idea, so that a cyclist or similar doesn’t creep up your inside :wink:

If they cant notice a flashing orange light in their face as they approach my wagon they shouldnt be on the [zb] road.

Whats next? Bubble wrap on all the lamposts? :grimacing:

you have just said you have switched your indicators off :unamused:

Bluey Circles:

SuperMultiBlue:

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:
Im not going to sit at the lights with this [zb] on for 40-50 secs to turn left.

I thought that was the idea, so that a cyclist or similar doesn’t creep up your inside :wink:

If they cant notice a flashing orange light in their face as they approach my wagon they shouldnt be on the [zb] road.

Whats next? Bubble wrap on all the lamposts? :grimacing:

you have just said you have switched your indicators off :unamused:

No need for the indicators. Cyclist take no notice of them any way.

the nodding donkey:
No need for the indicators. Cyclist take no notice of them any way.

thankfully the driver was on the ball, must have got a glimpse of the cyclist at the last moment.
Looks like the video is from a cyclist and is trying to show how stupid it is to undertake someone turning left. Not all cyclists are eejits.

SuperMultiBlue:

dri-diddly-iver:
They don’t notice much if nearside cyclist accidents are still happening but if you disable or don’t use an audible warning/safety :unamused: device then you could end further up the creek.

Just an opinion.

Don’t get me wrong my signalling is still legal… just imo not as effective as visual only.

Tomasz Kroker was like you. He thought rules of the road weren’t important and he was fiddling with his phone when he wiped out a family. Stop making your own rules up, obey the rules of the road and stop being an idiot or you will hurt someone.

Audible warnings won’t make a blind bit if difference.
They’ll still squeeze down your inside.

I dont quite get what is happening that you are reluctant to use a left hand indicator…is it noisy…or more noisier than a right turn indicator…surely that cant be too much of a problem.?