Stand clear.. this vehicle is turning left

Anyone else have to put up with this ■■■■■■■■?

Been driving a 65 plate DAF with this for 2 months now. Ironically it is making me less safe as I have severely reduced the amount and length of time i use my left indicator :slight_smile:

just keep doing right hand turns - job sorted :wink: :grimacing:

trux:
just keep doing right hand turns - job sorted :wink: :grimacing:

:laughing:

we have them :cry: awful things , we also have a button that will disable it for 1 min :slight_smile: . but I know what you mean, like you I find myself reluctant to use the left hand indicator. normally if there was nothing about to signal my intentions to, I would indicate anyway but since this thing (along with its flashing light just behind the cab ) arrived I don’t bother . I take it your with one of the companies that are F O R s. I’m with travis perkins and I’m convinced the people at the top are cyclits

syramax:
we have them :cry: awful things , we also have a button that will disable it for 1 min :slight_smile: . but I know what you mean, like you I find myself reluctant to use the left hand indicator. normally if there was nothing about to signal my intentions to, I would indicate anyway but since this thing (along with its flashing light just behind the cab ) arrived I don’t bother . I take it your with one of the companies that are F O R s. I’m with travis perkins and I’m convinced the people at the top are cyclits

I’m with. Yep like you i never tend to miss a signal when others would but with this ■■■■■ it is curtailing my left signals.

Im not going to sit at the lights with this ■■■■ on for 40-50 secs to turn left.

SuperMultiBlue:
Im not going to sit at the lights with this [zb] on for 40-50 secs to turn left.

I thought that was the idea, so that a cyclist or similar doesn’t creep up your inside :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:
Im not going to sit at the lights with this [zb] on for 40-50 secs to turn left.

I thought that was the idea, so that a cyclist or similar doesn’t creep up your inside :wink:

If they cant notice a flashing orange light in their face as they approach my wagon they shouldnt be on the ■■■■■■■ road.

Whats next? Bubble wrap on all the lamposts? :grimacing:

Is it still an optional extra to have the “talking indicator”? If so we wont be speccing it, nor all those extra side scan things.

They don’t notice much if nearside cyclist accidents are still happening but if you disable or don’t use an audible warning/safety :unamused: device then you could end further up the creek.

Just an opinion.

dri-diddly-iver:
They don’t notice much if nearside cyclist accidents are still happening but if you disable or don’t use an audible warning/safety :unamused: device then you could end further up the creek.

Just an opinion.

+1 because it’ll be recorded in the black box

dri-diddly-iver:

Just an opinion.

Don’t get me wrong my signalling is still legal… just imo not as effective as visual only.

For example, i will sit at the lights ready to make a left turn but will only signal just before i move off. Tell me how that is safer?

SuperMultiBlue:
Anyone else have to put up with this [zb]?

Been driving a 65 plate DAF with this for 2 months now. Ironically it is making me less safe as I have severely reduced the amount and length of time i use my left indicator :slight_smile:

I gota 16 plate MAN and it does the same. Before I altered the volume on the screen for the reverse camera, it also used to emit extremely loud bleeps at you if the side of the cab was within 50 yards of the nearest car, street furniture, tree and bloody lamp post telling you not to turn!
About as much use as a chocolate ash tray.
Anyway, the turn warning was easily sorted with a piece of duct tape over the speaker that resides under the front lift up cover. :wink:

Gembo:

SuperMultiBlue:
Anyone else have to put up with this [zb]?

I gota 16 plate MAN and it does the same. Before I altered the volume on the screen for the reverse camera, it also used to emit extremely loud bleeps at you if the side of the cab was within 50 yards of the nearest car, street furniture, tree and bloody lamp post telling you not to turn!
About as much use as a chocolate ash tray.
Anyway, the turn warning was easily sorted with a piece of duct tape over the speaker that resides under the front lift up cover. :wink:

I understand how annoying these are, but it is an offence under the Health and safety at work act to interfere with or mis-use anything provided to assure Health and Safety or Welfare at work. If, you were to have an accident and the equipment was found to have been tampered with, you would be in deep trouble.

SuperMultiBlue:
For example, i will sit at the lights ready to make a left turn but will only signal just before i move off. Tell me how that is safer?

■■ have you mistyped something here? If not, it is downright dangerous!

nyk473l:
I understand how annoying these are, but it is an offence under the Health and safety at work act to interfere with or mis-use anything provided to assure Health and Safety or Welfare at work.

Is not correct. legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/33

You only commit an offence if you contravene health and safety regulations so if its not a regulatory requirement of the HSAW you’re not committing an offence. There is no offence for interfering or misusing things provided to assure H&S, just if that interference results in a breach. Turn Left warning alarms are not a regulatory requirement. Even reversing alarms are not a regulatory requirement, HSE just advise that they be fitted.

hse.gov.uk/workplacetranspor … ersing.htm

Sounds like you work for a H&S obsessed company who are using the claim that you’d be breaking the law to get you to do whatever the latest rubbish is they’ve decided to implement this week. Much of the H&S stuff companies like the one I’m at introduce are pointless or not a regulatory requirement.

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:

Human behaviour pal. I know im not the only one. Its going too far.

Don’t have this fitted to our trucks but had to put up with this ■■■■ for around 5 mins at clacket lane services today when some knob pulled in (parking in abnormal load space - which has been covered in another thread) and decided to keep his left indicator on whilst he was doing whatever it was he was doing! (Probably ■■■■■■■ in the bushes because he couldn’t be bothered to use the toilets)!!! :unamused:

Got this on my truck too. Annoying but get used to it. What is annoying is it going off when hazard lights are on. So I no longer reverse with hazards on as I might not be turning left!

SuperMultiBlue:

dri-diddly-iver:

SuperMultiBlue:

Human behaviour pal. I know im not the only one. Its going too far.

Human nature of someone who puts their convenience before that of the safety of others!
Do I agree they are annoying and not helpful then yes, but it doesn’t mean that not using an indicator isn’t dangerous…

Mark28:
Got this on my truck too. Annoying but get used to it. What is annoying is it going off when hazard lights are on. So I no longer reverse with hazards on as I might not be turning left!

The warning system has obviously been wired up incorrectly. When I had a system retro fitted on my previous XF, that was one thing the installer checked when he had finished the installation, as he said it was easily done to take the incorrect feed.