Ssshhhh, Stobby/Culina

Can’t say too much :smiley: :smiley: check out Stobbies website.

the maoster:

truckingjobs.co.uk/2021/07/ … ILY7JA&m=1

Includes TPN which as a driver was one of the better pallet networks to work for on night trunks. I wonder how crap that’ll end up being.

It’s going to be interesting to see if Culina keep Stobart lorries in their livery or do what they’ve done with every other acquisition and re-design the livery with the name but done in Culina’s corporate style as they’ve done with Fowler Welch et al.

the maoster:

eddiestobart.com/news-and-insig … ss-update/

Conor:
Includes TPN which as a driver was one of the better pallet networks to work for on night trunks. I wonder how crap that’ll end up being.

Im sure Dopey will enjoy doing the pallet network as an alternative to doing the pop

I can see synergies between the two companies.

isaac hunt:

download.jpeg.jpg

the maoster:

I actually knew about this in July last year! The place where I was working (in the office) has the majority of their stock moved by CML and it was let slip in a management meeting with Culina execs about the buy out. Tbh didn’t really believe it at the time as both companies are giants in their own right and it would have been huge news.

peirre:
Im sure Dopey will enjoy doing the pallet network as an alternative to doing the pop

Didn’t he leave recently?

Was that a condition before Culina got the cheque book out?

isaac hunt:

Kwaliteee…

:smiley:

I believe William Stobart going to be deputy chairman of culina :open_mouth: :unamused: So that’s culina stuffed

peirre:

the maoster:

eddiestobart.com/news-and-insig … ss-update/

Conor:

Due to health I don’t work at all now , and my last job was knights of old , hope that keeps you upto date , if & when my health improves & I feel upto going back to work I will update you , most likely be casual , a couple of days a week , van or small rigid will do , though with the deterioration in my eye sight I doubt I’ll pass next medical , so something like a security guard at Asda would do , or manager of engineering firm has asked if if fancy doing a bit of turning at his place , probably those options are far more sensible for me as it stands
As for Culina who knows , if they had a depot in Grantham ( maybe Newark ) I’d be interested if it was 8/10 hr days , mon - wed , but they don’t have depots local so non starter
Anyway mrs has cooked me lamb chops , mash tates , 3 veg & gravy , strawberries & Greek yougurt for afters , so I’m off & am in no rush to resume driving for a living !!

njl:

peirre:

Didn’t he leave recently?

Was that a condition before Culina got the cheque book out?

At least someone who listens !!

One wonders if Culina are trying to get far too big far too quickly at the moment.

DCPCFML:

the maoster:

I actually knew about this in July last year! The place where I was working (in the office) has the majority of their stock moved by CML and it was let slip in a management meeting with Culina execs about the buy out. Tbh didn’t really believe it at the time as both companies are giants in their own right and it would have been huge news.

Celiņa bough CML years ago.

Andrejs:

Andrejs:
Celiņa

Andrejs:
ņ

Not going to lie, I spent a few seconds trying to wipe this off my screen…

ETS:

Andrejs:

Andrejs:
Celiņa

Andrejs:
ņ

Not going to lie, I spent a few seconds trying to wipe this off my screen…

Why’s that??
Because he’s foreign? Not part of the master sun reading gammon race?

Culina offered me work three years ago,the crappest money i have ever been offered in haulage.

Beetlejuice:
Culina offered me work three years ago,the crappest money i have ever been offered in haulage.

Pretty sure Culina pay well compared to Stobart, I wonder if Stobart drivers will get a pay rise too after this acquisition?

I for one welcome our new Teutonic Bovine Overlords

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

Pretty sure Culina pay well compared to Stobart, I wonder if Stobart drivers will get a pay rise too after this acquisition?

Does anyone get pay rises when companies borrow money?