Split rest question?

A 3hr rest on boat then 9 after =12rest.
How many times a week can you do this within 6 shifts, and if I do more than 13hrs does it still apply or is it a reduce!!!

Anyone!!

xxicelandicxx:
How many times a week can you do this within 6 shifts, and if I do more than 13hrs does it still apply or is it a reduce!!!

Anyone!!

Every day

NewLad:

xxicelandicxx:

Anyone!!

Every day

And not a reduced.

Ah ok I was just thinking about the silly 24 got to fit in rule lol , just wondering as I’ve done a14hr but still text as per

xxicelandicxx:

Anyone!!

not too sure on this bit as you must have access to a bunk / couchette

but as a rule on the road, every day . as long as your free to dispose of your time as you see fit. which stuck in a layby in the middle of nowhere aint quite right :grimacing:

Yeh it’s ok I was on Holyhead ferry so got bunk, and I’ve seen plenty of posts on here about the bunk debate lol

xxicelandicxx:
Yeh it’s ok I was on Holyhead ferry so got bunk, and I’ve seen plenty of posts on here about the bunk debate lol

Its gotta be good to go then … everyday :smiley:

Can’t do a split daily rest on a boat! :laughing: ENDEX! :laughing: period! :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
Can’t do a split daily rest on a boat! :laughing: ENDEX! :laughing: period! :grimacing:

Yeah i wasn’t sure as the requirement in rest on a ferry is access to bunk etc … that’s REST not Break …that’s why i questioned it

edited because it was wrong, you need access to a bunk if your having a daily rest on a boat.

Fatboy slimslow:

Why not ?

To use FERRY MODE! :laughing: max 13 hours duty time as it has to be 11 hours REGULAR REST! :sunglasses: that simple :grimacing:

If I remember correctly a 3 hour break can only be used as part of a split daily rest if the 3 hour bit has a bunk available

I seem to remember a day cab driver being caught out on that

Fatboy slimslow:
To use FERRY MODE! :laughing: max 13 hours duty time as it has to be 11 hours REGULAR REST! :sunglasses: that simple :grimacing:

You must have a regular daily rest period ie 13 hour spread-over if you’re interrupting the daily rest period, the OP hasn’t said anything about having an interrupted daily rest period, he’s having a split daily rest period which has a maximum spread-over of 15 hours.

tachograph:

Fatboy slimslow:

You must have a regular daily rest period ie 13 hour spread-over if you’re interrupting the daily rest period, the OP hasn’t said anything about having an interrupted daily rest period, he’s having a split daily rest period which has a maximum spread-over of 15 hours.

but he’s said 3 hour rest on the boat :wink:

ROG:
If I remember correctly a 3 hour break can only be used as part of a split daily rest if the 3 hour bit has a bunk available

I seem to remember a day cab driver being caught out on that

You can only have a daily rest period in the vehicle if there’s a bunk, but you can spend the rest period on a park bench if you wish.

Anyway the OP is on a boat where he does need a bunk so it’s irrelevant :confused:

Fatboy slimslow:

tachograph:

Fatboy slimslow:

but he’s said 3 hour rest on the boat :wink:

Makes no difference, as long as you have access to a bunk you can have any part of a daily rest period on a boat, in fact you can have an interrupted split daily rest if you want which could be a spread-over of 15 hours :smiley:

GUIDANCE NOTE 6

In case of a regular daily rest taken in two periods, the first of which must be of at least 3
hours and the second of at least 9 hours (as stipulated in Article 4(g)), the number of
interruptions (maximum two) concerns the whole period of daily rest and not each part of a
regular daily rest taken in two periods.

Fatboy slimslow:

Fatboy slimslow:

A split daily rest is not classed as a reduced daily rest though. A split daily rest consists of a total of 12 hours rest, more than the regular 11 hours.

Terry T:

Fatboy slimslow:

Fatboy slimslow:

A split daily rest is not classed as a reduced daily rest though. A split daily rest consists of a total of 12 hours rest, more than the regular 11 hours.

look up FERRY MODE! :grimacing: regular rest 11 hours may be interrupted twice to embark and disembark totalling no more than one hour! :laughing: :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:

Terry T:

Fatboy slimslow:

Fatboy slimslow:

look up FERRY MODE! :grimacing: regular rest 11 hours may be interrupted twice to embark and disembark totalling no more than one hour! :laughing: :sunglasses:

He aint interrupting a regular rest though is he? He’s driving up to the ferry, boarding, putting it on break whilst on the boat for over three hours, disembarking and then driving off with his same card in (to use an analogue analogy)

You can do a split daily rest on a boat, Tachograph has already quoted from the official documentation. What you cannot do is have a reduced daily rest on a boat. A split is not the same as a reduced and actually includes more rest than a regular 11 hour daily rest.