Spilt milk in fridge

Does anyone know a way of getting rid of the smell? I got a scania r series and it was left In a state (still not fully clean after a few months) and some Grotbag left a couple of little milk in freezer about 2 month out of date and it was also spilt in the fridge , I’ve defrosted it several times and cleaned fully a few times with detttol but after it’s been turned on for a few hours I can start to smell it again although it isn’t as bad as it first was. Any help would be appreciated cheers

Dettol won’t help much (and stinks anyway). A mild bleach solution should do the job.

Bicarbonate of soda. Google it.

white vinegar works well, especially on carpet.

I’d go with bleach and bicarbonate of soda as well, the stink will stick around as its no doubt found its way into the internal componets as well, over time it will become less and less noticable.

Or get a fridge deodoriser, just google it they are only a few quid.

Milton Sterilising fluid :wink:

Poor some cheap coffee into a couple of old aerosol tin lids. That should absorb most of the smell within a few days

Sodium Bicarbonate - mix with water and wipe the fridge out.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho … 239&page=3

No point crying over spilt milk…

Autosmart BioBrisk.

gallon of petrol, rag, lighter, and run like ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

evil ■■■■ is milk it will be there till your dead…

I used to carry kangaroo meat from Queensland down to Melbourne over three days, and we used vanilla essence to get rid of the smell! Worked extremely well as I recall!

Spilling milk about the place, all willy nilly like, is one of my favourite methods of non violent retribution.

There’s not a lot you can do apart from replacing said fridge or waiting a few months (approx 24). :smiley:

Bicarbonate of sofa is great stuff. Once it’s clean cut a fresh lemon in half and put in in the fridge. It will keep the smell out

Wipe the fridge inside and out with a ten month old dead kipper,it overpowers all loitering scents. FACT

best thing to do

turn it off
empty it
give it a good scrub out with hot soapy water and rinse then dry
give the inside a good spraying with this

075366_R_Z001.jpg

then leave turned off all weekend with the fridge door open to air out (most important)

that’ll fix it :smiley:

Once the enzymes in the ruined milk have soaked into the plastics or rubber its virtually impossible to remove it.

One of my ex colleagues spilt coffee in the tray in my Scania, he cleaned it out but didn’t remove the rubber anti slip mat, and obviously some had seeped under there.
Several weeks later the smell started, i seached high and low for it was dreadful.
Eventually tracked the pong down, and it was one tiny patch about the size of a 10p piece had stained the underside of the mat…took the mat out bleached it steam cleaned it put it through the dishwasher countless times and the smell never did go, eventually binned it.

shuttlespanker:
gallon of petrol, rag, lighter, and run like [zb] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

making sure its parked next to a particular DAF :wink: