Spelling

One of my pet hates is incorrect spelling on sign written trucks !
One of the classic mistakes is “refridgerated” ! There’s no d in it.
Any more examples ■■

refridgerated ?
Ah you mean that there is only one d in refrigerated. :wink:

Lol. Yes only the 1 d. Glad your awake, which clearly I’m not.

I think it might be “you’re” awake…:wink:)))

Deepinvet:

Oops! Hoist with yer own petard turnip! :grimacing:

Mind you it gets me as well… you’d think that anyone who did those signs would spell-check them as a matter of course.

It’s always gone on though… across the road from the house I grew up in was a pub which had a restaurant added on in the late 1960’s. The signwriter was just putting the finishing touches to the large “olde English” lettering on the wall which proclaimed the fact, a job which had taken him most of the morning, when he was interrupted by a snotty-nosed kid (me :blush: ) pointing out that he’d written “restaraunt” instead of “restaurant”… I can still hear that agonised groan! :smiley:

My predictive text didn’t pick that one up. Picky git.

gnasty gnome:

Deepinvet:

Oops! Hoist with yer own petard turnip! :grimacing:

Back to bed !
Although that’s not a spelling mistake. And furthermore it’s not written in 3 foot high letters on the side of a truck.

MRCT seems to be missing a couple of letters… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MRCT.jpg

We had one in these parts a while back, as you all know in Wales the road signs are bi-lingual the guy whose job it is to translate the required sign from English to welsh was sent a request for a sign.

This is what happened. news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/15139328

I believe this is a legit spelling mistake, because it’s missing an umlaut over the ‘u’.

What I can’t work out is how come a board for supposedly adults only (they being 100% of the LGV drivers I’ve ever met!) don’t get the board uncensored, whereas Youtube & Facebook are full of un-edited out filth day and night all for kids to read with no let-up from the supposedly family-friendly people that run it, hiding behind the thin veneer of “You can’t have an account that young anyway!”?

A seagull doesn't count as an Umlaut!.jpg

Winseer:
I believe this is a legit spelling mistake, because it’s missing an umlaut over the ‘u’.

What I can’t work out is how come a board for supposedly adults only (they being 100% of the LGV drivers I’ve ever met!) don’t get the board uncensored, whereas Youtube & Facebook are full of un-edited out filth day and night all for kids to read with no let-up from the supposedly family-friendly people that run it, hiding behind the thin veneer of “You can’t have an account that young anyway!”?

Eh ■■

Deepinvet:

Genius! I can sympathise with Turnip though, I really struggle with your!

This was doing the rounds lately which is good for a chuckle

I hate superfluous apostrophes. Really get’s my goat, it does.

Local to me there is a car body repair company who have really nice custom-painted vans, but they are really let down by the misspelt company name, which includes “body’s” instead of “bodies”. It sticks out to me like a wart. Has nobody ever told them?

anybody remembers ‘international reef transport bucharest romania’?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

grammar.jpg

Spotted this error a while back…

206doorman:
Spotted this error a while back…

mm… have they spelled Kleen wrong :wink: