Speeding.

Got done with speeding in my car at 2.30 in the morning on the Motorway, no bloody car in front or behind and decided to speed up before the seventy sign which I could see, too bloody tempting.

Could have had a formula one race at the time and nobody would have been the wiser, except the polis sitting on the overpass almost directly above the 70 sign, obviously a great place to sit at that time in the morning.

Anybody who knows the Kingston bridge heading to the airport will know what I mean, two lanes on the M8 merge with the M74 and its 50 to allow traffic to merge in busy periods but as ghosts could have been out in their phantom cars it was deemed unsafe by the plod obviously killing time before their break along the road.

This was in June and I was done at 68 in a 50 but never paid it as I was a bit peeved, have a letter giving me another go at paying it but this says 65 in a 50.

Do they not have to get these things bang on for legal purposes and could I get off on a technicality with the Ticket saying 68 and the PF letter saying 65.

A wee clutch at straws here before I get the points, don’t mind the fine but points for speeding on an empty four lane motorway does my head in. lol

I actually tried to pay it Friday but the fines office was closed, thought I might seek some advice seeing as I am a bit bored before I go

Have you tried pepipoo?

I wouldn’t want to give the wrong advice, they have experts.

the fact that they can’t decide on what speed you were doing would suggest that their evidence is less than reliable. probably worth a call to a suitable solicitor for advice

waynedl:
Have you tried pepipoo?

I wouldn’t want to give the wrong advice, they have experts.

Thought you were at it there, :laughing: will have have a wee browse. Thank you.

Nate:
the fact that they can’t decide on what speed you were doing would suggest that their evidence is less than reliable. probably worth a call to a suitable solicitor for advice

I know its possibly a typo but after watching Judge Judy a few years back and The Bill I assumed typos were a no no in a court of law. lol
I still have the ticket and obviously the PF letter so can prove the mistake.

According to pepipoo 65 is 3 points fine between £35-£135 due to being self employed and using profits as my weekly wage, cheers looks like its worthwhile making them take me to court and chancing my luck. 68 is a different ball game though. :cry:

I’m always careful about not speeding and laugh at those that cry when they get caught, but this one’s ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. Hope you manage to get away with it.

I know you’re upset by being caught but there’s not a lot you can do other than pay it or fight it. Have they said why didn’t they offer you one of those driver awareness courses? as I understand it, if you go on one of those you don’t get any points.

It’s be the points which would rack me off more than the fine.

BB

65 or 68 - on a keypad the numbers 5 & 8 are next to each other so it could be a simple typo

It doesn’t have to be bang on I’m afraid, the PF will be using 65 as it is set in ranges, so for example 70 in a ■■ = ■■

The motorway in that area is 50 for a reason, and as some member on here will know what my previous employment was on that road…

I use that bit of road every day, and the police show no mercy to anyone caught speeding on that stretch. I can virtually garuntee that I will see them with someone pulled over on the hard shoulder every day. They were targeting truckers not wearing seatbelts again today, sneaking up using their new unmarked Audi.

Basilbrush:
I know you’re upset by being caught but there’s not a lot you can do other than pay it or fight it. Have they said why didn’t they offer you one of those driver awareness courses? as I understand it, if you go on one of those you don’t get any points.

It’s be the points which would rack me off more than the fine.

BB

The good old scottish polizei don’t offer speed awareness courses as I found out last year :blush:

There are a few forces which have speed awareness courses but will not offer them to truckers caught speeding as they consider the driver should be more professional - it seems to be an ‘unwritten rule’

aranger:
According to pepipoo 65 is 3 points fine between £35-£135 due to being self employed and using profits as my weekly wage, cheers looks like its worthwhile making them take me to court and chancing my luck. 68 is a different ball game though. :cry:

be very wary of pepishite. following their advice regarding a speeding ticket i got a few years ago landed me with a summons for attempting to pevert the course of justice

stagedriver:
It doesn’t have to be bang on I’m afraid, the PF will be using 65 as it is set in ranges, so for example 70 in a ■■ = ■■

The motorway in that area is 50 for a reason, and as some member on here will know what my previous employment was on that road…

Theres only one reason they sit there at 2.30 in the morning, 4 lanes of empty motorway.

Well 2, their canteen is round the corner.

Nothing to do with safety at that time, its about meeting targets and extracting cash.

Nate:

aranger:

be very wary of pepishite. following their advice regarding a speeding ticket i got a few years ago landed me with a summons for attempting to pevert the course of justice

When you say a summons, do you mean you were actually tried and convicted? If so, what did you do?

Otherwise, perhaps you were just out-maneouvered by the police, and the PCJ summons had the effect of making you admit the speeding offence.

aranger:
Theres only one reason they sit there at 2.30 in the morning, 4 lanes of empty motorway.

And that reason is to catch those who choose to break the law

ste87:

Nate:

aranger:

When you say a summons, do you mean you were actually tried and convicted? If so, what did you do?

Otherwise, perhaps you were just out-maneouvered by the police, and the PCJ summons had the effect of making you admit the speeding offence.

No ste, I got done by the traffic cops on motorway and got a ticket but just left it.

Then a few months later the PF sent me a letter offering me the same £60 and 3 point deal again but the speed was slightly different, seems thats o/k and its not a way out. Tbh I was trying my luck as you hear that legal stuff has to be spot on all the time.

Just a bit peeved at the circumstances, Polis are just like paid School monitors these days though.

It is a bad bit of road at peak times but honestly I could have stopped and crapped in the outside lane and there would have been no danger, wouldnt have got charged either because that wouldnt have been in their robot handbook. lol

ROG:

aranger:

Glad your happy thats how your public servants are choosing to spend your cash, next time your house is robbed at 2.30 in the morning you`ll be delighted they are doing drivers for speeding up 100 yards before a sign. lol

aranger:

ROG:

aranger:

Glad your happy thats how your public servants are choosing to spend your cash, next time your house is robbed at 2.30 in the morning you`ll be delighted they are doing drivers for speeding up 100 yards before a sign. lol

Logic - if drivers chose not to break the law then the police would go and do something else such as looking for burglars so in effect it is the drivers who are preventing those funds being used in the way you would like