speeding ticket

Been caught speeding in my truck 38 in a 30, lost concentration for a moment and it was stupid fair enuff been caught. Question is am i likely to be offered speed awareness course or will it be points and fine no options, by the way i was caught in warwickshire

alterego:
Been caught speeding in my truck 38 in a 30, lost concentration for a moment and it was stupid fair enuff been caught. Question is am i likely to be offered speed awareness course or will it be points and fine no options, by the way i was caught in warwickshire

It depends on whether the area are doing speed awareness courses or not, and if it’s your 1st offence.

Most likely though 3 points and 60 quid fine.

Easily done mate, even for someone who drives as slowly as me, not been done yet, but I’ve had to stamp on anchors when I’ve looked at speedo - but, I’ve also been on a motorway and realised my cruise has turned off and I’m down to 30 odd before I realised :smiley:

I ve been told by one of our drivers that was caught speeding that if youre doing 10 mph or less over the limit that they do give you that option ,he was 11 over so got 3 points and £60 fine.
So you may find you’ll be offered that mate.(fingers crossed for ya)

I was on A5 nr Rugby truck stop, heading to j18 M1. 68 In a 60…3 points plus fine! Was 5 years ago.

Brother in law got caught 38 in a 30 about 2 years ago and went on the course rather than take the points, said it was 90 quid for a day

I got done oppisite the Belfry a couple of months ago.Igot the option of a Speed Awareness Course and took it.Cost me 88 quid and it wasnt as bad as i thourght,i was doin 45 i think in a 50 zone but it is a single carriageway and i wasnt concentrating at 2 in the morning.I was told that stretch of road has a special camera or sensors on the road for detecting HGVs :open_mouth:

Ive just had a conditional offer of 60 quid and three points for 37mph in a 30 mph limit…this was in Lincoln and unfortunately there was no offer of a speed awareness course…this will be my first points for 6 years…just part of the job these days i suppose :cry:

BIGRIG:
I got done oppisite the Belfry a couple of months ago.Igot the option of a Speed Awareness Course and took it.Cost me 88 quid and it wasnt as bad as i thourght,i was doin 45 i think in a 50 zone but it is a single carriageway and i wasnt concentrating at 2 in the morning.I was told that stretch of road has a special camera or sensors on the road for detecting HGVs :open_mouth:

Polish lad I worked with got done on that same camera twice in two days. Not the brightest spark in the world and that was at 2am both times doing 50

i got done in warwickshire around 4 years ago and did,nt get offered the course.
as it was my first and only fine to date i phoned up and asked about the courses and was told professional drivers dont get offered the course in warwickshire, we should know better.

I did a speed awareness course three years ago,was told you can only do it if you are no more than 5 mph over the designated speed for the road you were caught on.I was doing 35 in a 30 mph.

BIGRIG:

45mph? That’s nothing, I thought 50 was the norm for most lorry drivers these days. Was doing about 45 along A40 toward Witney bypass and had a copper behind on blues, sped upto 55 to get to twin tracks to let him by. As he passed heard a horn beep and cop in passenger seat gave thumbs up and mouthed “Thank you”. Nice to know some coppers have common sense. I usually do 44 (70km is limit for many EU countries anyway) but get other trucks weaving about behind, especially if the road is wide.

alterego:

Were you caught in one of those stupid 30 limits near Stratford A3400? Wide roads, houses well away from the road and never any pedestrians? Alderminster and Newbold on Stour are 2 that irritate me.

The OP is likely to be offered the speed awareness course. The cost is NOT a fine but a charge and no points of course. So no need to tell your insurer or anyone else.

speed awareness is def offered for car offences in Warks
you will be adviced to to tell insurers
pity the course dont count towards Dcpc
as its very interesting

Two of our drivers got done in Warks in the last 12 months, none got the offer of a course.

Both had already got at least 3 points on their licence though.

I got snapped on the A5 in May 2009, 47 in a 40, 3 points and £60 fine, points already on my licence too. :unamused:

hitch:
speed awareness is def offered for car offences in Warks
you will be adviced to to tell insurers

The one I went on was in Northampton but we were advised that “since we had NOT been convicted of anything” we had no need to tell insurers.

My girlfriends brother got caught doing 58 in a 30, offered the speed awareness course (This was Essex Police) and was never charged but just sent a DVD through the post, had to sign a bit of paper to say he’d watched it, post that off and that was it!

Blissy:
Ive just had a conditional offer of 60 quid and three points for 37mph in a 30 mph limit…this was in Lincoln and unfortunately there was no offer of a speed awareness course…this will be my first points for 6 years…just part of the job these days i suppose :cry:

The one in town just after going down a steep hill? ■■■■■■■ s aren’t they!

Just a quick update, got the offer throgh this morn, to go on speed awareness course £60 and no points, brilliant :smiley:

alterego:
Just a quick update, got the offer throgh this morn, to go on speed awareness course £60 and no points, brilliant :smiley:

Well done. Lucky you!