Speeding in car/affect on LGV entitlement

So the lad I’m working with today got caught in a works car TWICE (once in each direction :confused:) in different directions on the A690 near Houghton Le Spring.

The speed on this stretch for those that don’t know is 50mph and he got caught at 72 in one direction and 70 the other way, he potentially faces band B penalties (4-6 points 100% fine and disqualification which varys) I’d assume he’d face these penalties twice as he got caught twice (yes he lacks intelligence)

He’s worried he’ll lose his LGV entitlement if he gets 6 points or more as he hasn’t been passed for two years, I thought that only applied to once you’d passed your first driving test?

It does.

xichrisxi:
It does.

Only applies to passing your first test?

Ghiabox:

xichrisxi:
It does.

Yes.

Well that’s one less thing he has to worry about, I’m not fond of the lad but he has a wife and kids to support so trying to find things out for him.

Getting caught twice at 70+ in a 50 zone he has only have himself to blame, works car or not.Some people just never learn except the hard way.

xichrisxi:

Ghiabox:

xichrisxi:
It does.

Yes.

yes

Sorry, I don´t understand. Can someone clarify for me , please?

steviespain:

When you first pass your car test if you get 6 points within the first 2 years you have your licence taken off you.

Ooooh, that´s new to me!
thanks.

If he passed his car test and accrued those points within 2 years, he’d loose the licence
If he passed his car test and then passed his hgv test soon after and accrued the points within 2 years of the car test, he’d loose both as far as I understand.

If he passed his car test, 2 years elapsed then passed his hgv test, the two year rule is done and he keeps both licences.
The 2 year rule only applies to car test, it doesn’t start again for hgv test.

That’s my understanding at least.

lolipop:
Getting caught twice at 70+ in a 50 zone he has only have himself to blame, works car or not.Some people just never learn except the hard way.

Well actually no, he cant remember if he was driving so is trying to pass blame onto the second man who is also insured to drive the vehicles, but as he signed his chart and probably logged into the PDA to check the vehicle off it’ll be hard to argue even though hes going to argue it and wants proof he was driving both times.

In short, no he wont learn hes pretty dense.

109LWB:
If he passed his car test and accrued those points within 2 years, he’d loose the licence
If he passed his car test and then passed his hgv test soon after and accrued the points within 2 years of the car test, he’d loose both as far as I understand.

If he passed his car test, 2 years elapsed then passed his hgv test, the two year rule is done and he keeps both licences.
The 2 year rule only applies to car test, it doesn’t start again for hgv test.

That’s my understanding at least.

Yeah thats my understanding too.

steviespain:

As said, if you get 6 points in the first 2 years from passing you first driving test your licence is cancelled and you have to apply for a provisional licence then take the theory and practical driving tests again.

edit: Ignore this post the question was answered while my clumsy fingers were typing :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

Wow. That´s a bit of a ■■■■■■■■
What happened to fairness and equality for all. New drivers being discriminated against by having different laws applied to them.

Anyways…if he was driving, he´s an idiot.
If he wasn´t he needs to get his mate to own up.

steviespain:
Wow. That´s a bit of a [zb]!
What happened to fairness and equality for all. New drivers being discriminated against by having different laws applied to them.

Anyways…if he was driving, he´s an idiot.
If he wasn´t he needs to get his mate to own up.

It is fair and all are treated equally - your gender, religion, race, disability etc make no difference to the rule that if you accumulate 6 points within two years of passing your test, your licence is revoked and you have to reapply and retake your theory and practical tests.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Doing 34 in a 30 limit twice, 6 points, gimme your licence. Start again.
Doesn´t seem fair to me.

Did you, sorry…your mate, get done off a camera or a mobile car/van?. I go over that way sometimes.

If you was a footballer or famous you’d be fine just get a fine and.keep your licence
Maybe you need look up that lawyer Mr loophole plead your case. It’s my living my wife kids will starve be made homeless etc.
Therees no excuse though really for what you did

while we’re on the subject of cameras is that one on walkway / bridge above 50 mph r/works on a43 around silver stone , it looks like a mobile light base with
a camera on a pole , only noticed it a few weeks ago , maybe r/works finished by now

Since I passed my test and my licence is now my livelihood, I drive like an absolute Grandad now. If I lose my licence I risk my mortgage…not gonna happen. I’d rather stick to the speed limits and get there a couple of minutes later, than hoof it one and lose everything I’ve worked so hard for.

I’d have thought others would have been the same, if your friend valued his licence enough he wouldn’t have been speeding. Good luck to him though, would hate to think he would lose it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk