Speeding in car/affect on LGV entitlement

Ghiabox:
Well actually no, he cant remember if he was driving so is trying to pass blame onto the second man who is also insured to drive the vehicles,

Wants to be very very very careful about doing that because it changes from a motoring offence to perverting the course of justice with a go to prison sentence for the pair of them if they find he was lying. There’s a Peterborough MP just going through the judicial system now for doing just that.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-44957896

dozy:
while we’re on the subject of cameras is that one on walkway / bridge above 50 mph r/works on a43 around silver stone , it looks like a mobile light base with
a camera on a pole , only noticed it a few weeks ago , maybe r/works finished by now

WTF is this, a dozy post without smileys, did old william remove then from your device?

dozy:
while we’re on the subject of cameras is that one on walkway / bridge above 50 mph r/works on a43 around silver stone , it looks like a mobile light base with
a camera on a pole , only noticed it a few weeks ago , maybe r/works finished by now

I think you’ll find that was part of the traffic control system for the F1 Grand Prix weekend in early July.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
Since I passed my test and my licence is now my livelihood, I drive like an absolute Grandad now. If I lose my licence I risk my mortgage…not gonna happen. I’d rather stick to the speed limits and get there a couple of minutes later, than hoof it one and lose everything I’ve worked so hard for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

As you probably notice when in urban areas those that go flying past you breaking the speed limit just get to the next set of lights a bit sooner. I call them non achievers.

cheekymonkey:
Did you, sorry…your mate, get done off a camera or a mobile car/van?. I go over that way sometimes.

Legit not me, I’ve been caught doing 80 on the 64 in a merc sprinter van and got 3 points (due off this year) and had an SAC beginning of this year, lesson learned for me.

And he’s not my mate!

Conor:

Ghiabox:
Well actually no, he cant remember if he was driving so is trying to pass blame onto the second man who is also insured to drive the vehicles,

Wants to be very very very careful about doing that because it changes from a motoring offence to perverting the course of justice with a go to prison sentence for the pair of them if they find he was lying. There’s a Peterborough MP just going through the judicial system now for doing just that.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-44957896

Interesting, I’ll pass that on!

It doesn’t matter what you drive the points will go on the HGV licence also.
Some laws do get me very angry I must admit. If I were out with the missus for a meal and had a drink then stopped my blood alcohol limit is only allowed to be half the limit for a car driver, I find this really cruel, why should being under the influence be more severe just because I actually drive a truck for a living, why should a person with a car licence be allowed to have more alcohol in their blood stream than me, just because I hold a CDL licence. Another unfair law is the phone one. If a car driver is stopped for using a cell phone while driving it’s 3 points and a $250 fine, if I get stopped and it is discovered that I hold a CDL licecnce I would get 10 points and a $2,500 fine.
It doesn’t matter that I would be driving a car.

Pat Hasler:
Some laws do get me very angry I must admit. If I were out with the missus for a meal and had a drink then stopped my blood alcohol limit is only allowed to be half the limit for a car driver, I find this really cruel, why should being under the influence be more severe just because I actually drive a truck for a living, why should a person with a car licence be allowed to have more alcohol in their blood stream than me, just because I hold a CDL licence. Another unfair law is the phone one. If a car driver is stopped for using a cell phone while driving it’s 3 points and a $250 fine, if I get stopped and it is discovered that I hold a CDL licecnce I would get 10 points and a $2,500 fine.

I agree it does seem perverse. I guess the idea is that professional drivers are held to a higher standard?

Is that similar in other occupations? People who use words or speak for a living should be held to higher standards of honesty maybe. So a politician who “mis-speaks” or says “why would they” instead of
“why wouldn’t they” gets what?
No penalties it seems?

Re drink/drive -
Pilots have stricter laws when flying planes, and I see some sense there; but pilots are on same level as others when driving their cars.
Indeed is there any “safe” level for alcohol if driving any vehicle?
Since I enjoy a glass of plonk with a meal I’d hate to see a zero law. I believe there is an offence of driving under the influenceof drugs in the UK, but how is this measured? Is it any trace of certain drugs for a bust, Or are there specified levels?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Pat Hasler:

Strange that in some states you are allowed to use a mobile phone when driving, there’s a video doing the rounds of an American police officer hitting a cyclist head on as the police officer was using his phone at the wheel, I think it was in Missouri heres a video link (its nothing brutal the cyclist walked it off as the officer was going pretty slow) click here

Franglais:
I believe there is an offence of driving under the influenceof drugs in the UK, but how is this measured? Is it any trace of certain drugs for a bust, Or are there specified levels?

Someone likes cocaine on the weekends :laughing:

Ghiabox:

Pat Hasler:

Strange that in some states you are allowed to use a mobile phone when driving, there’s a video doing the rounds of an American police officer hitting a cyclist head on as the police officer was using his phone at the wheel, I think it was in Missouri heres a video link (its nothing brutal the cyclist walked it off as the officer was going pretty slow) click here

Franglais:
I believe there is an offence of driving under the influenceof drugs in the UK, but how is this measured? Is it any trace of certain drugs for a bust, Or are there specified levels?

Someone likes cocaine on the weekends [emoji38]

Slow Hand does it well !

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

he wants proof he was driving both times.
He wants to be careful what he wishes for. The new digital cameras are very high definition.
It sounds like his only hope is to take it on the chin and plead “Special Hardship” This isn’t a get out of jail free card. If he still doesn’t learn his lesson, he can’t use it again for 3 years. He needs to get a solicitor fast (though not 70mph obviously)