Speed thru road works

Hi, when you are travelling thru roadworks with a 50mph, what speed do you go thru them at?? I tend to cruise at 76 KPH…

gurj254:
Hi, when you are travelling thru roadworks with a 50mph, what speed do you go thru them at?? I tend to cruise at 76 KPH…

and therein lies the problem your 76km/h means that at the rear of the queue people are down to 60km/h or less, if conditions allow then do 80km/h and keep the traffic moving

mazzer:

gurj254:

and therein lies the problem your 76km/h means that at the rear of the queue people are down to 60km/h or less, if conditions allow then do 80km/h and keep the traffic moving

This , usually 52-53ish

So everyone sets there cruise to 80KPH??

gurj254:

Never have it on cruise unless it’s quiet , but I’ll try and keep to 53ish max although it’s not always possible

If the limit’s 50 and the traffic is flowing at at least 50, then 50 it is

gurj254:

If it’s safe to do so then yes i’ll set it to 80-81 kph.

i just sit on the limiter if it’s working. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool. Am new to driving world. Been slowing down, was worried about apeeding tickets against how much it cost me to get license, so have been playing extra safe. I will increase up a few notches by the sound of it…

If its a 50 limit, then I won’t go over that. But when I approach the area where the guys are working, then I slow down a fair bit. Its just something I do cos I know what its like to be working near live lanes when traffic is travelling fast. Its not a pleasent feeling, hence why I slow down a bit.

78 - 81 on the limiter never on cruise
you would have to run miles over speed to get a ticket
as its mostly average cams

damoq:
If its a 50 limit, then I won’t go over that. But when I approach the area where the guys are working, then I slow down a fair bit. Its just something I do cos I know what its like to be working near live lanes when traffic is travelling fast. Its not a pleasent feeling, hence why I slow down a bit.

I’ll slow it down abit aswell, same as tyre fitters on the hard shoulder I move over if I can

hitch:

Out of interest, how much would you need to be doing to get a ticket??

gurj254:

hitch:

Out of interest, how much would you need to be doing to get a ticket??

I would say at least 57 if not more. Just stick to 50 you’ll be fine.

That’s the problem drivers seeing the speed limit as a target, I tend to drop down to 40/45 through motorway road works.

That ladies and gentleman is the problem we have on the roads these days, attitude… You drive to the conditions and not the numbers, afterall if something horrible was to go wrong near these workers who risk their lifes just to pay their way, you will probably come out alive, whereas… il leave you with this… youtu.be/QZXqdLk8Mok

mastesallan:
That’s the problem drivers seeing the speed limit as a target, I tend to drop down to 40/45 through motorway road works.

And ■■■■ every one else behind you off :imp:

full steam ahead 56 mph, never got a ticket.

dri-diddly-iver:

mastesallan:

And ■■■■ every one else behind you off :imp:

Who cares, it is not your job to keep the guy behind you happy, it is your job to stay within the law.

Why do we keep getting these threads by so called professional drivers? And we wonder why we get such bad press.

The sign says 50, you keep it below that, end of.

gurj254:

You are new to driving, don’t listen to some of the posters here, the sign says 50, you keep below that, no matter what the others tell you to do, it is your license, your career and God forbid the life of some poor sod trying to make a living behind those cones.