Speed limiters for cars

Apparently…

Cars may possibly be limited from July 2022.

autotrader.co.uk/content/ne … -from-2022

BMW’s elephant racing on the M1 :smiley:

Great news. They’ll be less sales of porsche, ferrari, bmw, mercedes etc, I imagine, but that’s a good thing, they’re usually driven by inconsiderate muppets.

This is the best news ever & can’t come quick enough…

It’ll never happen. Political suicide for whichever ideological conglomerate introduces it. Where would the shortfall in revenue be made up?

Star down under.:
It’ll never happen. Political suicide for whichever ideological conglomerate introduces it. Where would the shortfall in revenue be made up?

It’s already EU law & UK is going to adopt it also, but if you read the above link it says the system can be turned off. It will however still play an annoying sound to remind you your speeding. :laughing:

drover:

Star down under.:

It’s already EU law & UK is going to adopt it also, but if you read the above link it says the system can be turned off. It will however still play an annoying sound to remind you your speeding. :laughing:

Crank up the tunes. :wink:

Some, such as mine already are…

at 155mph

There’s so much electronics in modern cars it will be no stretch for roadside equipment to decide what speed we can travel at and impose it.

You don’t need to break the speed limit to have fun.

My Mighty Hog is already speed limited. :stuck_out_tongue:

Car makers with these ISA systems are also required by the EU to report back to them & upload all the data from cars with these ISA (Intelligent Speed Assist) systems as to when the ISA was switched ON or OFF or if drivers are paying attention to the ISA system, which would mean owners of these cars would have to make regular trips to the dealership for data extraction unless they come up with OTA (Over The Air) ability. :open_mouth:

Don’t see why you’d have to take it back to the dealers.
They already know where the car is…where it’s been…the manner it’s been driven…and even how much fuel you have.
Am I right in thinking volvo have been able to remotely diagnose faults with their lorries…for quite some time,now?

commonrail:
Am I right in thinking volvo have been able to remotely diagnose faults with their lorries…for quite some time,now?

I heard that too, not much of a stretch to believe seeing as Aero engine manufacturers have been monitoring their products for years.

commonrail:

Scania certainly have. I remember about 20 years ago I phoned Scania Assist to say I had a problem and they already knew what the problem was and even where the truck was parked!!

They can even immobilise them remotely if you haven’t kept up with the payments :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

whisperingsmith:
They can even immobilise them remotely if you haven’t kept up with the payments :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Fortunately I worked for a company that bought their vehicles outright :slight_smile:

commonrail:
Don’t see why you’d have to take it back to the dealers.
They already know where the car is…where it’s been…the manner it’s been driven…and even how much fuel you have.

It’s the only way they’ll be able to download the ISA data as to when it’s active or been switched off. They will be able to match GPS with speed limits of the road it’s been driven on too.

so car drivers complain when 2 or more wagons try to pass each other doing 52 to 56mph, then we have all cars doing same 68 to 70mph lol, good idea watch out for the road rage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

jowett1969:
so car drivers complain when 2 or more wagons try to pass each other doing 52 to 56mph, then we have all cars doing same 68 to 70mph lol, good idea watch out for the road rage

I foresee increased demand for old cars which don’t use electronics, can’t see limiters being retrofitted.

Buckstones:

jowett1969:

I foresee increased demand for old cars which don’t use electronics, can’t see limiters being retrofitted.

I can see the next generation not being interested in the actual driving of cars on roads, they will only want to get from A to B. Some may drive off public roads as sport/leisure, but attitudes will change.
If the new vehicles become more autonomous, as they will, there won’t be drivers whose egos demand they overtake to gain a few seconds. With new vehicles and new regs the norms will change.
We oldies may think it’s stepping backward, the next generation will see it as progress, and the future belongs to them.