Speed limiters for cars

Buckstones:

jowett1969:
so car drivers complain when 2 or more wagons try to pass each other doing 52 to 56mph, then we have all cars doing same 68 to 70mph lol, good idea watch out for the road rage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I foresee increased demand for old cars which don’t use electronics, can’t see limiters being retrofitted.

The UK roads will resemble the roads of Cuba with people keeping hold of their old cars for as long as possible.

lancpudn:

commonrail:
Don’t see why you’d have to take it back to the dealers.
They already know where the car is…where it’s been…the manner it’s been driven…and even how much fuel you have.
Am I right in thinking volvo have been able to remotely diagnose faults with their lorries…for quite some time,now?

It’s the only way they’ll be able to download the ISA data as to when it’s active or been switched off. They will be able to match GPS with speed limits of the road it’s been driven on too.

Surely the tech is already in our cars.
My car knows what the speed limit is…and is obviously communicating with big brother.
The only reason it’s not transmitting ISA data,is because it doesn’t have ISA

commonrail:

lancpudn:

commonrail:
Don’t see why you’d have to take it back to the dealers.
They already know where the car is…where it’s been…the manner it’s been driven…and even how much fuel you have.
Am I right in thinking volvo have been able to remotely diagnose faults with their lorries…for quite some time,now?

It’s the only way they’ll be able to download the ISA data as to when it’s active or been switched off. They will be able to match GPS with speed limits of the road it’s been driven on too.

Surely the tech is already in our cars.
My car knows what the speed limit is…and is obviously communicating with big brother.
The only reason it’s not transmitting ISA data,is because it doesn’t have ISA

It doesn’t have ISA?
Are you sure?
[emoji8]

Well if it does…I don’t have to go to the dealers to have it downloaded

> lancpudn:
> The UK roads will resemble the roads of Cuba with people keeping hold of their old cars for as long as possible.

That will be me with my 1998 C230 Kompressor Merc then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve noticed on some roads the speed on the satnav doesn’t match the posted speed, I’ve been down roads the satnav says is 30mph when its actually the national speed limit!!

commonrail:

It hasn’t started yet, July 2022 when it comes into force.

Another thing with this speed limit reading radar tech in new cars is how are these cars going to differentiate speed limit road signs from following an HGV with a max speed limit safety sticker on the back of the trailer?

That’s type approval after July 22. :wink:

Oops

Still running her in…mind

lancpudn:

commonrail:

It hasn’t started yet, July 2022 when it comes into force.

Another thing with this speed limit reading radar tech in new cars is how are these cars going to differentiate speed limit road signs from following an HGV with a max speed limit safety sticker on the back of the trailer?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I need to get some large ‘30’ speed limit roundel stickers to put on the back of trailers for July 2022. :laughing:

In the 1970’s many of the cars I had to drive (Taxi’s) had speed limiters set at 55mph, and to be honest they were dangerous! There were many times that I needed a kick down override to overtake someone in a situation that could have been dangerous if I could not get past. The police and taxi licencing people actually ruled that they had to be disabled or set to 70mph at least.

youtu.be/PeMvMNpvB5M

commonrail:
https://youtu.be/PeMvMNpvB5M

Did you really mean to post that video? It has naff all to do with the subject in the thread…

No you’re right.

Meant to post this.

youtu.be/XflP9D53slY

You can pick them up :imp: