Speed freaks only!

After reading the fastest speeds clocked pre limiter days I noticed someone mentioned the speed done in a car so…what’s the highest speed you have done on 2, 4 or more wheels?

My highest in a car was 155 mph in a 3 litre Alpha on the autobahn in Germany.

On 2 wheels though at Elvington I clocked 206 mph (true speed) on a Kawasaki ZX 12R which was de restricted from the 186 when new. It was also highly tuned.

In my youth it was the thing to do the ton which I did manys a time on old British bikes but never ever thought I would do double that!

TBH Nothing to it, head behind fairing ,through the gears (0 to 100 mph is 4 secs apparently) and keep going hoping the front tyre doesn’t blow!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: What’s this Jakey, a change of image or what?
Are you sick of being slagged off so you’re trying to fit in, and join us ‘‘cool lads’’ who sit on the back of the bus on a school trip ? :smiley:

Sorry mate, but I can’t help thinking of that Alan Partridge episode when he had the builders in his gaff, and he tried to be ‘laddish’ with them asking if …they watched the match last night, and if they got their leg over, but was shot down in flames… :laughing:

225 km/h. No idea what that is in Mp/h.

M20 direction Dover…Allegedly…

1988 M6 n/bound between Catterlen and Carlisle, 3 am ish, 140mph in my XJS Jag.
Still had a bit to go if I’d gone with it.

robroy:
:shock: :open_mouth: What’s this Jakey, a change of image or what?
Are you sick of being slagged off so you’re trying to fit in, and join us ‘‘cool lads’’ who sit on the back of the bus on a school trip ? :smiley:

Sorry mate, but I can’t help thinking of that Alan Partridge episode when he had the builders in his gaff, and he tried to be ‘laddish’ with them asking if …they watched the match last night, and if they got their leg over, but was shot down in flames… :laughing:

Mr holier than though coming over to the dark side with his recent posts, what a joke

On my old GSXR1100k (the last of the oil cooled ones) and with a probably optimistic speedo I clocked an indicated 190mph on the Autobahn19 near Thirsk :wink:

My race bikes obviously didn’t have speedos but my Blade passed the beam on Sulby straight at 187mph.

160mph due to gearing, that top speed comes up fast in my 370bhp civic :laughing:

I’ve personally only seen 145 in a car, genuine speed with a correct speedometer, dual carriageway slight curves become fairly sharp bends at that speed.

Two of my biker mates were bubbling over with praise for the bloke in a big Merc SL sports jobbie they came up behind, they were doing around 140 and he left them comfortably and rapidly, A14.

Would anyone dare risk it now? sensible speeders i know try to keep under the magic ton these days.

robroy:

Nope not sick of anything and there’s a few on here I certainly don’t want to fit in with. :wink: I always speak my mind and am not biased like some. I just love this forum you know. Always expect the unexpected and you can’t go wrong. :laughing:

165 MPH in my 5 speed manual 6 Litre XJRS engined XJ12 running on ITB’s,on more than one occasion.Including Basle to Kehl in around 30 minutes and almost 20 gallons of petrol used to cover that distance. :smiley:

I know some of you are going to call me a Bull ■■■■■■■■ but I got to 70mph on the M25 on a Friday afternoon. :laughing:

robroy:
1988 M6 n/bound between Catterlen and Carlisle, 3 am ish, 140mph in my XJS Jag.
Still had a bit to go if I’d gone with it.

But did it sound and go like this one rob. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=CFVOXsVN97Y

175 indicated on the nordschleife on my ‘98 R1 about 15 years ago. Wish I still had it!
155 indicated on the corrected digital speedo in my E92 330d.

robroy:

^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
cringeworth in all aspects…and so is this clip

youtube.com/watch?v=eEc00LB3eKo

Absolute rebels. I sit at 52mph regardless of what i drive.

I just leave a bit earlier to make it to my destination on time.

dieseldog999:

robroy:

^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
cringeworth in all aspects…and so is this clip

youtube.com/watch?v=eEc00LB3eKo

That’s the one. :laughing:

I’m gonna…

Include air travel so, I guess 500+mph whilst sipping a G&T in first class on my way to Vegas last year.

Fastest on land award goes to SNCF with a cracking effort of 193 mph between Paris and Lyon, which I measured with a speed tracking app on my phone.

160 mph in a Nissan GTR, 155 in a Nissan 350z and a BMW 750iL.

A hat tip to British Leyland for bending the needle in a Marathon.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m gonna…

Include air travel so, I guess 500+mph whilst sipping a G&T in first class on my way to Vegas last year.

Fastest on land award goes to SNCF with a cracking effort of 193 mph between Paris and Lyon, which I measured with a speed tracking app on my phone.

If we’re moving the goalposts…
I’ll claim about 180 to 200mph, with no mechanical assistance at that time.
Who’s gonna work that out?

robthedog:

robroy:

Mr holier than though coming over to the dark side with his recent posts, what a joke

Don’t drag me into it…

Franglais:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m gonna…

If we’re moving the goalposts…
I’ll claim about 180 to 200mph, with no mechanical assistance at that time.
Who’s gonna work that out?

Well, none apart from the aeroplane that took you skydiving :wink:

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk