Speed cameras

I think I got flashed by a speed camera this morning - doing 36mph in a 40 limit :confused:

They do flash for nothing sometimes. Mate who is in the police said its something to do with testing them.

i think the old 2 flash rule still applies as well, but if you were only doing 36 in a 40 no panic

chaversdad:
i think the old 2 flash rule still applies as well, but if you were only doing 36 in a 40 no panic

I think it was 2 flashes - so it was testing itself then…

Same happens in Scotland when the camera can’t tell the difference between a 7.5 tonner and a Class 2 +.
The tickets come through, write on the back 7.5 tonner, send it off and nothing becomes of it :smiley:

DAF95XF:
I think I got flashed by a speed camera this morning - doing 36mph in a 40 limit :confused:

could be a number of reasons - maybe it had reset itself to 30 and flashed loads that day - if that was he case then no NIPs will be sent out - if they are then send it back asking why they are doing you for 36 in a 40 !!!

Actually… 36 in a 40 … too slow… it’s a ‘too slow’ speed camera :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
too slow… it’s a ‘too slow’ speed camera :laughing: :laughing:

Thats me safe then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i remember a story on the radio some years back
a bloke goes past a camera below the speed limt and it flashed so he turned around and did it again
this time he went slightly slower and it flashed again so he turned around
this time he went relly slowly and it flashed again by this time he was fuming so turned around
at which point a copper jumps out from behing a hedge, stops him and asks what he’s doing
after explaining how slow he was going the copper replied
its not a speed camera we’re taking photos of people with no seat belt on so you’ve got 9 points so far :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
probably heard it on terry wogan so must be true :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

iv"e passed the one on cockburnspath bank in the dead of night with nothing(not even me) near it,and the camera has just gone off by itself.think its a self test,if thats any help.

welshboyinspain:
its not a speed camera we’re taking photos of people with no seat belt on so you’ve got 9 points so far

The 9 points bit gave it away - no points for not wearing one - just fine :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

welshboyinspain:
its not a speed camera we’re taking photos of people with no seat belt on so you’ve got 9 points so far

The 9 points bit gave it away - no points for not wearing one - just fine :wink: :laughing:

seem to remember vaguely that it might have been germany but didn’t put that bit up but was on radio 2 maybe steve wright?

maybe the road has been re-classified since you where last down it :confused: - and if it was a mistake they cant check the photos. That’s why you get the little white lines on road to measure distance v time to get speed or something along those lines. That’s about the only good thing about gatsos is that you can prove your innocence unlike scamara vans :imp:

ROG:

welshboyinspain:

You get £60 and 3 points over here in N.I. so it could have been true. :laughing: :laughing:

It took your picture so they can deduct 3 points from your licence and send you £60 for good behaviour

merc0447:
maybe the road has been re-classified since you where last down it :confused:

Not unless they changed the road from the night before it happened :laughing:

While on the subject of speed cameras does anyone know if theres something special about the ones they have on the A40 Witney to Oxford road, like are they set up for both HGVs and cars?

Was driving along this road about a month or so ago, national speed limit signs on this section and i was following a line of cars past the camera at 50mph and i got flashed, didnt think nothing of it but i just got the NIP through for doing 50mph on a single carriageway road :frowning:

Grayham:
While on the subject of speed cameras does anyone know if theres something special about the ones they have on the A40 Witney to Oxford road, like are they set up for both HGVs and cars?(

a lot of em are…I got done on the A439 going out of Stratford upon Avon…i’ve used that road loads of times too as we load out of Longmarston…i became a bit complacent one day and got done doing 46 in a 50 :wink: …most of the cameras on the A303 are set to the HGV limit also…i also got done last month for exceeding the VAN limit on a dual carriageway (i didn’t even know it existed) was a VW transporter…the limit was 70 but apparently cause the vans mgw exceeded 2500kg the limit is 60 :wink: …so im now the proud owner of 6 points just in the past year…so if you see me doin 40 on a single carriageway,give us a break :wink: (i never thought i’d EVER be saying that) :blush: :blush: :wink:

Grayham:
like are they set up for both HGVs and cars?

Most now are - they reset for each type

Grayham:
i just got the NIP through for doing 50mph on a single carriageway road

Banged to rights - pay it and say ‘thank you’ for the 3 points :exclamation:

Bet you’ll do 40 max on them SCs now… :question: :question:

ROG:

Nope :laughing:

ROG:

Steve-o:
Nope :laughing: