I dont mind being up to a hour late,
but they gave me 3 drops in Leeds to do first,
and this is going to be a regular occorrence now. :imp:

So obviously i was mighty peed of and had a go at the owner,
he,s opinion was,
“due to the lack of buisness ,
dont be suprised if get more drops”
rather than take some off ,
no extra pay , minimum wage non existent etc…

So i spat my dummy out and phoned in sick today
rather than
walk out of the job.

I,m back in tomorrow ,
(calmed down a bit)
but how much should i take.

I have a baby,mortgage wife etc…
but surely 60hrs for ÂŁ241 per week (after tax) is near on slavery.

Any views.
Appreciated.

Been here 6 months , but the days are getting longer and
my pay isnt getting bigger.
They thought we were all great whilst it was
busy at christmas.

Now i think its
“they,ve made their money,now us drivers can sod off” time

Tough one mate, theres not many jobs out there if you do quit, but they shouldnt be able to take the ■■■■ out of you. I know how you feel though mate Im salaried and some days its 15 hours and others its only 6-7 hours, just got to take the rough with the smooth at the minute in my opinion.

Do you have a contract which states your max weekly hours for the set amount of pay :question:

stay unless you got a job to go to or your better off financially on the dole

ROG:
Do you have a contract which states your max weekly hours for the set amount of pay :question:

States in contract ,
“48hr working week,but may be required to work
additional hours to end the days run,
as due to the nature of the buisness”

Im salaried and some days its 15 hours and others its only 6-7 hours, just got to take the rough with the smooth at the minute in my opinion.

My run is Newcastle to Manchester
so i am always over my hrs.

it use to be more distance less drops,
but now i keep getting additional drops.

neil46:
stay unless you got a job to go to or your better off financially on the dole

Agreed, but when the time is right there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a quiet talk with your boss and see if you can get more money for the extra hours.

I’m sure we’ve all done it but at the end of the day losing your temper rarely does any good :wink:

Macka Packa:
Started at 2.30am yesterday finished at 3.30pm

I am salaried for 8hrs a day,
but do the Newcastle run and it is impossible to
do it in 8 hrs (6 drops)

I dont mind being up to a hour late,
but they gave me 3 drops in Leeds to do first,
and this is going to be a regular occorrence now. :imp:

So obviously i was mighty peed of and had a go at the owner,
he,s opinion was,
“due to the lack of buisness ,
dont be suprised if get more drops”
rather than take some off ,
no extra pay , minimum wage non existent etc…

So i spat my dummy out and phoned in sick today
rather than
walk out of the job.

I,m back in tomorrow ,
(calmed down a bit)
but how much should i take.

I have a baby,mortgage wife etc…
but surely 60hrs for ÂŁ241 per week (after tax) is near on slavery.

Any views.
Appreciated.

Been here 6 months , but the days are getting longer and
my pay isnt getting bigger.
They thought we were all great whilst it was
busy at christmas.

Now i think its
“they,ve made their money,now us drivers can sod off” time

its a very tough one, i get paid 11 hrs, 55 hrs p.w and for ages i was doing really well out of it, 6/7 hrs most days, but things of late have taken a drastic change, im now doing 15s, 13, s , 12 s,.
got back to yard the other day at 8.30 after starting at 2.00 [ morr kettering] and would of in the past gone home, but was told to leave stuff in truck as now had to go and do a 13.00 booking at donny, finally got done at 15.30.
13.5 hrs instead of 6.5 hrs,
which is why ive now decided to go on the hourly paid contract , at least if im out there 15 hrs a day ill get paid for it , not keen but as theY say if you cant beat them join them.
ALL GOOD THINGS EVENTUALLY COME TO A END IM AFRAID

If you’re doing 60 hours per week, but paid for 48, Then you will need to take off 1 week after every 4 to conform to the WTD.

If you’re salaried then you’ll get paid. But he may not go along with that plan.

You could look for something else, Keep doing the 60 hours for now then send him a bill for the extra work, So keep a diary of the hours you’ve done.

If your boss is giving you more drops, Then he’s not doing it for free, He’s takeing the ■■■■ when he’s say ecconomic downturn / credit crunch, etc.
He’s getting busier.

ROG:

Macka Packa:
States in contract ,
“48hr working week,but may be required to work
additional hours to end the days run,
as due to the nature of the buisness”

On the ‘may be required to work additional hours’ - what does it state about those extra hours - does it say that those extra hours are included in the salary :question:

On the ‘may be required to work additional hours’ - what does it state about those extra hours - does it say that those extra hours are included in the salary

It just implies that some days you might finish early (not happened in 6 months), some days late.
like it or leave it

If your boss is giving you more drops, Then he’s not doing it for free, He’s takeing the ■■■■ when he’s say ecconomic downturn / credit crunch, etc.
He’s getting busier.

Drivers are leaving due to the pay etc…
so he,s splitting the drops between us,
claiming he cant afford to hire more staff.
(as he drives of in his 07 porsche)

Macka Packa:

On the ‘may be required to work additional hours’ - what does it state about those extra hours - does it say that those extra hours are included in the salary

It just implies that some days you might finish early (not happened in 6 months), some days late.
like it or leave it

sounds like a job for an employment contract expert such as a qualified union rep as, to a simpleton like me, it seems that there might be an issue on wages to hours done…

Macka Packa:

Drivers are leaving due to the pay etc…
so he,s splitting the drops between us,
claiming he cant afford to hire more staff.
(as he drives of in his 07 porsche)

So he’s got the same amount of work as before and possibly more.
I was discussing this sort of thing a few weeks ago.
Some employers are using the words, Recession / ecconomic downturn and credit cruch, as an excuse to push their existing employees to their limits.

Some employers are using the words, Recession / ecconomic downturn and credit cruch, as an excuse to push their existing employees to their limits.

Or simply work for nothing. Like has been tried on me. :unamused: er no.

Anyway, in that situation when your paid for 48 and have done you quota in fours days, perhaps you should be mentioning this and only doing 4 days a week. :question: :bulb:

i don’t mean to be picky but when you were slagging people off for working for minimum wage (IE £5.73PH ) like in this thread Page 2 of the thread and this one page 5 then i guess it is a case of what goes around comes around!

i know its not ideal but looking at your wages and the hours you say you are doing you are working for £5 an hour so don’t slag anyone off for working for minimum wage, or tell the truth about what you are getting paid!

if you are contracted for 48 then you are ÂŁ6.35ph so i guess its take the rough with the smooth. at least you have a job unlike some folk on here.

either put up or get out.

simple really

I like the fact due to lack of work you’ve got to do more!
Just don’t be too hasty to slap him about till you find a better job

i don’t mean to be picky but when you were slagging people off for working for minimum wage (IE £5.73PH ) like in this thread Page 2 of the thread and this one page 5 then i guess it is a case of what goes around comes around!

i know its not ideal but looking at your wages and the hours you say you are doing you are working for £5 an hour so don’t slag anyone off for working for minimum wage, or tell the truth about what you are getting paid!

My point on this issue was
“i wouldnt drive a atric for minimum wage”

Since i am relegated to a 3.5 tonner now,
~(only job i could find)
i accept i should be on around the minimum wage mark.

My arguement is when i took the job i did a 48 hr week,
and since jan
i am doing a 60 hr week for the same pay.
(in a supposed recession)

either put up or get out

Got a interview Tuesday
(wont mention i was on the sick when i phoned)
ÂŁ6.75P/H so at least i,ll get paid what i work.

Macka Packa:

My point on this issue was
“i wouldnt drive a atric for minimum wage”

Since i am relegated to a 3.5 tonner now,
~(only job i could find)
i accept i should be on around the minimum wage mark.

I see. Sorry for reading it wrong :blush: !

(but i would rather drive a 44t than 3.5t for min wage (less ■■■■■■■ and dumping!)

I guess a job is better than no job but they are taking the ■■■■ a bit.

Macka Packa:
My arguement is when i took the job i did a 48 hr week,
and since jan
i am doing a 60 hr week for the same pay.
(in a supposed recession)

either put up or get out

Got a interview Tuesday
(wont mention i was on the sick when i phoned)
ÂŁ6.75P/H so at least i,ll get paid what i work.

Good luck with that and I hope you get the chance to tell them to shove their job and move on to your new one, but let’s hope the new one isn’t a pig in a poke.

All the best

but i would rather drive a 44t than 3.5t for min wage (less ■■■■■■■ and dumping!

Its been so long since i,ve driven one,
i,ll get a panic attack,
climbing in the cab :wink:

The sprinter van, seems too long and wide
for the roads now,
nevermind a 44 tonner :laughing:

Thats a pretty dire story, i always said that i would never say this, but i wouldn’t get out of bed for that money., I hope your fortunes change soon mate, nobody deserves to insulted with that paltry wage

but surely 60hrs for ÂŁ241 per week (after tax) is near on slavery

:open_mouth:

And when I was on ~260 for 39 hrs, then overtime times one and half or two (depends when) and 35 of overnight allowance so I was able to take home up to £625 per week for easy long distance job, I heard all the time “crap job for Poles, no British driver would work for such money” :unamused: