Sparks Transport kegworth

Good morning all I’ve got a query and was just wandering if anyone knows any info. I see sparks are advertising for drivers out of kegworth would that be out of Cott Beverages and if so what the jobs like? I’ve been tramping for over 15years and would like a day job to try and spend some more time with the kids ,so a 12 hour shift is really what I’m looking for. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated cheers guys!

They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

Why not phone them up and ask them yourself?

Yeah very good mate

I might not have explained myself enough in my initial post it’s not my intention to ask what the pay and fleet of trucks are like. My interest was raised because if they are running out of Cott Beverages does that mean Great Bear have lost the contract if so it’s a surprise because they’ve had that since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. When I asked what they’re like it was more a case of are they friendly? Do they let you get on with the job? And that sort of thing.

nogo:
I might not have explained myself enough in my initial post it’s not my intention to ask what the pay and fleet of trucks are like. My interest was raised because if they are running out of Cott Beverages does that mean Great Bear have lost the contract if so it’s a surprise because they’ve had that since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. When I asked what they’re like it was more a case of are they friendly? Do they let you get on with the job? And that sort of thing.

These questions are a bit pointless , if your face fits it’s a good place to work , if it’s not - then it’s not.

Four drivers may give four different reply’s .

I find the firms that state the wage without dressing it up in night out money and fuel bonus etc are the better ones to work for.

nogo:

Yes it will be from Cotts although they are now Refresco due to being taken over. Jigsaw Transport have been awarded the Refresco contract for the UK and Sparks are one of their partners.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why be an arse about it joe royal? Its no different to asking someone asking if the foods any good at a cafe or similar.

Don’t get why people have to be such a knob about simple everyday questions.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Beef:

nogo:

Yes it will be from Cotts although they are now Refresco due to being taken over. Jigsaw Transport have been awarded the Refresco contract for the UK and Sparks are one of their partners.

I’ve just looked at there blue sky thinking.dont laugh…all written by a pointy shoe management trainee.
jigsawtransport.com

Thank you gents I didn’t realise they had been taken over. You’ve certainly provided some food for thought.

joe royal:
They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

Sure I seen that quote before when someone asked about Betts in Cambridgeshire, oh well it keeps Joe royal amused :unamused:

elsa Lad:

joe royal:

Sure I seen that quote before when someone asked about Betts in Cambridgeshire, oh well it keeps Joe royal amused :unamused:

Joe Royal or aka Mr Wayne ker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:unamused:

joe royal:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s a forum, where you can ask questions like this. You may well get some good information. You may not. It’s worth asking. No need to be like that.

Beef:

nogo:

Where does great bear come in? I thought they did it or have they lost it?

Where does great bear come in? I thought they did it or have they lost it?
[/quote]
If Great Bear are not one of Jigsaw Transports partners then they will have lost it.

If this is Glastonbury sparks could be anything to do with the new nestle site? If so it could be of interest to me.

Their partners are listed at the bottom of the web site and Great Bear and Culina arent listed. Wonder if GB is keeping the trailers as Cotts paid for those exclusively for their use, from what they told me, but think GB actually owned them.

Did think I’d not seen any with the 42- and 40- ID numbers on the back up and down the M1 recently which were the Cotts ones.

Presumably they’ve bought the storage depot at Beaston as theres nowhere near enough storage at Kegworth.

Don’t know anything about Sparks, although didn’t get the impression the kit isn’t as new as GB stuff. Could be a culture shock for anyone who switched companies as no one is as laid back as Great Bear.

red7jase:
If this is Glastonbury sparks could be anything to do with the new nestle site? If so it could be of interest to me.

Yep it’s Sparks from Glastonbury. They’ve currently got the Refresco Bridgwater (formally Gerber) contract along with Gregorys. Refresco have recently bought Cotts in the UK and US making them the world’s largest independent bottler of beverages with 59 plants in Europe, the US, Canada and Mexico.
Refresco UK have just tendered the haulage contract and Jigsaw Transport have got it. As Sparks are a partner I assume they’ll now take all of the Bridgwater work and from the looks of it they’ll be doing Kegworth as well. Don’t know if they’ll be doing the other UK sites or if one of the other Jigsaw partners will get some.

El Deano:
Why be an arse about it joe royal? Its no different to asking someone asking if the foods any good at a cafe or similar.

Don’t get why people have to be such a knob about simple everyday questions.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well said you beat me to it

joe royal:

Err, maybe because no firm, if phoned up, would ever say “We are a crock of crap who will run you ragged and the money is ■■■”?

Just a thought, like. :unamused:

Beef:

red7jase:

Yep it’s Sparks from Glastonbury. They’ve currently got the Refresco Bridgwater (formally Gerber) contract along with Gregorys. Refresco have recently bought Cotts in the UK and US making them the world’s largest independent bottler of beverages with 59 plants in Europe, the US, Canada and Mexico.
Refresco UK have just tendered the haulage contract and Jigsaw Transport have got it. As Sparks are a partner I assume they’ll now take all of the Bridgwater work and from the looks of it they’ll be doing Kegworth as well. Don’t know if they’ll be doing the other UK sites or if one of the other Jigsaw partners will get some.

Sparks and Gregory’s currently do different work out of the same site. Gregory’s do the waters and Sparks do the juices. Not sure if Gregory’s are anything to do with Jigsaw