Spain ..... a warning

Resurrecting an old thread …

Spanish authorities have now refunded " deposits " paid for all offences except for speed limiter calibration.

I’ve had to pay 25% fee to Spanish company that paid fine and went to Court on my behalf. And the Spanish government has had my money for nearly 3 years.

I’m just glad that my trucks don’t run to Spain anymore and I don’t have to worry about paying any more massive deposits for alleged offences.

The fines seem much higher in the Basque area of Spain,a Portuguese haulier was relieved of several thousand euro for his rear marker plates on the trailer for not being orange enought,the sun had faded them,the bloke was nearly in tears,with a bundle of notes,trying to get past security at the police station,that looks like a space station and cost a few million to build off the San Sebastion toll road exit.
The days of “coffee money” are fading fast in the memory,Cherbourg Douanes on the take for expired 4 stamp permits,BI would ship me out on the 5 th stamp,pay them or the fine,stay or go,up to you.

david, can you give me the contact details of your man who dealt with it all for you, we have about 8k worth of deposits still to get back… really

we’re getting our own back.
guardian.co.uk/environment/2 … sfeed=true

i have nothing against the spanish people. but it’s about time we stopped them from travelling in the uk.
the polititions won’t do [zb] all, so we blockade dover, and folkestone.

Richmond…

Company that dealt with everything was http://www.guretruck.com

I used them a few weeks ago to help someone out who had run into 3003 euros worth of trouble with the G Civil near Salamanca.

Fiine was paid and truck on its way in under an hour.

thankyou, willl be getting onto them tomorrow !

I’d always thought stories of big fines in Spain were just stories until this week.

Last Friday , forgot to change cards on double manned truck … result € 3301 fine for driving 10 minutes on wrong card even though truck had been stationary for 3 hours waiting to load. Other driver sitting next to me.All card legal. 830 in the evening , payable in cash, truck immobilised.

Got that one sorted out ( BY PAYING ) , but am now sitting at Irun having been stopped for …

Copy of Authorisation,saying it is not original. It is original but has been laminated for protection … € 4600

Not recording car journey of 100 kms on chart to collect truck after 4 days at home … € 2100

Speed limiter not correct. Calibrated when truck was MOT d in Holland last month. € 1500

Scotsman parked next to me , download off card showed overspeed 95 kph for 5 kms 10 days ago., € 1500

Waiting in lorry prison to speak to lawyer in Madrid and Scania in the morning.

My advice to anyone planning to drive to Spain

D O N T DO IT !!! THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY

that is ■■■■■■■ crazy .

i would get solicter and a bloody good one at that .

funny enough forign drivers in this country dont get fined anything like that saying that uk drivers get more fines

One of the reasons among many I don’t go over the water. Hardly worth going to work is it mate?! :open_mouth:

David,thats basque land for you,they have been like that for many years.(Euskadi),Vascoingles is on trucknet and may assist in your plight.He lives and works there too.Handwritting on an attestation activity form cost my boss a few grand in fines,i did request it to be done correctly before shipping out.The police said it was invalid.It was done from the computer,name and dates were biro.Sat for 7 days.Not pleasant,they paid me back.
Navara police have been clamping down,they wear bright red uniforms,and the vans and cars are red too,normaly hang out at the first peage South of Pamplona.On the whole i have found the Guardia Civile not so strict.
Am orange rear marker plate on the back of a Portuguese haulier cost him a few grand,cos it was not orange enough.(Sun faded it.).Long vehicle sign or Veiculo Longo in his language.

So called European harmonasation,each country seems to what it pleases,when they feel like it,when it should be the same,cant see that happening with VOSA with fixed penalties over here.Wonder how much the equilavent fine would be in the UK.MEP`s wont help us,local MP wont care.Just get a smug letter back from the House of commons.

I’ve got to say, the french and spanish really have it in for trucks with GB plates, although the peatje in pamplona usually have local fridges stopped there, there are a lot of british trucks stopped in Irun, on both sides of the border and I’ve yet to see a non-british truck stopped at the scales in poitiers

Christmas is coming for someone :exclamation: :open_mouth:

This is ■■■■■■■ discusting, I have never heard anything of the like, 13000 ■■■■■■■ grand in fines, this one my friend will be for the transport associations, even if you aren’t a member you can pay for the services, they will take it to Brussles where this attack on UK truckers must end. NOW!!! We all need to stand together with this, knights of the round table and all that, the french truckers stand together and win and now it’s our turn, we need to stop the ■■■■ being extracted from us! It’s about ■■■■■■■ time we took a stand against this regime to destroy Uk haulage, and our government are as guilty by not introducing the Eurovignette so we can have our road tax and fuel reduced therefore allowing us to compete with europe. Let us stand together and fight, after all we are a nation that win battles.

milodon:
I’ve got to say, the french and spanish really have it in for trucks with GB plates, although the peatje in pamplona usually have local fridges stopped there, there are a lot of british trucks stopped in Irun, on both sides of the border and I’ve yet to see a non-british truck stopped at the scales in poitiers

maybe it’s revenge for the " rule bending" that allegedly used to happen years ago :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JonnyRage:
This is [zb] discusting, I have never heard anything of the like, 13000 [zb] grand in fines, this one my friend will be for the transport associations, even if you aren’t a member you can pay for the services, they will take it to Brussles where this attack on UK truckers must end. NOW!!! We all need to stand together with this, knights of the round table and all that, the french truckers stand together and win and now it’s our turn, we need to stop the ■■■■ being extracted from us! It’s about [zb] time we took a stand against this regime to destroy Uk haulage, and our government are as guilty by not introducing the Eurovignette so we can have our road tax and fuel reduced therefore allowing us to compete with europe. Let us stand together and fight, after all we are a nation that win battles.

One thing that you can be assured of is that the Spanish police forces DO NOT give a ■■■■ in which country your vehicle is registered in - everyone including Spanish drivers/owners are treated exactly the same. Harshly!

Wow cant believe it, things dont change since late60s 70s 80s
My day give him a big bung if no bung, burn truck and trailer & load
hich home get another truck and trailer on finance they used to give them away
in those days, makes me laugh retired now but things dont change (good old days)

Danny fleetclean

david1686:
I’d always thought stories of big fines in Spain were just stories until this week.

Last Friday , forgot to change cards on double manned truck … result € 3301 fine for driving 10 minutes on wrong card even though truck had been stationary for 3 hours waiting to load. Other driver sitting next to me.All card legal. 830 in the evening , payable in cash, truck immobilised.

Got that one sorted out ( BY PAYING ) , but am now sitting at Irun having been stopped for …

Copy of Authorisation,saying it is not original. It is original but has been laminated for protection … € 4600

Not recording car journey of 100 kms on chart to collect truck after 4 days at home … € 2100

Speed limiter not correct. Calibrated when truck was MOT d in Holland last month. € 1500

Scotsman parked next to me , download off card showed overspeed 95 kph for 5 kms 10 days ago., € 1500

Waiting in lorry prison to speak to lawyer in Madrid and Scania in the morning.

My advice to anyone planning to drive to Spain

D O N T DO IT !!! THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY
[/quote]
MY ADVISE MATEY BURN THE LOT AND LEG IT