South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Cloth cap,
Morning Bob,
‘Bloggs’ was Graham Nicholls , his father had been a lighthouse keeper at Withernsea near
Hull. Iirc he was based at Nash Point then.
I still have a letter from Bloggs from when he worked in Papua New Guinea he worked for a company Hagan Hauliers who I believe we’re British owned (Scunthorpe springs to mind).
The last I heard of him he had an agricultural repair business on the Isle of Wight.
Do you remember the name of the other boy that started with him ?.
Allan.

Mrsteel:
Cloth cap,
Morning Bob,
‘Bloggs’ was Graham Nicholls , his father had been a lighthouse keeper at Withernsea near
Hull. Iirc he was based at Nash Point then.
I still have a letter from Bloggs from when he worked in Papua New Guinea he worked for a company Hagan Hauliers who I believe we’re British owned (Scunthorpe springs to mind).
The last I heard of him he had an agricultural repair business on the Isle of Wight.
Do you remember the name of the other boy that started with him ?.
Allan.

Morning Allan,

Bloggs was already there when I started with Raymonds, the only ones I remember apart from him was Ian James. There was a youngster who started while I was there but I can’t remember his name. I do remember he had fairly long hair and the boys in the workshop threatened to cut it forhim, didn’t see him much after that. He gave us a laugh one morning he said his moped was air locking, it turned out that if he went through apuddle of water the moped would go faster, it was probablly overheating and going through the water was cooling it down.

I only worked full time for Raymonds for about two years, so my memory on names is very sketchy.

Bob.

Cloth cap,
Hi Bob, Ianto boy new member Ian James ?.
Allan

Afternoon Allan

If it is Ian James he would know all about the sausages.

Last time I seen him was at JR’s funeral, we used to be quite friendly years ago and he is my sons godfather. I did get him a job in the Coal Board back in the day but he turned it down at the last moment.

Bob

Buzzer

406256725_318997867656470_5765682193254254286_n.jpg

Hi all,
Courtesy of Chris Williams from Haverfordwest. M. J. Williams,Always a very well presented fleet….

IMG_8530.jpeg

Hi all,
A few of BRS here,From various welsh depots.

IMG_0556.jpeg

Hi all,
Bryan Alexander Transport have been based on Pyle’s Village Farm Industrial Estate for decades.They’ve just put this very impressive DAF on the road.im guessing that the crane and its installation would possibly cost as much as the truck?

Hi all,
A merry Xmas to everyone on here.several old pictures found online with a south Wales connection….

Ivor D Morgan Leyland Beaver from 1969.

wales morgan cardiff 69 ppg psw.PNG

DEANB:
Ivor D Morgan Leyland Beaver from 1969.

Hi Dean,
Thank you,I’d never seen that advert before and although I remember Morgan’s,I wasn’t aware they were timber merchants,I think they were once something to do with early walking floors.Have a great Christmas and keep the photos coming please.
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
A few classic 8 wheelers from South Wales……

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_8350.jpeg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

is that in the lay bye waiting for my magic touch :laughing: :laughing: M8 Fairford happy days :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:
is that in the lay bye waiting for my magic touch :laughing: :laughing: M8 Fairford happy days :laughing:

Happy new year m8,
Good to hear from you Lance.Remember you getting the F16 going for me,January 2007 at The Bull Hotel Fairford.Great days m8. Thank you Buzzer for kindly sharing the Port Talbot lay bye picture.This one was taken by someone when my life long best mate,Stan Evans and I went to Charleville in Southern Ireland,June 2007.

Happy New Year to All.
Great photos as usual.
Andrew, glad to hear the Magnum is up and running. It’s looking good. Is Bob Beech coming back to finish his story off?
Ivor D Morgan was a timber merchant but mostly supplied pit props to the coal board.
His trucks prior to the strike all had dropside tipper bodies to load and unload the props with a forklift. His main out bound loads were coal to collect the props.
He did have the rights originally around 86 or so to import the Keith walking floor system from the U.S.
I remember a photo of one tandem axle trailer they made hooked to a FODEN 6x4.
Around 88/89 he had an advert launching the product and I called enquiring about seeing one working. I had seen walking floor trailers in the States and always thought it was a great idea.
Unfortunately Ivor turned me down thinking due to my last name I would be stealing the idea as my father and his brothers ran an engineering and transport company.
I wasn’t working for the family but still was told no!
Not sure what happened to the venture but looked as if it never got off the ground.
A big investment would of been needed to manufacture, distribute, sell and service the trailers.
Look how many walking floors are out there now.
Regards to all.

Buzzer