South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi all,
Bobby Fowler of the Cardiff based Fowler haulage dynasty,Sadly passed away recently….

E3BFC9A5-85C4-41F7-8D8E-F35BB3B09C7A.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
A few here found online.The yellow Transcon’s are Alte Express.

And, the Transcon in the middle pulling the fridge is one of Ivanoff, they ran out of the Republic of Ireland in the late 70’s & early 80"s…, it is light blue with a dark blue stripe.

Cheers all

Keith

Hi Al,
Yes,I remember taking you and your young grandson out in it afterwards.Doesn’t he now drive for Gregory’s? I found this great picture online,No idea who created it,sorry.
[/quote]
Andrew, the artist is called Gary Brookfield (Brookie) he does some brilliant drawings mostly from the good old days :sunglasses:

jshepguis:
Hi Al,
Yes,I remember taking you and your young grandson out in it afterwards.Doesn’t he now drive for Gregory’s? I found this great picture online,No idea who created it,sorry.

Andrew, the artist is called Gary Brookfield (Brookie) he does some brilliant drawings mostly from the good old days :sunglasses:
[/quote]
Hi Jshepguis,
Thank you very much for that.Here’s a selection of WYNNS.

Hi all,
A few of the new model DAF,Part of a 40 vehicle order by Owens.Seen here in Rockwool livery………

Hi all,
Some sad news reached me overnight.John Morgan at the age of 83,has passed away.John was the M in J&M.Was an absolute gentleman in every regard.So good to me as a truck mad kid 50 years ago.R.I.P. john,Thank you for all you did for me.
Regards Andrew.

Buzzer

pete 359:
Hi all,
Some sad news reached me overnight.John Morgan at the age of 83,has passed away.John was the M in J&M.Was an absolute gentleman in every regard.So good to me as a truck mad kid 50 years ago.R.I.P. john,Thank you for all you did for me.
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
The family have now confirmed John Morgan’s funeral arrangements. It’s at Coity crematorium @ 14.15 on 22/03/23.

D7B6313C-A27E-4AA3-A184-A42A24B3ACA4.jpeg

Buzzer

Hi all,
Paid our respects to the passing of a lovely man yesterday.A very fitting final journey for John Morgan.

0B809615-0B98-426E-9C4A-BC4F365866AB.jpeg

Aimed at Andrew Cooper pete359 (& the late Dave the Renegade r.i.p.)

Been feeling under the weather here last couple of weeks, so in order to cheer me up i decided to go back to the begining of this great thread started by the late Dave the Renegade back in 2009 ! i accidentally came across this site in June 2010 and joined up. What a fantastic achievment to have reached 761 pages to date , and trawling through them all last 2 weeks has been an absolute tonic.

The pictures information and knowledge of everyone on here including that of our member on here from the outer fringes of Wales Dennis ( Bewick of Kendal) adopted by our great nation due to his frequent visits to the Abbey during the 60’s :smiley: is nothing short of amazing , and seeing loads of pictures of hauliers gone by in my neck of the woods near Carmarthen West Wales has brought back fabulous memories for me.

So now i am back on page 761 again , and looking forward to the continuation pages of this great thread .

Andrew, you have done a fab job of this thread since you were handed the keys , and i’m certain that Dave looks down with great pride on all your efforts.

Let’s keep it going lads. :wink:

E.W.

Well said. EW.

Paul John:
Well said. EW.

+1

J&M certainly run some tidy motors back in the day.

E141.jpg

Hiya,
I don’t have much to say but I do look in daily to see what’s what
If you’re looking down Dave you did a fab job and this brill site is
still being managed equally well by “Pete” great job Marra.

Harry, I’ve sent you a PM. Regards Kev.

EW car truck & bus:

Been feeling under the weather here last couple of weeks, so in order to cheer me up i decided to go back to the begining of this great thread started by the late Dave the Renegade back in 2009 ! i accidentally came across this site in June 2010 and joined up. What a fantastic achievment to have reached 761 pages to date , and trawling through them all last 2 weeks has been an absolute tonic.

The pictures information and knowledge of everyone on here including that of our member on here from the outer fringes of Wales Dennis ( Bewick of Kendal) adopted by our great nation due to his frequent visits to the Abbey during the 60’s :smiley: is nothing short of amazing , and seeing loads of pictures of hauliers gone by in my neck of the woods near Carmarthen West Wales has brought back fabulous memories for me.

So now i am back on page 761 again , and looking forward to the continuation pages of this great thread .

Andrew, you have done a fab job of this thread since you were handed the keys , and i’m certain that Dave looks down with great pride on all your efforts.

E.W.

Hi E.W.
Thanks so much for the kind words.Dave was a great guy and despite his mobility issues,Became a real show regular.It’s wonderful to see his (our) thread continue.Hope your feeling better E.W.
At least one regular on here will recognise this picture,I believe he’s living in northern Scotland now.Alan Rooker from Porthcawl,1976 Lorry Driver of the year competition.

5B0FA742-1DEF-4768-9F18-8882B1C7C862.jpeg

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

Hi E.W.
Thanks so much for the kind words.Dave was a great guy and despite his mobility issues,Became a real show regular.It’s wonderful to see his (our) thread continue.Hope your feeling better E.W.
At least one regular on here will recognise this picture,I believe he’s living in northern Scotland now.Alan Rooker from Porthcawl,1976 Lorry Driver of the year competition.

Thank you Andrew were on earth did you dig that photo of me after the L.D.O.Y in 1976 it gave me a shock to see hair on my head long gone now, you are right still living in Forfar sadly my wife Patricia who I met at B.R.S. Bridgend passed away last October missing her greatly, thanks for making me laugh at that photo Andrew the wealth of knowledge you bring to this site is amazing bringing back lots of memory’s to us old timers all the best Alan

Hi all. Andrew I’m getting married in a few days. Thought I would drop a quiz question tied to this site.
Playing a song from a Welsh group who has a family member on here with close ties to the group.
Who is the group and member?
Answers on a postcard to:

Paul John,

Congratulations and Best wishes for the wedding. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’ll kick this off …….Stereophonics ■■ Member unsure , but for the RECORD :laughing: Not Me ! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
E.W. :question: :smiley: