South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

TM

Hi all,
A few I’ve found online,sorry I don’t know whom to credit……

29864D24-7313-4725-8553-5F1D7F9B991C.jpeg

7BC0468F-B2AD-4011-B585-1CAD34846D90.jpeg

Hi all,
Some more found online,I love the Marathon sketch……

2C76D4B5-C391-4A6E-92C2-573964B4CF88.jpg

Hi all,
I took this photo back in may 2006.Steelboy F10 and I in my F16 went up to The Hollies to join a few mates from the show circuit on a road run to Porthcawl.We’re parked near Tredegar on the A465.Totally unrecognisable with that stretch as it is now.Major construction still going on along that road and once finished,so I’m told there won’t be any roundabouts between Abergavenny and Resolven once the new “465” is completed.

F26F7C29-76D2-4D1E-B242-F0853C8D0C05.jpeg

Is that John Wards 111 m8 and do you know what happen to it Is it still about today

Lance Biscomb:
Is that John Wards 111 m8 and do you know what happen to it Is it still about today

Hi Lance,
That 110 was OLG 44L,Known to Wardy as Olga.Sadly John passed away 15 years ago.
Regards Andrew.

A Gyles Carpenter photo,Ayr Road Run 2004.

robthedog:
TM

I bet that lump made the Marathon sit up and beg!

David

Hi all,
A few here found online.

9DE2B4C7-D005-4D85-926B-8160F087A8C5.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
I took this photo back in may 2006.Steelboy F10 and I in my F16 went up to The Hollies to join a few mates from the show circuit on a road run to Porthcawl.We’re parked near Tredegar on the A465.Totally unrecognisable with that stretch as it is now.Major construction still going on along that road and once finished,so I’m told there won’t be any roundabouts between Abergavenny and Resolven once the new “465” is completed.

Hey Andrew,
From memory was quite an eventful weekend… Wardies alternator “ became detached” on route near Shrewsbury? And in true John style an effective repair was made using a number of improvised items :smiley: , enough to say he was a legend!, later in the day another participant lost their under run bar in Hereford, or shall we say noticed it was missing in Hereford!!! A great night out in Porthcawl, even Fred from Penturk aka down by ere turned up, a old mate of wardies, I bet you still have the cobbled together video? :sunglasses: :smiley:

steelboyf10:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hey Andrew,
From memory was quite an eventful weekend… Wardies alternator “ became detached” on route near Shrewsbury? And in true John style an effective repair was made using a number of improvised items :smiley: , enough to say he was a legend!, later in the day another participant lost their under run bar in Hereford, or shall we say noticed it was missing in Hereford!!! A great night out in Porthcawl, even Fred from Penturk aka down by ere turned up, a old mate of wardies, I bet you still have the cobbled together video? :sunglasses: :smiley:

Hi M8,
A great weekend was had by all.I do still have the video,I shall have to ask our not so little boy (who’s 21 next Wednesday!) to transfer it to a memory stick.My wife and I went away for our anniversary recently,Managed to catch these welshmen coming through Aberaeron………

5AE23FFF-2D07-43CD-B1D4-2AEA57964FB2.jpeg

98F9A5BF-3026-4BD9-957D-098C07E83E66.jpeg

New start with Owens group this week

Hi all,
A few more here,some found online,including this nostalgic Jones Motors advert.

31E4CB91-4140-440C-94F9-9E8E5F982A2A.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,

The Bridgend Bristol Photo sums up the era at High Wycombe.
When did Jones Motor,s move out of Kenfig Hill?
The Western Mail had theses sort of adverts and job columns every week.
Dai

scania81:

pete 359:
Hi all,

The Bridgend Bristol Photo sums up the era at High Wycombe.
When did Jones Motor,s move out of Kenfig Hill?
The Western Mail had theses sort of adverts and job columns every week.
Dai

Hello Dai,
That Bristol photo is perfect.Someone back then had the foresight to record history.Tbh I’m not 100% sure when they moved?Though I’d guess around 1969?
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
A few of R.G. Miles’ here.As far as I can recall his yard was just inside the border…….

This belongs to my mate duncan kemp he rebuilt this and a tractor unit after finishing with ainsgough after falling of a trailer and had to give up work this is on twitter it started life as ward Jones recovery truck

F52F5FDB-4E21-4761-B7C7-DA90EEDD4701.jpeg