South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

W&J RIDINGS add one on demo 16speed zf box went like the wind 6mpg :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew the PEGASO TRONER probably belongs to Hugh Challoner or a subbie. Chalto’s grandfather owned Rhymney Transport Services the coach company, and Hugh Rhymney Traffic Services. Hugh was brought up in the business but branched out into lorries, old school and a real character.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I think it Might have been Steve Challoner’s Troner? A few more found online.First Swansea BRS,then Culverhouse cross,years ago with Ely Transport’s yard behind Bowmakers building and couple of locomotives coming out of Barry……

8CEA3409-9B3F-41D0-93D6-5C778B901CA1.jpeg

Hi all,
C series ERF on the coal,Swansea BRS again,Roger Miles’ F12 (twice?) and one I took at Welland steam fair last Sunday,Tony Morgan’s mighty Scammell……

B0B0E3D3-C761-4C6E-A5B4-D8357FD73A63.jpeg

Hi all,
A few here owned by a life long friend,Shaun Swain……

C2E3D3D5-AE0C-4155-921A-CBB7BA95ECDE.jpeg

Hi all,
Some of Turners of soham here,based in Rogerstone and on the Hanson contract.

B4A58DC1-700A-4DFB-AF61-78D54C8F6413.jpeg

352EE0AB-15F2-4C76-B28A-485109B084B1.jpeg

pete 359:

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew the PEGASO TRONER probably belongs to Hugh Challoner or a subbie. Chalto’s grandfather owned Rhymney Transport Services the coach company, and Hugh Rhymney Traffic Services. Hugh was brought up in the business but branched out into lorries, old school and a real character.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I think it Might have been Steve Challoner’s Troner? A few more found online.First Swansea BRS,then Culverhouse cross,years ago with Ely Transport’s yard behind Bowmakers building and couple of locomotives coming out of Barry……

Hi Andrew.
Yes,I forgot about Steve. He was still in school last time I saw him. Looks as if the photo was either taken outside the Tredegar Arms on Hill Street, or the Castle Arms on Colensco Terrace.
Thanks for the reply.

Some porthcawl show ,the 2 atkis are owned by Duncan kemp

6A3F6501-4E68-4ED1-BBA4-7CFE6F0A35C6.jpeg

More porthcawl show

AF823456-DF54-4CDB-AB75-FF72958BA6A0.jpeg

D79AC482-FF45-4C70-9A54-22D971B0A87A.jpeg

56FBBDF8-16FD-4838-BEBD-181E707B1A26.jpeg

The ones in the photo duncan in the wheelchair,hywel in the white shirt with his thai bride and tall Gareth

AC06707C-1973-4949-A6F8-01E2DA8C1BAF.jpeg

Right Boyo’s any one know who this was, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Right Boyo’s any one know who this was, Buzzer

Hi Buzzer,
That photo and question have been on here previously.Tbh I’m not sure? Here’s a few I do remember,All courtesy of Russell Lowdor,His late father Graham will be very well remembered by many,R.I.P.

B0D0FB22-77AA-4FC3-9CDD-0F460E5B2F94.jpeg

pete 359:
“Buzzer” Right Boyo’s any one know who this was, Buzzer
Hi Buzzer,
That photo and question have been on here previously.Tbh I’m not sure? Here’s a few I do remember,All courtesy of Russell Lowdor,His late father Graham will be very well remembered by many,R.I.P.

Another shot of the Welsh Dragon Maggie. Andrew i wonder if Bob Beech knows who operated it ?

A03404p.JPG

Hi all,
Retro truck show this weekend.Thanks to a shower of clueless amateur muppets based in Cross Hands,My truck won’t be there this time.Though once we’ve managed to put right the wrongs caused by the maintenance division of a 60 year old South Wales International bulk haulier,We will return…………

3C706DCD-8E6A-4415-9557-0DD5BCE7CD33.jpeg

73D14962-CC23-4BCC-83A5-ABE25D187532.jpeg

F88s F10s F16S happy days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Retro truck show this weekend.Thanks to a shower of clueless amateur muppets based in Cross Hands,My truck won’t be there this time.Though once we’ve managed to put right the wrongs caused by the maintenance division of a 60 year old South Wales International bulk haulier,We will return…………

Hi all. Andrew, your disappointment tells the story. I was flipping through videos on YouTube last week and saw an old Paul O’Callaghan video, followed by the master/ Stavros. He was visiting a show and first truck on the screen was your old Merc which Paul bought off you. Stavros did a few minutes on it and it was highly praised.
Pretty sure the Magnum will be greeted with good reviews also.

Take it easy,
Paul

Paul John:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi all. Andrew, your disappointment tells the story. I was flipping through videos on YouTube last week and saw an old Paul O’Callaghan video, followed by the master/ Stavros. He was visiting a show and first truck on the screen was your old Merc which Paul bought off you. Stavros did a few minutes on it and it was highly praised.
Pretty sure the Magnum will be greeted with good reviews also.

Take it easy,
Paul

Hi Paul,
Great to hear from you again.A very bad episode.However we’ve only this week turned a massive corner in getting the Magnum’s issues resolved,I have received some tremendous support from people far and wide.Electrician Ken Britton who’s auto electrical knowledge still astonishes me,Fourty years after we first worked together.Has once again swept up perfectly,after others,who never should have gone near it,I’ve mentioned Ken on here before,after he completely rewired my Peterbilt 359,Fourteen years ago ….
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
A collection of South Wales images here,all found online.I’ve no idea regarding copyright……

Just got to be a 142 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Just got to be a 142 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How are you m8. Are you in Scotland this coming weekend?
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
Not long retuned from a fantastic few days away with my old mate Shaun Swain. We left Llandysul on Friday morning to attend the final? West Coast Road Run in Scotland.An event I first attended with my A series ERF in 1999.Shaun owns an AEC Monarch and Octopus and drag,Fortunately on this trip we used his FH16 wrecker,1,300 miles later,We we’re back in Llandysul.

42EF4005-081E-48CC-B912-6F555B23D326.jpeg

4D13698C-04F2-4479-8130-8B1D04F0965B.jpeg

F0C0C9E1-5F6B-41A0-96D8-C355803E5FA7.jpeg