South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Evening all,sad day today got back to yard we all had to empty our trucks due to rising fuel costs Jamie had to close the doors on the business,no more scott commercial all down to government not lowering prices absolutely gutted today how many more going to go under

smallcoal:
Evening all,sad day today got back to yard we all had to empty our trucks due to rising fuel costs Jamie had to close the doors on the business,no more scott commercial all down to government not lowering prices absolutely gutted today how many more going to go under

I would guess they’ll be loads go down the pan, Johnson wants shooting with a ball of his own ■■■■!

Kempston:

smallcoal:

I would guess they’ll be loads go down the pan, Johnson wants shooting with a ball of his own [zb]!

Wouldn’t surprise me for this to happen to a small family firm is just numbing the owner was crying ,we went to see him one by one shook our hands and praised a good honest bunch of blokes who never let him down. He’s lost his commercial fitting contracts ,his haulage ,receivers taking everything next week 8trucks and 20 trailers

Morning John,

Sorry to here this mate and even more sorry for your Boss :frowning: , I do hope you all pull out of this .

You never know what is round the corner !! Suppliers asking for more ,clients asking for less !!! pop is what happens.

smallcoal:

Hi John. Sorry to hear you lost your job. Tough times for sure. I hope you are able to find work pretty quick.

Best wishes,
Paul

Kempston:

smallcoal:

I would guess they’ll be loads go down the pan, Johnson wants shooting with a ball of his own [zb]!

Not just Boris. So many of his sycophants are self-serving shysters who care nothing for the majority of the working people. But I fear Starmer’s mob would not be the whole answer to our problems.

Paul John:

smallcoal:

Hi John. Sorry to hear you lost your job. Tough times for sure. I hope you are able to find work pretty quick.

Best wishes,
Paul

Sentiment seconded. Good luck for the future.

Hi all thanks for the comments really nice I’m starting with cameron McDonald Monday

My new truck next week

Hi all,
Great to see this livery back on the roads….

Hi all. Sitting here gutted. We play well and still loose.

Andrew, the DAF looks nice in a traditional livery. Is it the Morgan family running it or did someone buy the company name?

John, good luck in the new job.

I just picked up a new Volvo VNL860. I’ll get it washed and post a photo. Hopefully the last one before I retire.

Paul

smallcoal:
My new truck next week

That’s a hell of a commute every day :laughing:

smallcoal:

Kempston:

smallcoal:

Very sorry to see this awful news John but i think many more business’s are going to follow the same path. Hope you and your colleague’s get fixed up very soon. Best wishes to you all and your employer. :frowning:

Wouldn’t surprise me for this to happen to a small family firm is just numbing the owner was crying ,we went to see him one by one shook our hands and praised a good honest bunch of blokes who never let him down. He’s lost his commercial fitting contracts ,his haulage ,receivers taking everything next week 8trucks and 20 trailers

Hi all, busy week this week non stop,me tipping out in Swansea thursday ,the abernant picture was drunken ducks lorry in the pic is Paul and his brother,Paul works for the company I’m in now

Looking good John .

Paul John:

Andrew, the DAF looks nice in a traditional livery. Is it the Morgan family running it or did someone buy the company name?

I just picked up a new Volvo VNL860. I’ll get it washed and post a photo. Hopefully the last one before I retire.

Paul

Hi Paul,
The Morgan family own that DAF,It’s driven by a good friend of mine,Aled Jones. Been meaning to post this image for a while,Owens are celebrating 50 years in the industry,in real style……

18CE0779-2C49-4D7B-92C1-72D01D0EC78C.jpeg

pete 359:

Paul John:

Paul

Hi Paul,
The Morgan family own that DAF,It’s driven by a good friend of mine,Aled Jones. Been meaning to post this image for a while,Owens are celebrating 50 years in the industry,in real style……

That Owens lot will be in porthcawl truck gathering

Hi all, A few more here,the flooding is Bridgend,I’m told the winter of 1963? Or two years before I was born.

Hi all.
Andrew the PEGASO TRONER probably belongs to Hugh Challoner or a subbie. Chalto’s grandfather owned Rhymney Transport Services the coach company, and Hugh Rhymney Traffic Services. Hugh was brought up in the business but branched out into lorries, old school and a real character.

Paul