South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Andrew,so sorry to hear of your loss,please accept my condolences.

Chris

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Andrew. Kind regards Dennis

My condolances to m8 and family :frowning:

Lance Biscomb:
My condolances to m8 and family :frowning:

Hi all,
Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts, we have witnessed some wonderful acts of kindness over my father’s passing away. Here we have two Welsh lorries I can’t recall seeing and one that I can.BRS Bedford O type? And a Davies & Meredith Atki, finally a Cargo from a large Cardiff based company.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Great photos Andrew.
I don’t remember Davies & Meredith running anything except flatbed trailers and artics. Probably way before my time.
The Mcniff and Curran boys tore up a lot of our roads, and a few pubs back then too.

Just one, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Just one, Buzzer

By accident this afternoon i found out Bill Blake has passed on.
It was on a undertaker,s web page.
I put a picture of him up on page 735 in front of my late Father,s Scania 81[LAA 983T] at Ldoy heat.
Was in the fitting shop at Bridgend B.R.S for years and then drove for Gloystarne and JME.
Dai

Bill Blakes 110 that he used to shunt trailers around the yard for service

Line up by the workshops in Bridgend.

VHO 499V of Bridgend pictured at Aylesbury depot, coupled to an ex Avon rubber flat TRXG 626. Ready for an early start with a load of finished goods. Tony Dorrell’s motor would have been in for service.

Hi all,
A few here from Hills of Cardiff….

A4772F3C-3AB0-4326-811E-0BDE0F80C41D.jpeg

0223EE3F-4A7E-44A3-AFEF-9CF0A2171309.jpeg

Hi all,
Sunday just wouldn’t be complete without a few of WYNNS fleet…

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Bewick:

pete 359:

That is a class shot of a Borderer ! BUT what engine did it have ? LXB or ■■■■■■■ , I see it has the poxy Group axle though. And what was it loaded with ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,

There is a Gardner badge centre of the grille immediately above the A,it’s looks like 240,but when zoomed I lose the clarity,I guess the load was rolled steel.

David

5thwheel:

Bewick:

pete 359:

That is a class shot of a Borderer ! BUT what engine did it have ? LXB or ■■■■■■■ , I see it has the poxy Group axle though. And what was it loaded with ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,

There is a Gardner badge centre of the grille immediately above the A,it’s looks like 240,but when zoomed I lose the clarity,I guess the load was rolled steel.

David

Well David I got me magnifying glass out and from what I could squint I think it is a 240LXB engined Borderer with the group axle but I wonder if it had either the DB 8speed or the 9509 Fuller box ! Cheers Dennis.

Are there curtains in that wagon :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi all,
Picked up a lovely bit of South Wales road haulage nostalgia a few days ago………

047442E2-CBD4-4667-9B3F-5C55EBBE8231.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
Picked up a lovely bit of South Wales road haulage nostalgia a few days ago………

Is this like building a model of HMS Victory etc where you can purchase the next item (ie a cab roof etc) the following month and in two years have the complete cab? :wink:

Pete.

Hi all,
Starting here with SCOW and a couple of their Atki’s,Also a life long friend of mine and his new Isuzu….

Hi all,
A few miscellaneous South Wales lorries here.The Albion is going back a long time……

9553CE50-08E1-45B3-B6FB-2DCF9012D52D.jpeg

Hi all,
Some more here,found online……

461F7666-4429-4F6A-84AA-345AA52DFCAC.jpeg