South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Pete, The Blue Dart Seddon diesel is the same reg as the one in this advert. :wink:

Wynns Bedford TM doing a bit in Sudan in 1978.

Click on twice to read.

hh wynns sudan bedford 78 pwales.jpg

Good afternoon Coop
I would say the BST Roadtrain was photographed in the cold mill at Llanwern.
Regards, Allan

Mrsteel:
Good afternoon Coop
I would say the BST Roadtrain was photographed in the cold mill at Llanwern.
Regards, Allan

Hi Al,
Glad you said that, I thought the same.
Regards Andrew

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

pete 359:

Alick archer is still going I saw derrick driving the scania in Hereford

Smallcoal,
John, i was speaking to Glyn Archers brother who now runs the show on the phone recently and he was telling me that Derek who is now about 75 had retired as has Glyn who is 85 and apparently is not in the best of health.
So I imagine that Derek still does the odd day when needed.
Regards, Allan

pete 359:

That is a class shot of a Borderer ! BUT what engine did it have ? LXB or ■■■■■■■ , I see it has the poxy Group axle though. And what was it loaded with ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick,
Good morning, re: the Alick Archer Atki i would say it was loaded with steel out of Port Talbot.
It looks like a load of what was known as re classed which were bundles made up different guage sheets of steel hence the odd shapes of the bundles. They usually went to smaller stockholders in the Midlands and had to be well secured. I can find out what motor was in it.
Regards, Allan

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal,
John, i was speaking to Glyn Archers brother who now runs the show on the phone recently and he was telling me that Derek who is now about 75 had retired as has Glyn who is 85 and apparently is not in the best of health.
So I imagine that Derek still does the odd day when needed.
Regards, Allan

Hi allan,nice man derek always polite I used to load their trailers for them

Hi all,
Great comments and replies about Archer’s Atki.Last Thursday after a typically brave fight against throat cancer,My dear 81 year old father sadly passéd away at home surrounded by his family.A man whom I owe so much too,Aside of being the best father I could ever have wished for.He gave me my love of trucks and started a business which still employs his son and grandson to this day.Known during his driving days affectionately as “Dai Badge” after the badges he always had on the lapel of his donkey jacket.R.I.P. Dave Cooper,father,grand father,Lorry driver and the last 23 years a retired businessman. The first photo is a very young dad in front of a new Atki outside Joint’s,The second is from the mid 1970’s,Dad wearing a hat,next to his mate from Caerphilly,John Llewellyn,again outside Joint,after a model boat competition on Llewellyn’s quay.

6A3D489E-6537-485A-B41F-3D4E8F2FA044.jpeg

B7C85B2F-5581-4207-8F57-EF59311A2DB0.jpeg

Afternoon Andrew,
I’m sorry to hear this sad news, sincere condolences to you and all the family,
Take care mate

Hi Andrew. Sad news indeed.
Condolences to you and your family.

Paul

Sorry to hear of your loss.Ray

pete 359:
Hi all,
Great comments and replies about Archer’s Atki.Last Thursday after a typically brave fight against throat cancer,My dear 81 year old father sadly passéd away at home surrounded by his family.A man whom I owe so much too,Aside of being the best father I could ever have wished for.He gave me my love of trucks and started a business which still employs his son and grandson to this day.Known during his driving days affectionately as “Dai Badge” after the badges he always had on the lapel of his donkey jacket.R.I.P. Dave Cooper,father,grand father,Lorry driver and the last 23 years a retired businessman. The first photo is a very young dad in front of a new Atki outside Joint’s,The second is from the mid 1970’s,Dad wearing a hat,next to his mate from Caerphilly,John Llewellyn,again outside Joint,after a model boat competition on Llewellyn’s quay.

Sorry to here of your sad loss and for your family I remember your dad parking his loaded Leyland beaver named Kenfig princess on west end avenue always looked the part iwas lorry mad as a boy always wondered were it was going a good looking motor, i also remember happy valley haulage Thames trader and guy warrior 6 wheeler both tippers i think that was your dad happy memories for me. My condolences Alan

Andrew,

Deepest condolences to you and your family in your sad loss.

Take Care.

E.W.

Hi all,
Thanks very much for the kind words on here the messages the calls the visit’s and the sheer support and kindness myself and my family have received.For those who have asked about arrangements? Please see below……

Evening Andrew

Sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Hi Andrew,I thought I would put this up as respect for your dad and on your loss ,you and your dad together rip Dave cooper

69C92DBF-5BDF-4680-B006-3F64DAF11F22.jpeg

Hi all.
John that’s a great photo. The resemblance between Dave and Andrew is amazing. A chip off the old block.
Pretty sure there will be a celebration of Dave’s life today.

Paul