South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi John. Thanks for the Christmas wishes. Merry Christmas to you, your family and everyone here.

Paul

Hi all,
A merry Christmas to everyone whom looks in on here.Here’s a few old black and white images …….

24B06457-A893-4551-873D-E1079FA551AC.jpeg

Hi Andrew. Great old photos.
Looks like a J4 van passing Smiths Scania, followed by a TK, possibly Leland super comet ahead of it and an Atki going the opposite direction.
Was the Dodge known as a K series? I always liked the design of that cab, plenty of room for three. Probably a Perkins 6 -354 with an Eaton two speed axle and 5 speed box. In 1966 a nice motor to run.
I don’t remember Evans of Tredegar running anything except Volvos before becoming part of BFI/ Glyn John.
I often wonder what happened to the day cab F88 and F86 they bought of us.

Paul

Paul John:
Hi Andrew. Great old photos.
Looks like a J4 van passing Smiths Scania, followed by a TK, possibly Leland super comet ahead of it and an Atki going the opposite direction.
Was the Dodge known as a K series? I always liked the design of that cab, plenty of room for three. Probably a Perkins 6 -354 with an Eaton two speed axle and 5 speed box. In 1966 a nice motor to run.
I don’t remember Evans of Tredegar running anything except Volvos before becoming part of BFI/ Glyn John.
I often wonder what happened to the day cab F88 and F86 they bought of us.

Paul

Got a feeling that the Atkinson going in the other direction is one of Arthur Sandersons who had a depot at Newport for the trunk operations between the North East and South Wales.

Evening Coop,
Re: the photo of Dai Howells Volvo it could well have taken at Celsa in Cardiff. Maybe Mike Howells knows where it was.
Cheers, Allan

Mrsteel:
Evening Coop,
Re: the photo of Dai Howells Volvo it could well have taken at Celsa in Cardiff. Maybe Mike Howells knows where it was.
Cheers, Allan

Hi Allan,
It was Celsa,For those that aren’t already aware? There’s an ex Bridgend BRS Octopus for sale on EBay atm…….

Just to keep the memory alive of the legend that started this going David Lloyd ( Dave the Renegade) it’s his birthday today, Happy birthday and RIP mate.

Yes R.I.P. Dave the Renegade,

AND BEST WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON TRUCKNET / NADOLIG LLAWEN TO THE WELSH CONTINGENT :wink:
And more importantly let us pray this mess clears up before long , so that we can all look forward to getting back to some normality!

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:
Yes R.I.P. Dave the Renegade,

AND BEST WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON TRUCKNET / NADOLIG LLAWEN TO THE WELSH CONTINGENT :wink:
And more importantly let us pray this mess clears up before long , so that we can all look forward to getting back to some normality!

E.W.

Same to you and your family also R.I.P to the great dave the renegade,let’s all hope for a better new year

Hi all,
Happy new year to everyone on our thread. Anyone recognise these former JR drivers?
Retired J&M driver,”Saarlouie” Steve Morgan ,who’s a very accomplished artist these days drew this picture of a welsh Magnum.
Marcus has the best ever holiday photos,If you know,you know?
This 1635 of Blue Line was driven by a consummate professional,From new……

9D19FAA0-678F-4055-88F7-69979B722EEF.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
Happy new year to everyone on our thread. Anyone recognise these former JR drivers?
Retired J&M driver,”Saarlouie” Steve Morgan ,who’s a very accomplished artist these days drew this picture of a welsh Magnum.

Hi Andrew,happy new year I can name a few of jr drivers ,there Bob,is that boonie in there as well as Mike evans ,I recognise the bloke with sunglasses on standing next to Bob but can’t remember his name

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Andrew,happy new year I can name a few of jr drivers ,there Bob,is that boonie in there as well as Mike evans ,I recognise the bloke with sunglasses on standing next to Bob but can’t remember his name

Hi small coal, I thought that was you, by the F10 drivers corner pillar?
Regards Andrew.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

pete 359:

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi small coal, I thought that was you, by the F10 drivers corner pillar?
Regards Andrew.

You got lacey in red trousers,it’s not les boon it’s Bob animal,other Bob by him and jiffy I e-mailed nick he knows who they are he looking at the pic ,did you find the dog and bone after

Best looking MAGNUM i haver sin merry xames M8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:
Best looking MAGNUM i haver sin merry xames M8 [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi Lance,
Thanks and same to you my dear old mate, m8…

The Magnum is looking good Andrew. :wink:

Heres one from your part of the world from 1993.

Click on pages twice to read.

Just been up to put my bedding in the truck Xmas present from kids

BFF41720-EBD6-4429-B0FF-9F5BCD497932.jpeg

Hi all,

pete 359:
Hi all,

Some WYNNS, for a change…

Happy new year to all on trucknet and to your families