South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

smallcoal:
Thought it might be ,Ken used to rent a scammell 8 wheel tipper to a bloke called Roy packington I used to drive it on the wimpy Hobbs site in the abbey for him ,that protest was on metro paper with the you tube logo type in north east fuel convoy it might come up

Sorry,I meant the RSE blow out video?
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

smallcoal:
Thought it might be ,Ken used to rent a scammell 8 wheel tipper to a bloke called Roy packington I used to drive it on the wimpy Hobbs site in the abbey for him ,that protest was on metro paper with the you tube logo type in north east fuel convoy it might come up

Sorry,I meant the RSE blow out video?
Regards Andrew.

Sorry mate crossed wires there I don’t do full stops and punctuation marks :laughing: :laughing: as you can see ,you getting ready for xmas we done all ours so no more shopping ,I like what you did with Harry’s shirt very smart work

Hi all,
The remains of the 1948 Atki,found In Illtyd Thomas’ Cocket yard…

34FAE30C-9FB7-45DF-8334-C7C992790527.jpeg

82837466-CBC5-441D-93F7-84604FF8418D.jpeg

Just about got his money out of them TYERS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Peter 359,
Morning Coop
Philip Jones Fforest Fach used to operate out of the yard where Ken Appleyard is now
Cheers, Allan

Mrsteel:
Peter 359,
Morning Coop
Philip Jones Fforest Fach used to operate out of the yard where Ken Appleyard is now
Cheers, Allan

Hi Al,
Thanks for that.I had a feeling I was wrong.Here’s Illtyd Thomas’s Cockett yard,From I’d say the late 1980’s?

4FBBE5E9-FCE7-4A0A-9727-57EAB07A370C.jpeg

826C398A-A245-4C4F-AC89-493C24BC1B9B.jpeg

3373D5B3-3E0F-411D-886D-7DF20BF2BA0C.jpeg

robthedog:

Hi Rob,
Here’s another of Cardiff International,Taken in Vienna.Eddie Nixon from Barry drove TNY 808N from new,Later owned by Alun S.Griffiths.

robthedog:

I reckon that top pic was taken in Morocco, judging from the clothes and the architecture. IIRC Volvo ran a few publicity pics of that blue and white lorry (or one like it) on test in that North African country.

Hi all. Just noticed we were getting close to the bottom of the page.
As usual we are super busy at work. All hands on board. It’s my 20th year working for a U.S. Mail contractor.
This year is the most disorganized yet. Sixty plus trucks in line waiting to be loaded/unloaded or as in my case both at the same time. Some extra trucks drafted in for the Xmas rush have been waiting 18/24 hours. Many are team units all thankfully being paid by the hour as they are on the clock from when loaded to being unloaded.
However a huge increase in cost for the Postal Service along with waiting times at both ends for dedicated contract routes, and service failures on date/time guaranteed priority mail.
This is the time of year they should be profitable, yet couldn’t organize a ■■■■ up in a brewery.
Christmas comes every year with plenty of time to plan, frustrating to say the least, and probably have another six weeks of this mayhem. Patience, patience!
Hopefully everyone here is busy too.

Regards Paul

Hi all,
Found these recently online.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

We may have seen the CVH ERF before?

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Hi all. Andrew I never new CVH ran an ERF, usually Transcon’s and Scanias. Perhaps Rowly will know if Gordon is still about. Quite a character. He rented from us at Gullivers, let’s just say he made my job a little more interesting. Quite a while back now, but have good memories of haggling over money with him.

Paul

Paul John:
Hi all. Andrew I never new CVH ran an ERF, usually Transcon’s and Scanias. Perhaps Rowly will know if Gordon is still about. Quite a character. He rented from us at Gullivers, let’s just say he made my job a little more interesting. Quite a while back now, but have good memories of haggling over money with him.

Paul

That B-series ERF was left-hand drive and did Middle-East. Here’s a picture with Chris Hooper and the other driver.

Ro

ERF-NGC-European:

Paul John:

Paul

That B-series ERF was left-hand drive and did Middle-East. Here’s a picture with Chris Hooper and the other driver.

Ro

That’s my Dad - Ron Slater - he had that ERF for a few trips after the Transcon (VTX310S)

smallcoal:
Does anyone remember the steel drop in Gateshead not Nissan Sunderland I think this was on team valley

Alright john it was myson on team valley opposite brs, and one in Newburn which I believe is now Amerex

chris143:

smallcoal:
Does anyone remember the steel drop in Gateshead not Nissan Sunderland I think this was on team valley

Alright john it was myson on team valley opposite brs, and one in Newburn which I believe is now Amerex

Hi Chris,thanks for that glad someone knows I couldn’t remember I got Mansfield on mon

Paul John:
Hi all. Just noticed we were getting close to the bottom of the page.
As usual we are super busy at work. All hands on board. It’s my 20th year working for a U.S. Mail contractor.
This year is the most disorganized yet. Sixty plus trucks in line waiting to be loaded/unloaded or as in my case both at the same time. Some extra trucks drafted in for the Xmas rush have been waiting 18/24 hours. Many are team units all thankfully being paid by the hour as they are on the clock from when loaded to being unloaded.
However a huge increase in cost for the Postal Service along with waiting times at both ends for dedicated contract routes, and service failures on date/time guaranteed priority mail.
This is the time of year they should be profitable, yet couldn’t organize a ■■■■ up in a brewery.
Christmas comes every year with plenty of time to plan, frustrating to say the least, and probably have another six weeks of this mayhem. Patience, patience!
Hopefully everyone here is busy too.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul merry Christmas to you and your family from us all in wales

Hi all,
A few random South Wales photos here.The Magnum is due to go for MOT & service,very soon.I see this Footman DAF wagon and drag working out of Edenhall brick in South Cornelly regularly.The RSE MAN was new,when Harry and I parked the Peterbilt next too it @ Ross.Great shot of a Howells FH,somewhere warm,Christie Tyler MAN,So many in our area,we’re on the furniture,back then…….

B878CC8B-1337-44AA-A88C-67012A2B95F1.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
A few random South Wales photos here.The Magnum is due to go for MOT & service,very soon.I see this Footman DAF wagon and drag working out of Edenhall brick in South Cornelly regularly.The RSE MAN was new,when Harry and I parked the Peterbilt next too it @ Ross.Great shot of a Howells FH,somewhere warm,Christie Tyler MAN,So many in our area,we’re on the furniture,back then…….

Hi Andrew, outline llantrisant good factory to load out off when I used to go there with w Jones,the footman trucks are all owned by Tony powell,I delivered fertiliser a couple of weeks ago they took it straight of me onto a footman wagon and drag I asked why it was there and he told me he bought his stock when he passed away ,was that shot of your magnum taken with a drone or you climbing on something