South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew glad to see the Porthcawl show went well, and other shows taking place.
Just going through my August T&D and came across M&J Plant and Transport. Getting in and out of New Tredegar is a task in a car, let alone wide loads at max and above weight.
Looks as if they just opened a depot in Merthyr being run by Anthony Hares. The name Hares rings a bell, and perhaps Graham can help here. Iirc Tony Hares drove a F89 for R.T. Kearns who were based at the Elliotstown colliery baths.
Wondering if there is a tie up there.
I wish them continued success, always good to see a family business grow and prosper.

How is your Magnum coming along ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you mate.Next weekend is the Retro at Gaydon and then the 2021 season is virtually over? Before it ever really began? Progress on our Magnum is very good,Currently having some artwork applied.Thankfully we are continuing to be busy at work.We’ve just completed this brand new next generation Scania for one of our long standing customers……

Nice to see Geoff Evans new scania the man has worked hard with his family to build the business good look with the new truck all the best Alan in forfar

pete 359:

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew glad to see the Porthcawl show went well, and other shows taking place.
Just going through my August T&D and came across M&J Plant and Transport. Getting in and out of New Tredegar is a task in a car, let alone wide loads at max and above weight.
Looks as if they just opened a depot in Merthyr being run by Anthony Hares. The name Hares rings a bell, and perhaps Graham can help here. Iirc Tony Hares drove a F89 for R.T. Kearns who were based at the Elliotstown colliery baths.
Wondering if there is a tie up there.
I wish them continued success, always good to see a family business grow and prosper.

How is your Magnum coming along ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you mate.Next weekend is the Retro at Gaydon and then the 2021 season is virtually over? Before it ever really began? Progress on our Magnum is very good,Currently having some artwork applied.Thankfully we are continuing to be busy at work.We’ve just completed this brand new next generation Scania for one of our long standing customers……

That didn’t take you long to complete Andrew, looks a very nice bit of kit

Just the one, Buzzer

I thought Carmarthen was west Wales ?

Just one, Buzzer

Hi Buzzer,
Thanks for the photo.

Hi all,
Not 100% sure if we’ve seen a couple of these before? The Mobil tanker is outside Moor well Motor’s in Penarth, BRS AEC is at High Wycombe depot, Lew Lewis’ FODEN is leaving Strensham , others speak for themselves really…

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Hi all, a few to update you on the status of my Magnum. Artwork was my son, Harry’s idea. Airbrushing carried out by Chris Gadd. He did the artwork on my Peterbilt back in 2008.

Met lee at tipcon today A good time was add by all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Andrew. Easy to tell Harry’s into his rugby. A lot of passionate talent captured there. Looking forward to seeing the completed masterpiece.

Paul

Lance Biscomb:
Met lee at tipcon today A good time was add by all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good morning M8,
I did hear you were with Judith and BJ.
Regards Andrew…

Hi all,
A few here from Aled Jones,a driver with Smiths Heavy Haulage….

9A8D7E88-E0B7-4767-87F5-308EEAAB8B9E.jpeg

FBA8B527-EF4E-43C0-9D4F-95E974F55CE1.jpeg

Hi all,
I was told of the unfortunate passing of Roger Grafton recently.He drove for Joint from his Shrewsbury home town for many years.Here he is in F126 ATH about to leave the yard in September 1989 on Joint’s first ever trip across the channel to load rolls for The Abbey from Tessenderlo Belgium.

0B0773F8-20A4-4693-9F5D-80DD16C02D82.jpeg

Hi all,
A few Welsh Transcon’s…

Hi all,
Managed to get my hands on a real piece of south Wales road haulage nostalgia, yesterday…

pete 359:
Hi all,
Managed to get my hands on a real piece of south Wales road haulage nostalgia, yesterday…

Hello all / Richard always had the registrations with the numbers the same .

watching a programme on paramount network the wonderful world of truckers ,Welsh boys on there,also Bewick atki and sheeted trailer ,was that you Bewick talking on camera get it on catch up it on every Thursday

Monday 10pm paramount network or my5 wonderful world of trucking is repeated worth a watch

This is from wonderful world of trucking

smallcoal:
This is from wonderful world of trucking

John, That is Mike who owns the Atki