South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all. A few from Joints yard and loading in Belgium. Also a Cargo Van Transcon in a snowy Bridgend in 1982.

Heres an advert for Cargo Van from 1979.

IS there something going on in PORTHCAML this weekend to do with VANS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:
IS there something going on in PORTHCAML this weekend to do with VANS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Lance Porthcawl Truck Gathering ,

Lance Biscomb:

Hello m8,
Good to hear from you,the other day.The organisers are down there now,getting everything ready.Vans from far and wide are attending.
Regards Andrew.

Some pics from porthcawl truck show bottom pic is mine

0FC96275-C70D-4325-8EA3-68EC5D224110.jpeg

E1A49F22-A2E9-46BA-BFA5-4FB9DFDAFA32.jpeg

Hi all,
The weather was very kind and the 2021 Porthcawl Truck Gathering was a tremendous success. This Scammell S26 is a real personal favourite of mine.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Hi all,
A couple of welsh oldies here……

Hi Andrew.The last time I saw that Mack of Tony Morgan was on that cafe between Cwm coking plant and the Llantrisant roundabout.That cafe had sawdust ont floor. :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Hi Andrew.The last time I saw that Mack of Tony Morgan was on that cafe between Cwm coking plant and the Llantrisant roundabout.That cafe had sawdust ont floor. :laughing:

Hi Chris / That would have been Musto,s cafe there for many years now a car sales .

Ianto full pelt:

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris / That would have been Musto,s cafe there for many years now a car sales .

Thanks Ianto,yes that’s the one,I’d fogotten it’s name,had a really sludgy parking area but food wasn’t bad.Plenty of tipper lads ex Cwm used it,loaded with coke.

Just one, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Just one, Buzzer

Hi Buzzer, Thanks for the photo. Here’s a few from Celtic Truck show in Haverfordwest.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Hi all,
A few various South Wales images here……

Hi Andrew,
Some good pics there mate,
The Foden looks like it has a Bearwood registration number and looking at the livery could be ex P J Butlers from Oldbury?

pete smith:
Hi Andrew,
The Foden looks like it has a Bearwood registration number and looking at the livery could be ex P J Butlers from Oldbury?

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply mate.Could well be? P.J.Butler ran everything in their time.Even Ergomatics and Atki’s abroad.
Regards Andrew.

Nice to see the Transcon further up the page thats been restored.

Short Bros Atkinson Borderer from Newport.

pete 359:

pete smith:
Hi Andrew,

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply mate.Could well be? P.J.Butler ran everything in their time.Even Ergomatics and Atki’s abroad.
Regards Andrew.

Morning Andrew,
Yes mate they had a big and varied fleet but are still on the go with Paddy’s Grandson at the helm, I think he has 40+ motors on the go and mostly FH4’s with a couple of Scania’s and MAN’s. Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

pete 359:

pete smith:
Hi Andrew,

Hi Pete,
Regards Andrew.

Morning Andrew,
Yes mate they had a big and varied fleet but are still on the go with Paddy’s Grandson at the helm, I think he has 40+ motors on the go and mostly FH4’s with a couple of Scania’s and MAN’s. Cheer’s Pete

Thanks mate,
Tbh,I did wonder if they were still trading? I guess they’re plain white,or wrapped now? Haven’t seen the distinctive green and yellow motors,for many years!
Regards Andrew.

Hi all.
Andrew glad to see the Porthcawl show went well, and other shows taking place.
Just going through my August T&D and came across M&J Plant and Transport. Getting in and out of New Tredegar is a task in a car, let alone wide loads at max and above weight.
Looks as if they just opened a depot in Merthyr being run by Anthony Hares. The name Hares rings a bell, and perhaps Graham can help here. Iirc Tony Hares drove a F89 for R.T. Kearns who were based at the Elliotstown colliery baths.
Wondering if there is a tie up there.
I wish them continued success, always good to see a family business grow and prosper.

How is your Magnum coming along ?

Paul

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew glad to see the Porthcawl show went well, and other shows taking place.
Just going through my August T&D and came across M&J Plant and Transport. Getting in and out of New Tredegar is a task in a car, let alone wide loads at max and above weight.
Looks as if they just opened a depot in Merthyr being run by Anthony Hares. The name Hares rings a bell, and perhaps Graham can help here. Iirc Tony Hares drove a F89 for R.T. Kearns who were based at the Elliotstown colliery baths.
Wondering if there is a tie up there.
I wish them continued success, always good to see a family business grow and prosper.

How is your Magnum coming along ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you mate.Next weekend is the Retro at Gaydon and then the 2021 season is virtually over? Before it ever really began? Progress on our Magnum is very good,Currently having some artwork applied.Thankfully we are continuing to be busy at work.We’ve just completed this brand new next generation Scania for one of our long standing customers……

72DD3E34-517C-48DA-A480-01278FF2BCD1.jpeg

3A056163-C147-4E07-8270-8B7569DA5424.jpeg