South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:
Another one of Caswell’s.

[attachment=4]paulgee caswells sa.jpg[/attachment]

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Caswell photo.

D2DF2476-3520-4782-AA33-775E21D9A0C2.jpeg

pete 359:
“DEANB” Another one of Caswell’s.

Hi Dean,

Who’s F88 is that Andrew do you know ?

Caswell F88.

wales caswell.PNG

DEANB:

pete 359:
“DEANB” Another one of Caswell’s.

Hi Dean,

Who’s F88 is that Andrew do you know ?

Caswell F88.

Correct me all if I am wrong was it Caswell,s that had the Atki with an F88 cab fitted .

The F88 Reg VBX386l belonged to Mike Toms, from 1976 to 1983, I believe it was previously owned by an owner driver from Mid Wales, who run it back and forth to Middle East, not sure who the owner is in the photo shown.

MJT1:
The F88 Reg VBX386l belonged to Mike Toms, from 1976 to 1983, I believe it was previously owned by an owner driver from Mid Wales, who run it back and forth to Middle East, not sure who the owner is in the photo shown.

Hi,
I thought that was Mike’s.I remember him in the Abbey,Lots of long standing small operators back in those days.
Dean thanks for the Caswell 290 photo,I reckon thats the bridge that you had to drive under,at the entrance to EBBW VALE works.There was a steel plaque on the wall there,1800 and something? Literally the start of the industrial revolution.I’m told CASWELL had steamers working out of there?

Regards Andrew

Ianto Full Pelt,
Correct re: the Caswell Atki. Saw it for the first time outside Seacon in Millwall, YAX 94J iirc
Regards, from eldest brother

Mrsteel:
Ianto Full Pelt,
Correct re: the Caswell Atki. Saw it for the first time outside Seacon in Millwall, YAX 94J iirc
Regards, from eldest brother

Good morning both,
That must be,the most discussed Welsh F88 ever? I’ve tried everyone I know from that area for photos,to no avail.I even met an old boy in Abergavenny Steam Fair,several years running who worked on the conversion.He also tried.I remember seeing it in Oldbury during 1976.
Regards Andrew.

I remember Caswell’s F88 cabbed Atki too - when I lived in Hereford, it was often parked outside a house on the A465, between Abergavenny & Pandy - that would have been around 1973 /4, when my Dad had a yard at Allensmore.

Cheers all,

Keith

This is going in 3 weeks time and my new one comes

Bloody John , you on your second truck in a matter of months !!!

JAKEY:
Bloody John , you on your second truck in a matter of months !!!

Yep, new reg coming complete with microwave and fridge again and alloys :smiley:

Hi all,
A few of Ronnie S.Evans at work here….

2DCAE370-7280-49AA-B24D-F121A9C6143A.jpeg

B0D1C2D5-AA5D-4485-BD16-4FA5AAFAF292.jpeg

Hi all,
Various welsh lorries here.A poignant ERF ECX image,Was 4 years last week when Kelvin Powell sadly passed away.

2FC25A0A-5814-4853-83F9-5FC606C33B2B.jpeg

I found this image on Facebook, a snowy Cardiff street and, I think an IVOR D. MORGAN F86?

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew. I was just reading April’s T&D. Looks as if Kelvins ECX is in good hands.
How is your Magnum coming along? That’s a lot of snow for Cardiff.
Take it easy, Paul

Paul John:
Hi Andrew. I was just reading April’s T&D. Looks as if Kelvins ECX is in good hands.
Take it easy, Paul

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you again mate Progress on the Magnum is good.Hoping to have it ready for test Over the next few weeks.This first image,is Joint’s former transport manager,Tony Davies,Next to him in the turquoise shirt and to Tony’s left,Trucknet member Mr Steel,Aka Alan Evans.The alluminium sheet between the pipes is away being airbrushed.Whilst we are concentrating on the painting and fitting the rear wings and the Dutch style rear bumper.

2AF39F38-8F43-4843-A04E-12B1D29CA013.jpeg

D7B20B16-E474-4B7E-90D3-A647EC2F4529.jpeg

6F9A8C93-0B67-4611-B903-8B4AF8836935.jpeg

pete 359:

Paul John:
Take it easy, Paul

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you again mate Progress on the Magnum is good.Hoping to have it ready for test Over the next few weeks.This first image,is Joint’s former transport manager,Tony Davies,in the turquoise shirt and to Tony’s left,Trucknet member Mr Steel,Aka Alan Evans.The sheet between the pipes is away being airbrushed.Whilst we are concentrating on the painting and fitting the rear wings and Dutch style rear bumper.

Coming along nicely Andrew and one hell of a difference in just over 18 months.
I think you are going to need some new Juliper crates shortly!

Hi all,A couple of random welsh motors here,Will we ever have truck shows and normality,ever again?

95308A07-B7BE-4A06-B34E-43AB8EF8A250.jpeg

Ross Garages advert from 1958.

wales ross garages 58 psw.PNG

DEANB:
Ross Garages advert from 1958.

Hi all,
Thanks Dean,A few random welsh images here;

1. W.F.Hall DAF courtesy of Bubbleman.
  2. A Peter Lee? WYNNS shot.
  3. A classic BRS 8 wheeler.
  4. G800 HTH and JM81 about to leave Port Talbot.(again,sorry)

95308A07-B7BE-4A06-B34E-43AB8EF8A250.jpeg