South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Lance Biscomb:
Is it a year a go PARKY and me came to see you and went for a little drink :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It will be in a few weeks m8.March 2020.

scania81:

Ianto full pelt:

Geoff54:
hi ianto, the picture of the 2100 daf with delme sharpe andrew put up, do you remember it on rockwool with us there were 2 of them bae 861v and xws???v furniture vans from bristol depot, brian watkins who worked at rockwool bought bae sent it to williams bodies at wrexham and had a new livestock body fitted, he didnt last long an ownerdriver, hope you keeping well geoff

Hi Geoff I thought I knew the number didn,t you have one and Johnny? have the other one I had the old dog of a D series from BRS Reading . Cheers Ian .

Hello Ianto and Geoff ,the other 1 was driven by John Neate.
Micky Palmer drove one for a while and the 2 Ford D series looked huge for rigids and must have been a nightmare on multidrop.
This old photo taken at High Wycombe looks to me like a younger Victor ?
Dai

Morning Dai / Yes they were a nightmare V8 powered went like the clappers on the flat show it a hill different story .

Good afternoon Andrew, one thanks to SCP.
Oilly

pete 359:
“ERF-NGC-European”

Not often you see a picture of a Scammell Contractor as a straight artic rather than being used as a ballasted tractor. That one appears to have a Volvo F88 cab on it.

Ro

Good morning,
They were designed and built,in house at Heanor Haulage’s Derbyshire HQ.Detroit and CAT were used and an 88/89 cab.I think they built 6?
Regards Andrew…

That Contractor does look good as a unit. They built four of the HHT Scammell/Volvo’s.

I “think” this Foden was Wynns first 100 ton truck and there were only three 100 tonners ever built.

Central rd in the abbey looks like a driver or shunter in the central canteen scammel parked in the pic

mechanic77:

Worth waiting for! :sunglasses: That spready tilt’s worthy of a GV60 methinks!

Ro

Hi all,
Thanks everyone,for the great photos and information kindly shared.Here are a few more South Wales old motors

3BCA1F71-2A57-4013-BE2A-C75506BD9FCB.jpeg

31B8EB4F-DBE8-4A02-8328-AACFEA7FDE6C.jpeg

Well The Boyos delivered “the goods” on Sunday beating Ireland 21 - 16 which is more than we could do playing Scotland !!! If England don’t buck their ideas up The Wops will beat them next Sunday :frowning: :blush: So as far as I’m concerned it is The Boyos all the way to The Grand Slam :wink: :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis. PS Hope you and yours are keeping well Andrew and you have got that Big Merc well wrapped up ! :wink:

Bewick:
Well The Boyos delivered “the goods” on Sunday beating Ireland 21 - 16 which is more than we could do playing Scotland !!! If England don’t buck their ideas up The Wops will beat them next Sunday :frowning: :blush: So as far as I’m concerned it is The Boyos all the way to The Grand Slam :wink: :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis. PS Hope you and yours are keeping well Andrew and you have got that Big Merc well wrapped up ! :wink:

Good morning Dennis,
Great to hear from you mate.Yes our team has done us proud once again.I’m really looking forward to this weekends game against Scotland,They are a spectacular team atm.I think its more than fair to say,England were shell shocked last saturday.The big Merc was sold back in November 2019 and lives in Ireland now.We are currently restoring a V8 MACK powered Magnum…
Regards Andrew.
P.S. Good to see you back on Trucknet,it really needs input from the likes of yourself…

Hi all,
A few more oldies here;
Mal Green’s Seddon Atki having coupling up issues in Calais.
John Thomas standing next to an Illtyd Thomas Atki.
A colourised shot of Swansea BRS depot.

mechanic77:

Hi all. Rowly and Neil, the tilt is looking superb.Nice image of the castle.
Neil tractor looks as good as new.
Regards Paul

Merthyr vale colliery

Hi all,
A few more random South Wales photos here…

robthedog:
Merthyr vale colliery

Morning Rob,
Great minds think alike, what programme was this on as I can remember taking the pic?!

Hi all,
Saw my old mate Chris Evans near work today,loading for Maesteg paper mill.

Clipping from a 1977 Truck magazine.

Drivers name is David Brown driving for Owen Jenkins.

wales dave brown 77.PNG

Hi all,had a txt of my mate blethyn,ex blue line transport and Owens foreman in baglan,Peter mac passed away last night rip peter

Hi all,
Thanks for the picture Dean.Courtesy of the legend that is, Peter Davies a selection of his South Wales pictures…

79499D0A-3654-45B3-9DCE-50BFA9D50DAE.jpeg

FB7E662F-0E9C-4DC8-886F-18ECAA1FA2FA.jpeg

411CC19A-4CDE-4CBE-95A2-5C3AD967765E.jpeg

48B34F30-78D8-4881-AF1F-E5C8302D92A9.jpeg

Hi all,
This Ergomatic says Hutchinson Transport,Cant say I remember them?
Seddon Atki 301 recently restored.
I think this Marathon was ex Western Roadways Cardiff.Seen here owned by Steve Greenwood.
An O.J.Williams 290.