South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Peter 359,
Morning Coop
I remember Hutchinson Tpt: back in the day. Iirc they ran a regular service to the North East
Cheers Allan

I well remember Rossers trundling around in 70s,one lost a coil on a roundabout on A48 - maybe Briton Ferry - and it was there for quite a long time.They kept their AEC MK3s longer than A E Evans who I worked for and that’s saying summat. :grimacing:
That’s a smart looking MK5 Mammoth Major of J D James Tregaron. :slight_smile:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Thanks for the picture Dean.Courtesy of the legend that is, Peter Davies a selection of his South Wales pictures…

The Commer Commando was new to Albion Concrete Llangadog was then sold to the drivers and was driven and then owned by Alun Richards from LLanwrda .His son is Emyr Richards known as Emyr Eggs .The Commando is still owned by Emyr as a testament to his father and is dry stored in his garage There was a stained glass picture of the Commando placed in the window of the front door of the family home

Tipping at Porthcawl monday night do i need my spray gun with pot on top :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ianto:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Thanks for the picture Dean.Courtesy of the legend that is, Peter Davies a selection of his South Wales pictures…

The Commer Commando was new to Albion Concrete Llangadog was then sold to the drivers and was driven and then owned by Alun Richards from LLanwrda .His son is Emyr Richards known as Emyr Eggs .The Commando is still owned by Emyr as a testament to his father and is dry stored in his garage There was a stained glass picture of the Commando placed in the window of the front door of the family home

Hi all,
I know Emyr,he mentioned the Dodge to me,a few years ago now.Afaiaa he drives a stunning Black FH for Midwest Plant. A few oldies here.Don Jones ? A friend of my father,From Tycroes ran these red and white wreckers, Jenkins Of Skewen’s F10,An iconic pair from Walls Of Newport and two from Swansea during the early days of my good friend Ken Williams Recovery.
Lancie,give you a bell in the morning M8.

48D5336D-525C-4FC4-9351-AEF285DA796C.jpeg

pete 359:

ianto:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi all,
I know Emyr,he mentioned the Dodge to me,a few years ago now.Afaiaa he drives a stunning Black FH for Midwest Plant. A few oldies here.Don Jones ? A friend of my father,From Tycroes ran these red and white wreckers, Jenkins Of Skewen’s F10,An iconic pair from Walls Of Newport and two from Swansea during the early days of my good friend Ken Williams Recovery.

The second photo is intresting. I wonder if the Scammell started live as a Trunker or a Handyman ?

One of Walls wreckers.

DEANB:

pete 359:

ianto:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi all,

The second photo is intresting. I wonder if the Scammell started live as a Trunker or a Handyman ?

Hi Dean,
I’m fairly sure that was a Diamond T,with a Scammell cab fitted onto it? Don was a very clever engineer.All gone now,Shops built on his former business premises.

pete 359:
“DEANB”
Hi all,

Hi Dean,
I’m fairly sure that was a Diamond T,with a Scammell cab fitted onto it? Don was a very clever engineer.All gone now,Shops built on his former business premises.

That explains things Andrew. :wink:

AEC dealer advert.

Few

pete smith:

robthedog:
Merthyr vale colliery

Morning Rob,
Great minds think alike, what programme was this on as I can remember taking the pic?!

Hi Pete
It was on bbc recently the programme was about Aberfan and the part the heaps played in the disaster
Very bad do that

robthedog:

pete smith:

robthedog:
Merthyr vale colliery

Morning Rob,
Great minds think alike, what programme was this on as I can remember taking the pic?!

Hi Pete
It was on bbc recently the programme was about Aberfan and the part the heaps played in the disaster
Very bad do that

Hi Rob,
Yes it was a very sad incident, I took that pic on 20/8/2020 but can’t remember watching the programme, need to start drinking again!

Good morning Andrew, the RMC Aggregates Daf snapped at Llandaff and Clayton’s ERF at Rogerstone all credit to SCP for the photos.
Oily

This Ergomatic says Hutchinson Transport,Cant say I remember them?

Hi Andrew,

Here is another Hutchinson Tpt. AEC a Marshall KUH 787 F. I put a crane on it and used it for round timber haulage, a lot of trips from the New Forest down to the South Wales mines with pit props, always carried my union card !!

Nice to see the Magnum coming on I used to run the 420 versions, but did drive one of the Macks over the Milbrook testing ground on a Renault day out, what a machine.

Regards
Richard

Hi all.
Thanks for all the great information kindly shared again lately. Here is a very early Ergomatic AEC Mandator, later models had different doors and the mirrors mounted on the pillars. Part of the then large fleet of Ely Transport.

Hi all,
Locally based Smiths Heavy Haulage,Picked up this American Military Kenworth recently…

Hi all,
A few here,on the milk,with Ronnie S.Evans…

61AF7DE3-BC71-4F60-8DAB-5B4C24A966D5.jpeg

Hi Andrew how’s the magnum doing mate much left to do on it

pete 359:
Hi all.
Thanks for all the great information kindly shared again lately. Here is a very early Ergomatic AEC Mandator, later models had different doors and the mirrors mounted on the pillars. Part of the then large fleet of Ely Transport.

Article on Ely Transport.

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi all,
A relation of J&M,kindly called into work today.He gave me these.Great period photos.In the first shot,I can see Cliff Godwin standing in front of TUH 1S,Is that Ronny Wright in front of 598S?

7D303591-98B2-4465-8F16-57F9D216B60C.jpeg

CA0B705E-1885-46AF-8E55-C528B5D36297.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
A relation of J&M,kindly called into work today.He gave me these.Great period photos.In the first shot,I can see Cliff Godwin standing in front of TUH 1S,Is that Ronny Wright in front of 598S?

Great pics of the Transcons Andrew. In that first pic is the first one a Hick’s motor ?

E141.jpg

2017-06-30 19.39.23.jpg