South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Smallcoal,
Good morning,
The wipers on those Atki’s were air operated and had a mind of their own, that could explain it.
Allan

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal,
Good morning,
The wipers on those Atki’s were air operated and had a mind of their own, that could explain it.
Allan

Hi Allan,
I converted both my F88 and Peterbilt from air to electric.Theres a special place in hell,for the man who thought pneumatic wipers were a good idea…
Regards Andrew.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For all you ex John Raymond drivers out there I have been told this morning that Joe Donachie has passed away RIP not many of that era left now I remember him quite well when I was a young man starting out in the haulage game .

Ianto full pelt:
For all you ex John Raymond drivers out there I have been told this morning that Joe Donachie has passed away RIP not many of that era left now I remember him quite well when I was a young man starting out in the haulage game .

hi Ianto ,you are correct not many left ,I was talking to my mate and he said all steel drivers how many have gone to the trailer park in the sky rip all of them

Hi all,
A couple here,Courtesy of Chris Richards,leaving Llanwern…

Pete 359
Hi Coop, re: the photo of the Multiserv Alpha MK 02 HYL, I think it was based in Llanwern.
I drove MK O2 HYV which was of course based in the Abbey
Cheers, Allan

Hi all,
Morris Bros were a very big firm at their peak,then they just evaporated,A common story sadly.In a larger and more staggered process ,BRS ultimately went the same way…

Ianto full pelt:

Hi Ianto,what did he have how old was he my mate nick arpino just asked me to find out he said can you pass on his condolences

smallcoal:

Ianto full pelt:

Hi Ianto,what did he have how old was he my mate nick arpino just asked me to find out he said can you pass on his condolences

Morning John I can only guess mid-eighties maybe Mr. steel would have a better idea ?

Double Owens today, all credit to SCP for the photos snapped at Strensham Services.
Oily

oiltreader:
Double Owens today, all credit to SCP for the photos snapped at Strensham Services.
Oily

Hi Oily,
Thanks for those Owens photos,they’d be amongst the last trucks they ran in their shade of blue.Heres a few welsh oldies ;

1. Hills of cardiff with a very early ergomatic.
  2. A rare welsh registered Daf from Transcontinental Refrigeration from Rosslare.
  3. A Sheddick Merc,a long way from Newport.
  4. A Foden operated by the late Harry Case Of Porthcawl.

Courtesy of dean on Paul’s page

wales glyn john 801 ppg.PNG

Hi all ,
A couple of welsh MACK’s here and an early bonneted VOLVO.

6ACD2317-9DAF-48CE-9A40-FBDDE39F4CE1.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
I’ve never heard of this South Wales firm or recall any of their vehicles.photo is courtesy of Richard Ferguson.Fergy tells me Hawthorn we’re from South Wales with a couple based in Shrewsbury.

Hi Andrew . Were they from Pontypridd as that is where Hawthorn is ?

MAN TGX 26.480 - EK63XSG - Steve Hughes Haulage Ltd:

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:
Hi all,
I’ve never heard of this South Wales firm or recall any of their vehicles.photo is courtesy of Richard Ferguson.Fergy tells me Hawthorn we’re from South Wales with a couple based in Shrewsbury.

Hi Andrew . Were they from Pontypridd as that is where Hawthorn is ?

Hi Ianto,
Must admit I’d not thought of that area of Ponty! Here are some great BRS photos,taken by Michael Bailey at Bridgend depot,Late 60’s?

F44D9FC3-12BF-44CB-AB58-A6C33DBED60F.jpeg

Pete 359,
Morning Coop,
Re: the photos of Bridgend BRS depot courtesy of Micheal Bailey, do you know if he is related to Percy Bailey or his brother Norman ?
Regards, Allan

pete 359:
Hi all ,
A couple of welsh MACK’s here and an early bonneted VOLVO.

With a SoM ERF top centre of picture on the slip road.

David

Mrsteel:
Pete 359,
Morning Coop,
Re: the photos of Bridgend BRS depot courtesy of Micheal Bailey, do you know if he is related to Percy Bailey or his brother Norman ?
Regards, Allan

Hi Allan,
I did ask,He’s related to neither of them.He is a scot who travelled around a bit taking lorry photos…
Regards Andrew.