South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi Allan,a jr reunion a couple of years ago ,also one of your mates in the abbey Elwyn barnett :laughing:

253438F7-16A1-476A-A7EC-A39A2C9A7623.jpeg

Smallcoal,
Morning John, I remember that ’ bit of bother ’ Elwyn ( aka Dapter ) had. Looking at the photo if you had let him he would probably have talked that trl: back down. I also remember the bump he had outside 15 bay when the tins of red lead he had ’ secreted ’ in the cab burst open and he was covered in red lead. Apparently when security arrived on the scene they thought it was blood. He probably talked his way out of that.
Regards, Allan

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal,
Morning John, I remember that ’ bit of bother ’ Elwyn ( aka Dapter ) had. Looking at the photo if you had let him he would probably have talked that trl: back down. I also remember the bump he had outside 15 bay when the tins of red lead he had ’ secreted ’ in the cab burst open and he was covered in red lead. Apparently when security arrived on the scene they thought it was blood. He probably talked his way out of that.
Regards, Allan

Hi Allan,that day he had the bump he told security that he didn’t know they were in there as someone put them behind the passenger seat hidden by a coat over them ,I remember when he painted his garage floor with same stuff before that drove his car in it been raining put his brakes on and hit the inside garage wall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he the only man that can charm anything ,1st pic dai dipstick,then elwyns son in law Steve ,len tyler,reg in the Foden then John brown,ray davies and two others with blue line low loader,and adrian

1F58718C-6B45-4002-803C-687B9BD7C908.jpeg

DF9B894E-688D-4D23-A06C-C9D5EED8BD54.jpeg

All credit to SCP for the photos.
Oily

smallcoal:

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal,
Regards, Allan

Hi Allan,that day he had the bump he told security that he didn’t know they were in there as someone put them behind the passenger seat hidden by a coat over them ,I remember when he painted his garage floor with same stuff before that drove his car in it been raining put his brakes on and hit the inside garage wall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he the only man that can charm anything ,1st pic dai dipstick,then elwyns son in law Steve ,len tyler,reg in the Foden then John brown,ray davies and two others with blue line low loader,and adrian

John Re-the bottom photo a young Robert Williams delivering Hino cement mixers from Ireland overland to Baghdad late seventies I think .

oiltreader:
All credit to SCP for the photos.
Oily

Hi Oily,
Thanks for sharing all of those images sir.Here are a pair of photos of classic welsh eight leggers,firstly Courtesy of “Dicky ■■■■■” a brand new Glyn S.John Octopus and a pair of welsh BRS wagons back loaded for South Wales at High Wycombe depot.

Hi Andrew is that the one with the beard ,didn’t he drive tippers at one time for wimpy as he is familiar think he used to come in the abbey when I worked for wimpy on internal or am I thinking of somebody similar,is that one of the mclennas by the cab

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew is that the one with the beard ,didn’t he drive tippers at one time for wimpy as he is familiar think he used to come in the abbey when I worked for wimpy on internal or am I thinking of somebody similar,is that one of the mclennas by the cab

Hi Smallcoal,
Left to right,Ray Davies,Bob Williams,Hoss? A former BRS driver,Eric Coventry,Blue lines recovery trailer.Took a crane and some other vehicles to Iraq in the mid 1970’s.I think Bob is still working for Runtech?
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

smallcoal:

Hi Smallcoal,
Left to right,Ray Davies,Bob Williams,Hoss? A former BRS driver,Eric Coventry,Blue lines recovery trailer.Took a crane and some other vehicles to Iraq in the mid 1970’s.I think Bob is still working for Runtech?
Regards Andrew.

Ray used to work for blue line then carline,hoss I don’t think is very well at the moment someone told me I know Eric ,I see runtech have taken over the big yard I think it was the doors place beastie is driving for them he got the silver truck ,how’s the truck coming on

2shots of the abbey entrance and a advert for Clive Harvey plant used to be based by blancos

4D220377-6E1C-439D-AFFF-3E59EDD2EA9C.jpeg

252847C1-2263-4BA3-9386-AECBD4F6B655.jpeg

EB376A8B-8D8B-4A39-A9C4-E06273DCE159.jpeg

Hi all,
Something a little different here,from I’m guessing the 1930’s? This company built the Bridgend bypass.The Ruston steam shovel is parked,pretty much where the roundabout is outside McDonalds now,with Wickes’ car park being where the people are standing and what I still call the Ferodo bridge in the background…

Briton ferry bridge being opened

Ianto full pelt:

smallcoal:

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal,
Regards, Allan

John Re-the bottom photo a young Robert Williams delivering Hino cement mixers from Ireland overland to Baghdad late seventies I think .

Hi.

Was robert williams from llanharan if so i worked with him for a few months back in the late seventies, he went on to work for j and m after that.

smallcoal:

Hi john.

in my previous post the last time i saw bob was coming out of rockwool in 91 he waved going in driving a wimpey eight wheeler, i was told later that the wimpey tipper he was driving was his own truck that he purchased after working in the falklands.

has anyone anymore info.

ANDREWDAX:

smallcoal:

Hi john.

in my previous post the last time i saw bob was coming out of rockwool in 91 he waved going in driving a wimpey eight wheeler, i was told later that the wimpey tipper he was driving was his own truck that he purchased after working in the falklands.

has anyone anymore info.

Hi mate,I thought he was on tippers as I used to work in wimpy in the abbey internal ,I thought I wasn’t going mad :laughing: :laughing: cheers John

Tippers did someone say TIPPERS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Tippers did someone say TIPPERS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi lance yes I did quite a load of tipper work here’s one of pml who I drove for,the second pic I just dropped a load of coke from cwm coke works to a foundry in the midlands,he only had 4 trucks the other drivers were tony Kinsey,dai (strato) morgan and patch

EA77E85D-5B7C-4EA2-BD98-52A48BABC6C4.jpeg

4B17812C-3D74-4DC8-8C75-6B42E1C1347A.jpeg

ANDREWDAX:

smallcoal:

Hi john.

has anyone anymore info.

Morning Andrewdax Bob had a Foden 8 legger on to Wimpeys R32RWS I worked for him when he had 3 units 2X Daf 1 X Magnum general haulage all over the UK and some continental good fella to work for in all fairness now does a bit part-time for Runtech .

Hi all,
I’ve never heard of this South Wales firm or recall any of their vehicles.photo is courtesy of Richard Ferguson.Fergy tells me Hawthorn we’re from South Wales with a couple based in Shrewsbury.

pete 359:
Hi all,
I’ve never heard of this South Wales firm or recall any of their vehicles.photo is courtesy of Richard Ferguson.Fergy tells me Hawthorn we’re from South Wales with a couple based in Shrewsbury.

I notice his nearside wiper is on the roof in the pic :laughing: