South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,
This pic popped up on another site,

Hi Pete,
That photo of my F16 is one I’ve not seen before.Thanks for sharing,taken back in June 2007 when my mate Stan and I,Went to Charleville in Southern Ireland.Heres some that have been on my phone for ages,starting with T.D.Williams’ Ammanford yard…

Hi Andrew , Had many a breakfast in the garage as you come into Charleyville just north of Mallow used to go over to Newcastle West to load chicken for Lidl .

The German is one of tommys longest serving drivers still going strong he got one of the new scanias ,nice shot of the yard ,some crackers on the phone Andrew :slight_smile:

pete 359:

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,

Hi Pete,
That photo of my F16 is one I’ve not seen before.Thanks for sharing,taken back in June 2007 when my mate Stan and I,Went to Charleville in Southern Ireland.Heres some that have been on my phone for ages,starting with T.D.Williams’ Ammanford yard…

Some good pics there Pete. Shame to see the leyland and Crusader rotting away.

One of Glyn John’s flying machines.

wales glyn john v psw.PNG

DEANB:

pete 359:

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,

Hi Pete,

Some good pics there Pete. Shame to see the leyland and Crusader rotting away.

One of Glyn John’s flying machines.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Glyn John F88 photo,not seen that one before.I bought the rotten remains of an ex Glyn John F88,TDW 120S,twenty years ago from the late Ray Barnett at Llandow Commercials for parts for my own F88 restoration.Here’s a pair of welsh Transcon’s…

Re ^^^^^, here’s another couple of pics of that bottom Transcon. Robert

7409527984_b22f25e7ab_z.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi,
Yes both those images have been on our thread previously.Alte Express From Pontypool.

Remember them also operating a Scania 142 and 143.

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi all
Sunday wouldn’t be Sunday on Trucknet, without five WYNNS photos…

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,
A few here courtesy of our good friend gah1950 aka Graham Hillman,several shots of a barge move Graham was involved with in Holland recently.

Have you jumped ship Graham, thought you was on for Walters at Hirwaun? How does the Merc compare to the Scania’s?

Hello Pete…
I packed in that lot back in Dec15 Pete … But cant give an appraisal on the two trucks but what i will say the 730 would bury the Mercedes ,But in fairness the Merc has a smaller engine but the Turbo Clutch is a big step forward. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

gah1950:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,
A few here courtesy of our good friend gah1950 aka Graham Hillman,several shots of a barge move Graham was involved with in Holland recently.

Have you jumped ship Graham, thought you was on for Walters at Hirwaun? How does the Merc compare to the Scania’s?

Hello Pete…
I packed in that lot back in Dec15 Pete … But cant give an appraisal on the two trucks but what i will say the 730 would bury the Mercedes ,But in fairness the Merc has a smaller engine but the Turbo Clutch is a big step forward. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Graham,
Thank you for the reply, Pete

pete 359:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi,
Yes both those images have been on our thread previously.Alte Express From Pontypool.

Andrew,
those ones weren’t Alte Express but they were based across the road from them on the Polo grounds.

Hi all,
A few South Wales,low loaders,as they were once called…

Hi all. Andrew four once great companies there. A fine example of a HY-MAC 580 on WTs F10.
Barry Cosslett built up an impressive business, and Adams had their own quarry around Risca, can’t remember exactly where. Adams had one of the best tarmac laying crews in the early 80s, all mad as hatters.
Forty years ago roughly.
Great photos Andrew.

Regards Paul

Morning Andrew,
The pic of your F16, popped up on an Irish site.
The article on the A P Transport brought back a bit of a useless bit of info, I can remember reading the original article whilst eating a KFC in Keele Services!
Here is one I can’t remember but being from Risca would they have been on Alcan work? N.M.P, Cheer’s Pete

5415444255_e4efa3b8f5.jpg

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,
The article on the A P Transport brought back a bit of a useless bit of info, I can remember reading the original article whilst eating a KFC in Keele Services!
Here is one I can’t remember but being from Risca would they have been on Alcan work? N.M.P, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete,
That trip to Southern Ireland back in 2007 confirmed my belief that there is a huge following for classic vehicles over there.We’ve visited many times since.Some big well attended truck events held there these days.

2556C2A7-61A7-46FC-9C0B-18F78720E0E7.jpeg

That catnic bus absolutely monster to driver catnic spent a fortune converting into a showroom and never used it stood outside workshop for years by fuel tanks bloody newsons regards rowley

pete 359:

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,

Hi Pete,
That trip to Southern Ireland back in 2007 confirmed my belief that there is a huge following for classic vehicles over there.We’ve visited many times since.Some big well attended truck events held there these days.

Thames of Glamorgan plant owned by Mr. Lewis from llanharan eventually sold out to APH Avonmouth plant hire nice chap he was .

rward:
That catnic bus absolutely monster to driver catnic spent a fortune converting into a showroom and never used it stood outside workshop for years by fuel tanks bloody newsons regards rowley

Hi Rowley,
That Catnic show bus is a monster. …would it be an old BBC outside broadcasting unit at some point to ?

Regards Mark

D0AD058E-068C-4FA7-AC7E-BC6A1567FCCC.jpeg.jpg

Hi all,
A few welsh BRS photos,The first yard pictures are the old Swansea depot,notice a Briton Ferry Steel MK5 AEC on the right,Fourth picture may be The Windrush on the A40?..

D192F6E0-0300-45CD-8C3B-710AD4BC3AAC.jpeg

CB39FEB6-8598-48FF-A492-B4B56E2688AA.jpeg

That certainly looks like the wind rush ,nice old pics there Andrew ,the box trailers in the back 3rd pic look like remploy design could be wrong mind